Injury Report: Greene out 6-12 weeks, possibly season

Muzzinga

Regehr GOAT
Oct 30, 2009
Why not use the unit from the playoffs with Richards on the point and Brown in there?

But I won't complain as long as Stool isn't out there.

Prob because the unit in the playoffs were terrible. Like 12% conversion

Shame Voynov isn't on the top unit, I maintain that he is the only player on the team who knows how to play left point

goosh

Nov 25, 2010
Ryan Rishaug

@TSNBobMcKenzie reporting Kings Dman Matt Greene hurt back Saturday and is done for the year.

lisa dillman

Having some twitter issues. Just got email from Dean Lombardi. Says D Matt Greene is "out for the year probably."

Well that's just great.

Last edited:

topliner967

Dec 14, 2011
Northern Europe
That's no good if it's accurate. Maybe Muzzin has a legit chance of staying the full year?

“It’s everybody’s (dream), you want to play in the NHL,†said Muzzin following practice today. “You work to play in the NHL. So to be here and to get a chance to play – I just want to go out and keep it simple, play my game and hopefully play well, continue to play well. And stay the rest of the year.â€

He also was quick to point out that nothing is official yet – “They haven’t told me anything yet, but I would think if Greener’s out, that I would play tomorrow in Colorado and we’ll take it from there.â€

http://mayorsmanor.com/2013/01/matt-greene-injured-jake-muzzin-set-to-play-vs-colorado/

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Kings will probably need to look at bringing in a veteran defenseman. That's a lot of youth on that back end. Muzzin and Drewiske are fringe NHL'ers at best, and suddenly a lot of responsibility is shifted to Martinez and Slava.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Loss of Hickey hurts worse now, but Bodnarchuk should be a decent enough replacement for Greene for now...considering Kings were reportedly kicking the tires on Redden of all people, gotta think they will be searching for a D pretty hard now...

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
And nobody will be really interested in selling yet. Might be time for a hockey trade.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Jordan Leopold maybe? His contract is up in June. Might not cost too much.

Then again since it's now known the Kings are down 2 D's, the price might be climbing. NJ was shopping D's too...

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
And Mitchell's return timetable is still ambiguous. Oh, things just got interesting.

Puck U

2012 SC CHAMPIONS !
Aug 2, 2005
Apple Valley, CA.
greene20smile.png
ThatsNotAllFolks.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad