Prospect Info: Grand Rapids Griffins Discussion

letsgowings9999

May 13, 2023
Nice play by soderblom to get the puck to kasper and nice shot

Wings need to start playing these kids man . Albert johansson belongs in the nhl

Cant we still make trades although the player cant play in the playoffs ? Send a 3rd and some retention on holl and move his ass

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Soderblom and Kasper on the same line, Lombardi and Mazur same line. Edvinsson is everything, love his physical game. Kasper is horse, Mazur same. Johansson looks NHL ready, Wallinder Soderblom and Tuomisto continue to improve, Viro also looking alright.

Christien

May 1, 2010
Really loving Johansson’s game. He’s improved his defensive game so much and he can really get under the other team’s skin - hope he gets called up soon

Reactions: wings95 and lilidk

schuelma24

Jul 14, 2023
impressions from last night.

-Cossa was really solid. I want to preface this next comment with I am not at all any sort of goalie expert, and I genuinely mean this as a compliment - this is my 3rd time seeing him this year, and what I would say my top impression is that he is so big and so positionally sound that he makes a lot of saves look extremely easy. He takes up the entire goal and what I would imagine would be harder saves for others are just totally routine for him. I hope that made sense. He also got into a near scrum last night where he threw his stick and almost got into it. I'm a big fan.

- Johansson stood out to me last night. Not a huge guy back there, but skated well, was always in the right position and was just ... calm. He also drew a penalty on a nice move. I really hope he gets a shot. He looks ready.

-Ed was great. So smooth. Not much more to say.

-Mazur didn't stick out to me at all last night. Not saying it means anything, and I know he's been productive lately.

-Lombardi was ok. Skated well but didn't find a lot of room to operate.

-Soderblom looked just ok most of the game, then he had an absolutely brilliant move to spring Kasper for a goal. Shrug.

-And now for my #1 hot take. Kasper looked like the best player on the ice. Well, best forward at least. He was on the penalty kill, PP, took a ton of faceoffs and was just active all game long. Great skater, physical. The difference between last Fall and now is just stunning. I think he needs to be up next year.

LongTimeDRWF

Feb 10, 2024
NS
impressions from last night.

-Cossa was really solid. I want to preface this next comment with I am not at all any sort of goalie expert, and I genuinely mean this as a compliment - this is my 3rd time seeing him this year, and what I would say my top impression is that he is so big and so positionally sound that he makes a lot of saves look extremely easy. He takes up the entire goal and what I would imagine would be harder saves for others are just totally routine for him. I hope that made sense. He also got into a near scrum last night where he threw his stick and almost got into it. I'm a big fan.

- Johansson stood out to me last night. Not a huge guy back there, but skated well, was always in the right position and was just ... calm. He also drew a penalty on a nice move. I really hope he gets a shot. He looks ready.

-Ed was great. So smooth. Not much more to say.

-Mazur didn't stick out to me at all last night. Not saying it means anything, and I know he's been productive lately.

-Lombardi was ok. Skated well but didn't find a lot of room to operate.

-Soderblom looked just ok most of the game, then he had an absolutely brilliant move to spring Kasper for a goal. Shrug.

-And now for my #1 hot take. Kasper looked like the best player on the ice. Well, best forward at least. He was on the penalty kill, PP, took a ton of faceoffs and was just active all game long. Great skater, physical. The difference between last Fall and now is just stunning. I think he needs to be up next year.
Thank you for the write up 😎😎👍

Reactions: wings95 and Crunchy

Dangleittus13

Mar 21, 2020
5 goals against on 12 shots in the 2nd period for Hutchinson. Hasn't been pulled yet
Definitely not all his fault, but some softies for sure. Ugly game, team looked flat and uninterested for most of the game…not a lot of compete from their leaders.

Reactions: izlez

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad