Prospect Info: Grand Rapids Griffins 2019-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mlotek

Feb 28, 2017
South of US Border
What is going on with his injury history? Is he 100% healthy now? Is it an injury that can recur?

Also is he going to be sent to AHL in the next day or 2 I assume?

Thanks.
Larsson is expected to compete with Calvin Pickard for ice-time in the AHL. Think of Pickard as a veteran mentor before Larsson proves he can steal the #1 spot.

Larsson tweaked something before the prospect tournament in Traverse City. As a precaution, he didn't play.

In 2018 he hurt his groin during the season and tweaked it around time of prospect tournament that summer. Think this led to surgery (I will have to find source to confirm, going off memory). He started last season in college late, but quicker than expected. Given that he played so well, it suggests he had a full recovery.

Hoping that the previous injury has nothing to do with this summer's flare-up. But that is why Romeo played in prospect tournament after Fulcher flamed out.

Groin and hip injuries are an unfortunate side-effect of the current goaltending style. Once they start, they are common to re-occur. That being said, the groin is a complex area where many things can go wrong.

Larsson did play in Detroit's preseason game #2 vs Chicago, splitting duties with Bernier. He looked solid in his half of the game. He may have suited up as a backup for some of the other preseason games, but didn't play.

There are still 4 preseason games left for Detroit and it would be nice to see him get 1 more rep in.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Svechnikov - Veleno - Zadina
Puempel - Rasmussen - Terry
Elson - Pearson - Kuffner
Smith - Turgeon - Ford

Lashoff - Kaski
Hickets - Seider
Saarijarvi - McIlrath

Pickard
Larsson

Damn.

Reactions: lilidk

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Smith - Turgeon - Ford

Lashoff - Kaski
Hickets - Seider
Saarijarvi - McIlrath

Pickard
Larsson

Damn.
Is this what you think will happen or what GR has listed?

My choice would be to swap Terry & Kuffner, Elson & Smith. Also do you think Lindstrom sits for Saarijarvi at this juncture? GR has 5 RHD.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Smith - Turgeon - Ford

Lashoff - Kaski
Hickets - Seider
Saarijarvi - McIlrath

Pickard
Larsson

Damn.

Ras will get a lot of points playing with Puempel I think. That guy has a good shot and gets it on net a lot. Lots of garbage goals waiting for Rasmussen. I would like to see Smith in Elsons spot there though with how he played in the preseason. He looks like he could be an NHL fourth liner right now so fourth line in the AHL isnt enticing to me.

Also, anyone see if Pearson got sent down yet? I mightve missed it but dont think he has

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
Ras will get a lot of points playing with Puempel I think. That guy has a good shot and gets it on net a lot. Lots of garbage goals waiting for Rasmussen. I would like to see Smith in Elsons spot there though with how he played in the preseason. He looks like he could be an NHL fourth liner right now so fourth line in the AHL isnt enticing to me.

Also, anyone see if Pearson got sent down yet? I mightve missed it but dont think he has
Pearson is hurt... They will send him down when he's healthy

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Is this what you think will happen or what GR has listed?

My choice would be to swap Terry & Kuffner, Elson & Smith. Also do you think Lindstrom sits for Saarijarvi at this juncture? GR has 5 RHD.
Just lineups I wrote up real quick to illustrate their depth. I expect Lindstrom and Saarijarvi will get an equal amount of games unless Lindstrom is very good. McIlrath is going to play a lot of games because we need him to protect the prospects.

Pearson is only up because he is injured, like McIsaac. He will be sent down as soon as he's ready. Idk if there is a timeline for him if there is I haven't seen it.

GrGriffins

Jan 30, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI

And Chris Terry cleared waivers, but he is still in Detroit. Could be an extra forward in case AA and someone else is not ready for the season opener.

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015
Yeah I would think, Veleno usually looks more distinctive to me I guess, my bad. His helmet sure looks like it has 29 when you double click the picture.

Certainly doesn't look like 90 atleast, my guess would be 29 aswell but I don't know why he would take Vili's number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad