Prospect Info: Grand Rapids Griffins Discussion

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
wish wings would bring up kasper.

I was at the game when they played the Wolves. If I'm being honest, I was not that impressed with Kasper and don't think he's ready for the big club. Granted the team was having an off night, but Kasper has a lot of work to do.

David D

Apr 1, 2018
Think only Ghost is gone and Määttä will drop to 7th.

Chiarot - Seider
Edvinsson - Petry
Walman - Holl
Määttä

That's the core. Maybe there will be 8 guys and not 3 goalies.

Maybe Yzerman can add Pesce, who would made some extra trades possible. But I just don't see trades out for those "hated" defencemen. Or even buyouts.

Gostisbehere was here to eat production from Seider. That was his purpose, to control the caphit a bit. We can easily live without Ghost's effort at next seasons, when giving bigger offensive role for Seider. That's the weapon we haven't used yet with full force.

Then Edvinsson will add his own part in the mix, to replace what this ELC Seider has been giving for us.

So Edvinsson will "replace" ELC-Seider at next season and next season Seider is gonna raise to the next level, as a better defencemen than anyone was at this season.

Some better (than Petry or Holl) and experienced righty would be great for this defensive mix, but I'm sceptical we'll that happening at this summer. It could be more of next 2025 deadline or 2025 off-season thing.
no way in hell you come back with Holl and Petry.

Last edited:
Reactions: lilidk

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
We probably stocked with Petri for next season, but Holl will be gone, Gost probably also gone

Reactions: David D

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Holl is gonna play next reason regularily, I presume.

Everybody said this same about Chiarot a year ago, how he should be waived and now he is just fine.
The difference is that Chiarot was playing top pairing minutes last season and the people who thought he would be waived were delusional. Holl has barely played the last 4 months.

I wouldnt be surprised if hes still around, I would be very surprised if he plays regularly with Edvinsson coming into the mix

Reactions: jkutswings

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Holl is gonna play next reason regularily, I presume.

Everybody said this same about Chiarot a year ago, how he should be waived and now he is just fine.
Then we should trade Chiarot for late first and next season Holl is going to be top 4 😈

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
The difference is that Chiarot was playing top pairing minutes last season and the people who thought he would be waived were delusional. Holl has barely played the last 4 months.

I wouldnt be surprised if hes still around, I would be very surprised if he plays regularly with Edvinsson coming into the mix
Yzerman was shopping him, last time I remember saw Holl, he had no confidence in himself.

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
I think one of the reasons why Chiarot played bad last season was his father's battle with cancers. A loved one's battle with such a thing can really take focus off other things.

Reactions: David D and lilidk

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
If we don't run 8d next year, I think Maata will be moved just because he's probably the easiest to package and the two kids who could start with us are lefties.
Edvinsson is obviously pencilled into the top 4 from the get go next season, but with Johansson out of waiver options... I dont think theres anyway Mattaa is on the team to start the year

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Edvinsson is obviously pencilled into the top 4 from the get go next season, but with Johansson out of waiver options... I dont think theres anyway Mattaa is on the team to start the year

He should at least get Detroit a 3rd.

Proposal:

Maatta(1-year-3 million)
Buium
Husso(1-year-4.5 million)

For

Vejmelka(2-years-2.75)
Arizona 2024 3rd

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
Saw some of this guy during the Michigan game, can be a bit of a prick to play against. Should fit in well at the AHL level.

GrGriffins

Jan 30, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Griffins back home vs Chicago Wolves. Cossa starting in goal tonight. A quarter of the team will be back in the lineup tonight (Aston-Reese, Berggren, Semic, and Mazur). Then a home and home series for a battle for 2nd place this weekend as Rockford comes to GR on Friday and then the 2 teams head for Rockford on Saturday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad