Prospect Info: Grand Rapids Griffins Discussion

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
and Soderblom is more like 6'8" 250 lbs
forgot to add the plus after 6'5" but yes the redwood tree body types take a bit to get the reflexes, but once the coordination comes they can become forces of nature if they have good athletic abilities as well.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
-And now for my #1 hot take. Kasper looked like the best player on the ice. Well, best forward at least. He was on the penalty kill, PP, took a ton of faceoffs and was just active all game long. Great skater, physical. The difference between last Fall and now is just stunning. I think he needs to be up next year.
Not a hot take at all. When I watched them live this year, even though he didnt have any points, this is exactly what I came away thinking

Oct 18, 2006
Griffins were up 3-0 midway through period 2, but it’s now 3-3. Done this a bit lately. Hopefully Cossa can send it to OT to keep his regulation streak alive.

HoweFan

Jan 10, 2017
Antii is a prospect now. Ed just got called up. Albert should be in Detroit. Wallinder is going to need a call up next year. We have guys like Gibson, Pellikka, and Buium wanting a spot. And of course we need to make room for fan fav Brady Cleveland. Tough decisions for Steve coming up

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Antii is a prospect now. Ed just got called up. Albert should be in Detroit. Wallinder is going to need a call up next year. We have guys like Gibson, Pellikka, and Buium wanting a spot. And of course we need to make room for fan fav Brady Cleveland. Tough decisions for Steve coming up

Yeah. He has to trade more than half of the D prospects to proven veterans.

Rolo Tomassi

May 6, 2010
Hopefully, instead lf waiting until he is forced, he is able to package some of these guys, along with some picks and possibly even roster players to add some star power and/or skilled toughness up front. My dream is that, while doing so, he opens up a couple of roster spots for the prospects who are ready.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
With Czarnik, Berggren and Edvinsson not playing GR still winning means team is very deep.
Just wondering if we lose to Washington today would it make a lot of sense to bring Kasper and maybe AJo, to try to spark Red Wings

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Hopefully, instead lf waiting until he is forced, he is able to package some of these guys, along with some picks and possibly even roster players to add some star power and/or skilled toughness up front. My dream is that, while doing so, he opens up a couple of roster spots for the prospects who are ready.
He, SY, is houng to need to address the blueline in particular this summer... we need a guaranteed spot in the top 6 for SE, he needs to improve the blueline via trade/FA and he needs to create predictive future holes for prospects.

2 or 3 of Holl, Ghost, Chariot, Petry and Maatta need to not be here in Sept

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
He, SY, is houng to need to address the blueline in particular this summer... we need a guaranteed spot in the top 6 for SE, he needs to improve the blueline via trade/FA and he needs to create predictive future holes for prospects.

2 or 3 of Holl, Ghost, Chariot, Petry and Maatta need to not be here in Sept

Think only Ghost is gone and Määttä will drop to 7th.

Chiarot - Seider
Edvinsson - Petry
Walman - Holl
Määttä

That's the core. Maybe there will be 8 guys and not 3 goalies.

Maybe Yzerman can add Pesce, who would made some extra trades possible. But I just don't see trades out for those "hated" defencemen. Or even buyouts.

Gostisbehere was here to eat production from Seider. That was his purpose, to control the caphit a bit. We can easily live without Ghost's effort at next seasons, when giving bigger offensive role for Seider. That's the weapon we haven't used yet with full force.

Then Edvinsson will add his own part in the mix, to replace what this ELC Seider has been giving for us.

So Edvinsson will "replace" ELC-Seider at next season and next season Seider is gonna raise to the next level, as a better defencemen than anyone was at this season.

Some better (than Petry or Holl) and experienced righty would be great for this defensive mix, but I'm sceptical we'll that happening at this summer. It could be more of next 2025 deadline or 2025 off-season thing.

Last edited:

Dangleittus13

Mar 21, 2020
Forwards are banged up…sounds like Mazur is still recovering from shoulder injury, Gettinger may be having season ending surgery, and L’Esperance is sick so going with 11Fs for tonites game.
Excited to have Berggren back in the line up!!!

Reactions: LongTimeDRWF

LongTimeDRWF

Feb 10, 2024
NS
Forwards are banged up…sounds like Mazur is still recovering from shoulder injury, Gettinger may be having season ending surgery, and L’Esperance is sick so going with 11Fs for tonites game.
Excited to have Berggren back in the line up!!!
Wonder if SY was aware of the GR needs when he sent Berggren down and got Finnie setup for AHL contract 🤔

Still got a few players in Toledo too I thnk.

GrGriffins

Jan 30, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Berggren scored his 20th goal and got an assist on the Griffins pp goal in the first. Left the game during the 2nd period as he took a good hit on the boards during a Griffins pp and I believe he was sent to concussion protocol. He did not return to the bench for the 3rd period.

• Wow
Reactions: Filppula

GrGriffins

Jan 30, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Wonder if SY was aware of the GR needs when he sent Berggren down and got Finnie setup for AHL contract 🤔

Still got a few players in Toledo too I thnk.
Yzerman wants Berggren to play in GR playoffs to get playoff experience. If Berggren played one more game for the Wings, Berggren would have to clear waivers to send him back down to GR and he would not clear if they tried to do that. That is why that Berggren was a healthy scratch for the last 5 Wings games and Czarnik was called up and he played instead.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad