Rumor: Granlund to CBJ

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Good investment at the right price. It still boggles my mind that some fans don’t know he’s a winger, particularly a RW, though. Hopefully Columbus continues to add players and they beat-up on Pittsburgh this year. The Metro is going to be tough.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Granlund can play either wing, but i prefer him at RW. He won't blow past anyone with an outside move, but his inside, AKA "Gretzky", move once he makes the blue line is good. He can also play C.

I don't know what happened to him. He's too young to be finished, and his best skills (IQ, vision, puckhandling) aren't ones that erode quickly.

Reactions: thebus88

Dumais

It's All In The Reflexes
Jul 24, 2013
Can he play both wings?

What are the chances he turns back into a topliner for us? Because the Jackets have like 10 middle sixers, that's not really much help.
I don't think it matters, point is he's a playmaker (we have Domi I think and Nyquist) and we have plenty of shooters (Atkinson, Bjorkstrand, PLD, Foligno, Jenner etc.)

We could use him on either wing.

Reactions: thebus88

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Granlund can play either wing, but i prefer him at RW. He won't blow past anyone with an outside move, but his inside, AKA "Gretzky", move once he makes the blue line is good. He can also play C.

I don't know what happened to him. He's too young to be finished, and his best skills (IQ, vision, puckhandling) aren't ones that erode quickly.
No he can't

Reactions: Fro

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
No, Koivu was acquired to move Jenner back to wing. If Grigorenko takes that spot, fine

That may be the plan but Koivu also has to show he can still contribute offensively which remains to be seen. It's very easy for Torts to go back to Jenner who he played above Wennberg most of the time.

ctmagic

Jan 15, 2013
C9B04985-83AD-4E92-86E0-92F8E65CDFC1.jpeg

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
He is best as a playmaking wing. He is a decent middle six two way guy at this point, but has the potential to be more. Great passer ...will make a shooter very happy. Superb puck handler, and very good at zone entries on PP's. Not the fastest, or strongest.
After this play, I was convinced he was gonna be a star. I don't know what happened between than and now, but I still feel like he has more in him than what he's shown since he left the wild

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
Ollonqvist
That can't be his real name... It's obviously a Swedish surname and translated it becomes ''penis glans twig''

Either way, it could be a good signing, but to me Granlund has looked very uninspired the last years. Maybe Torts can light a fire under his bum.

Reactions: Morrison

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011

He was traded to Nashville against his will. His wife didnt like it there, he didnt click with linemates and then their kid was stillborn. Doesnt really help. I bet he will be back.

Snaibberi

Mar 20, 2008
Granlund was good if not great in Minnesota. Then he had one not so good season with Nashville and now he is 1-1,5m 3rd line player? I consider him equal to Teräväinen if given same position and ice time in a decent team.

Lets face it... Nashville is not a paradise to offensive minded players. Everyones stats plummet soon as they go there. Just by looking Nashville player stats for the last 10 years i was sure that he was not going to shine there. Let him do his magic in offensive zone and he will be 20+50 player.

Allthoug im not sure if Columbus is best place for him either. Some offence first team would be my choice if i was Granlund. He needs good season or two to gain his confidence and that nice retirement contract.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Not sure I like this fit.

I don't see him thriving under Tortorella.

Also Granlund's best hockey came as a RW and I don't see him bumping Atkinson, Bjorkstrand, or Jenner out of a spot. I wouldn't employ Granlund to play him in my bottom 6 if I was a GM. I think his best opportunity to thrive would be as a 2nd line RW.

Reactions: 57special

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad