Confirmed with Link: Granlund (MIN) for Fiala(NSH)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
It took me years to appreciate MiG, and when I finally do, we trade him?
Thought he'd be the one guy that we'd keep around from that age group of forwards. I think it was his mediocre play in 2019 is what did it...could it be as simple as that he was so busy running to the store to get pickles and ice cream for his expecting wife that he was too pooped to play well?

It's also bloody weird that he is in the same division. What's next, Brodin to CO?
For Mack sure.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I always got the impression he just REALLY likes Fiala.
I get that impression as well... he blinded himself so much with his love for Fiala, he didn't even consider rationally what he was giving up for him. He was just so excited about getting the guy he wanted.

It's like paying $100 for a $20 bill that you think looks so much cooler.

AJ Thelen

Nov 19, 2010
Pontypandy
I get that impression as well... he blinded himself so much with his love for Fiala, he didn't even consider rationally what he was giving up for him. He was just so excited about getting the guy he wanted.

It's like paying $100 for a $20 bill that you think looks so much cooler.

I've used the exact same "term" to my friends. It's very fitting.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Yeah. It was not the trade itself or the idea of getting younger. It was the return. This wasn't the place and time to rehearse some GMing.

We wanted picks too, for God's son's sake!

Last edited:
Reactions: Bruce Granville

Bruce Granville

Oct 11, 2014
It took me years to appreciate MiG, and when I finally do, we trade him?
Thought he'd be the one guy that we'd keep around from that age group of forwards. I think it was his mediocre play in 2019 is what did it...could it be as simple as that he was so busy running to the store to get pickles and ice cream for his expecting wife that he was too pooped to play well?

It's also bloody weird that he is in the same division. What's next, Brodin to CO?
Don‘t forget Dumba to Winnipeg...

Reactions: behemolari

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Granlund has 4 points in 13 games for Nashville, with none in the past 8 (and 2/3). I don't think he's gotten any time on their PP1? That's got to play a part in that.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Granlunds game relies on chemistry with linemates, knowing where they’re going to be, them knowing where he’s going to put it. I’m not sure how he’s been used or what it looks like in Nashville, but I think he’ll be back to 65 point next year.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I just think Granlund has been bad. Something isn't right with him.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Granlunds game relies on chemistry with linemates, knowing where they’re going to be, them knowing where he’s going to put it. I’m not sure how he’s been used or what it looks like in Nashville, but I think he’ll be back to 65 point next year.
Chemistry didn't stop him from being awful his last 3 months here

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
The Granlund that left here wasn't a 65 point player

Yeah that was acknowledged (albeit indirectly) when I said he’d be back to 65 points next year

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I would be really surprised if that happens

If anyone believes he’s never going to be a 65 point player again then they shouldn’t be upset with the return we got for him. Fiala is a fair return for a 20 goal, 55 point winger.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
So, after all the angst, both Granlund and Fiala are tied in total points with their respective new teams with 9. Fiala has played in 3 less games. It is now a respectable sample size...close to half a season.

Maybe Fenton(and it hurts to say this) knew what he was doing on this one? You can't argue the $ advantage to MN on this one.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i just think so far the trade hasn't worked out for either team. granlund should be a dazzling playmaker for smashville & fiala should be another zucker for the wild. (speedy & creative goal scorer) im almost ready to say check please. so when granlund's a ufa do we try and sign him back for 5 mill?

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
i just think so far the trade hasn't worked out for either team. granlund should be a dazzling playmaker for smashville & fiala should be another zucker for the wild. (speedy & creative goal scorer) im almost ready to say check please. so when granlund's a ufa do we try and sign him back for 5 mill?
no.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
So, after all the angst, both Granlund and Fiala are tied in total points with their respective new teams with 9. Fiala has played in 3 less games. It is now a respectable sample size...close to half a season.

Maybe Fenton(and it hurts to say this) knew what he was doing on this one? You can't argue the $ advantage to MN on this one.

I'd agree that the logic was defensible here. Really shocks me that Granny is having so much trouble as a Pred. Watched a little of the game last night, had to check just now to confirm that, yes, he did play - about 14 minutes.

Goose312

May 15, 2015

I'd be curious how Granlund being the focus of the MN offense, and not fitting in with the NSH offense means the Wild somehow won by picking up a guy who turns the puck over virtually every time he touches it and ends up rotating through the press box? Granlund's a bad fit in Nashville. He's exactly the type of player the Wild need. You don't win trades by trading away your best offensive driver.

Reactions: Rask Decisions
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad