Prospect Info: Grand Rapids Griffins 2019-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Billboard Ranks Van Andel Arena #1 | Van Andel Arena

Billboard magazine recently dropped their mid-year charts, and SMG-managed Van Andel Arena can be found among the top venues in the world. In fact, the Grand Rapids venue can be found right at the top!
Billboard lists Van Andel Arena as the #1 venue in North America (#6 worldwide) for all venues with a capacity range of 10,001-15,000. Additionally, DeVos Performance Hall came in as the #13 theater venue worldwide. Billboard used total reported gross ticket sales from November 1, 2018 – April 30, 2019 to rank venues around the world.

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
updated list

C Joe Veleno
C Michael Rasmussen (?)
C Dominik Turgeon
C Chase Pearson
C Gregor MacLeod
C/RW Dominik Shine

LW Matt Puempel
LW Turner Elson
LW Givani Smith
LW Ryan Kuffner
LW Troy Loggins
LW Tyler Spezia

RW Filip Zadina (?)
RW Evgeny Svechnikov (?)
RW Chris Terry
RW Matthew Ford
RW David Pope
RW Jarid Lukocevicius
RW Josh Kestner

LD Dennis Cholowski (?)
LD Brian Lashoff
LD Joe Hicketts
LD Charle-Edouard D'Astous
LD Dylan McIlrath

RD Oliwer Kaski
RD Vili Saarijärvi
RD Gustav Lindström
RD Marcus Crawford
RD Alec McCrea
D Moritz Seider (?)

G Calvin Pickard
G Filip Larsson
G Pat Nagle (TOL)
G Kaden Fulcher (TOL)

Last edited:
Reactions: Ulysses31

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
updated list

C Joe Veleno
C Michael Rasmussen (?)
C Dominik Turgeon
C Chase Pearson
C Gregor MacLeod
C/RW Dominik Shine

LW Matt Puempel
LW Turner Elson
LW Givani Smith
LW Ryan Kuffner
LW Troy Loggins
LW Tyler Spezia

RW Filip Zadina (?)
RW Evgeny Svechnikov (?)
RW Chris Terry
RW Matthew Ford
RW David Pope
RW Jarid Lukocevicius
RW Josh Kestner

LD Dennis Cholowski (?)
LD Brian Lashoff
LD Joe Hicketts
LD Charle-Edouard D'Astous

RD Oliwer Kaski
RD Vili Saarijärvi
RD Gustav Lindström
RD Marcus Crawford
RD Alec McCrea
D Moritz Seider (?)

G Calvin Pickard
G Filip Larsson
G Pat Nagle (TOL)
G Kaden Fulcher (TOL)

McIlrath?

Reactions: waltdetroit

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
They helping? Other than posting.

:nod:
Without going into everything, I have arthritis & bursitis in both shoulders. They were locked with about 45% movement. My HMO offered me a list of exercises, cortisone shots every few months, and an Oxy prescription so I went alternative. I found a great physical massage therapist and started taking CBD oil and ointment rubs for the pain. It took a year but I have 95% in 1 shoulder & 80% in the other. I've found that a mix of CBD and a little of THC works better. My problem is I forget I've taken it and double dose :nod::sarcasm:

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Without going into everything, I have arthritis & bursitis in both shoulders. They were locked with about 45% movement. My HMO offered me a list of exercises, cortisone shots every few months, and an Oxy prescription so I went alternative. I found a great physical massage therapist and started taking CBD oil and ointment rubs for the pain. It took a year but I have 95% in 1 shoulder & 80% in the other. I've found that a mix of CBD and a little of THC works better. My problem is I forget I've taken it and double dose :nod::sarcasm:

Double dose is not a problem, its an adventure.

Reactions: waltdetroit

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Most likely we see Zadina Veleno duo .who will be third ? Svechnikov?

WesNichols14

Nov 22, 2011
Port Huron Michigan
Puempel would be ideal. I'd love to see something like:

Puempel-Veleno-Zadina
Elson-Ras-Terry
Smith-Turgeon-Svech
Kuffner-Shine-Ford

If Svech is in GR he would need to be a top 6 forward. at least for the early part of the year. The Wings need to know what they have in him, and he needs to build his confidence back up to how he was during his rookie season. Both things that are only going to really happen if he's given decent minutes. Plus Svech and Gio kind of play a similar role so it would be kind of redundant to out them on the same line in my opinion. I think you swap out Elson and Svech and your lineup flows better, while accomplishing that goal.

Depending on how Svech is playing (his rookie year was better than Puempels most recent year) you could even argue he should be on the top line as the puck retreiver/ net area guy, and Puempel could be on the second line providing a really strong second line with Terry and Ras.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
If Svech is in GR he would need to be a top 6 forward. at least for the early part of the year. The Wings need to know what they have in him, and he needs to build his confidence back up to how he was during his rookie season. Both things that are only going to really happen if he's given decent minutes. Plus Svech and Gio kind of play a similar role so it would be kind of redundant to out them on the same line in my opinion. I think you swap out Elson and Svech and your lineup flows better, while accomplishing that goal.

Depending on how Svech is playing (his rookie year was better than Puempels most recent year) you could even argue he should be on the top line as the puck retreiver/ net area guy, and Puempel could be on the second line providing a really strong second line with Terry and Ras.

It's going to take A LOT of time for him to get going again. The only thing he NEEDS to do this season is get through the year without any major injuries/setbacks. Svech isn't going to be able jump back in and be able to handle big minutes yet, nor does he really deserve them based on how he was playing just prior to his injury. Him and Smith do not play the same part so no it won't be redundant. If he can get 35/40 points, I'll be really happy for him.

Reactions: lilidk

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
It's going to take A LOT of time for him to get going again. The only thing he NEEDS to do this season is get through the year without any major injuries/setbacks. Svech isn't going to be able jump back in and be able to handle big minutes yet, nor does he really deserve them based on how he was playing just prior to his injury. Him and Smith do not play the same part so no it won't be redundant. If he can get 35/40 points, I'll be really happy for him.

Making Svech a third liner in GR at the age of 23 is a bad idea.

GrGriffins

Jan 30, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
So what are the expectations for the Griffins this year?

All depends on what happens in Detroit just like one season from the next. If the Wings have a ton of injuries throughout the season, it will be a long season for the Griffins. If the Wings can stay healthy for most of the season, the Griffins chances will be better. Too many questions that can not be answered at this time to determine the Griffins fate for this upcoming season. I hope most of those questions will be answered after the Wings training camp.

Hoping for much better special teams this season compared to last season. That has to improve for the Griffins to have any chance to be contenders. Should have 2 good scoring lines and a pretty decent checking line. Defense and goaltending will be our top 2 question marks and those 2 will determine if the Griffins will be contenders or pretenders.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
All depends on what happens in Detroit just like one season from the next. If the Wings have a ton of injuries throughout the season, it will be a long season for the Griffins. If the Wings can stay healthy for most of the season, the Griffins chances will be better. Too many questions that can not be answered at this time to determine the Griffins fate for this upcoming season. I hope most of those questions will be answered after the Wings training camp.

Hoping for much better special teams this season compared to last season. That has to improve for the Griffins to have any chance to be contenders. Should have 2 good scoring lines and a pretty decent checking line. Defense and goaltending will be our top 2 question marks and those 2 will determine if the Griffins will be contenders or pretenders.

I don't think injuries in NHL will be problem for Griffins. That roster is so damn stacked, so there will be good players for use.

Larsson should be good addition at goal, so maybe only issue could be if the defence is too young and prone for mistakes in learning process. Last time Griffins did win AHL, they had more of veteran defence (Lashoff, McIlrath, Paetsch, Renouf, etc.). It's really tough to be successful with kid defence.

GrGriffins

Jan 30, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Larsson should be good addition at goal, so maybe only issue could be if the defence is too young and prone for mistakes in learning process. Last time Griffins did win AHL, they had more of veteran defence (Lashoff, McIlrath, Paetsch, Renouf, etc.). It's really tough to be successful with kid defence.

But you have to have a consistent and hot goaltender to make it all the way. Larsson has to prove himself and the organization that he is the man to do it. Already injured and he did not play in the TC tournament is not a good start for his development. They may look good on paper and I have seen Griffins rosters in the past that were suppose to be real good and did not perform to the hype and they did not make the playoffs, or got knocked off early in the playoffs. Will see. I hope they show it on the ice and not on paper.

Reactions: ealong59

Ulysses31

Oct 7, 2015
What's a computer?
Xcited for GR: Veleno, zadina, Rasmule, svech, seider maybe hirose looks like a stacked squad.

wouldnt mind if they loaded up GR and tried to win then bring em over en masse next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad