Grant Fuhr vs Vladislav Tretiak

reggiep

Jan 24, 2008
Hey zcine if u think paul coffey was a good defense defencemen you got issues. Yeah he could score points but he was a liability out there defensively. I dont remember him ever delivering big hits or blocking shots like u see defensemen today. 5 of the guys on the list played on canada up and never even been all stars. In addition as i mentioned above paul coffey.
Bill ranford did win the cup in 1990 but again that was one of the best poerformances i ever seen by a goalie. He won the conn smythe.
Again you failed to mention the following year fuhr almost took the oilers back to the finals without gretzky kurri and coffey and the few stars that were left were starting to get past there prime. It shows goaltending had alot to do with those stanly cups.
Yeah i agree bill ranford could of won some cups with those teams but at that time he was playing like the best goaltender in the world, following that cup he also led team canada to the 1991 canada cup and didnt he win the tournament mvp? To me this bolsters fuhr's reputation even more.
I here that all the time ranford won and this and that well at that time he was the best goaltender in the world for a 2-3 years span. Then he just faded away. Again winning the conn smythe and leading team canada and winning tournament mvp in 1991, the 80's especially mid 80's were the most wide open era in nhl history this bolsters fuhr's reputation even more. Again look at 1991 he was in net in the playoffs and oilers almost went back to the finals without gretz, kurri and coffey, thats 3 hall of famers off the team.

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
Hey zcine if u think paul coffey was a good defense defencemen you got issues.

I don't believe that you carefully read post #123 in this thread - specifically the part where he said "Find a quote where I said Coffey was good defensively."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad