Prospect Info: Grand Rapids Griffins 2015/16 Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
According to some on this board :laugh: The Wings have no Top 4 D-Men in the farm system :help:

Ouellet Danny D (Marchenko? I still need to see more)

Just kidding they all suck :sarcasm:

The one thing that i will agree with is a Dman who hasnt shown any signs of taking over the team, Scoring 50 or so points while playing good dfence

Anchor Town*

According to some on this board :laugh: The Wings have no Top 4 D-Men in the farm system :help:

MOD Common stance is that we have no top pairing D prospects, which I would love to see be refuted.

We have plenty of middle pairing D prospects.

Last edited by a moderator:

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Common stance is that we have no top pairing D prospects, which I would love to see be refuted.

We have plenty of middle pairing D prospects.

I don't think anyone was realistically expecting Marchenko, Ouellet, Jensen, Sproul or Backman to turn into top-pairing defensemen. Very few were, at least in my mind.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I don't think anyone was realistically expecting Marchenko, Ouellet, Jensen, Sproul or Backman to turn into top-pairing defensemen. Very few were, at least in my mind.

I still believe Ouellet will play on a top pairing at some point.

Girardi, Hamhuis, Beauchmin and Vlasic type player in my opinion.

The stay at home player that the coach trusts so much he logs massive minutes.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014

I think he nets 30 points at least like Seabrook or something.

Hendricks433

Feb 18, 2013

That's kind of what DK is becoming though right?

It seems like we have a lot of similar types of Dmen in the system.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
There was talk before the 3rd that Sproul was the griffs best D

Blashill doesn't exactly have a track record of developing defensemen, now does he? When Ouellet, Sproul, Marchenko and Jensen were drafted and developing there was hype surrounding all of them to varying degrees. Recently Jimmy Devellano came out and said we don't have a single guy who is more than 4-7 guy.

So as far as people making comments about us not having a top 4 d-man in the system, that would be Jimmy Devellano. :laugh:

Oh yeah, the guy who "developed" them is going to be their coach in Detroit. :help:

Aug 6, 2012
Blashill doesn't exactly have a track record of developing defensemen, now does he? When Ouellet, Sproul, Marchenko and Jensen were drafted and developing there was hype surrounding all of them to varying degrees. Recently Jimmy Devellano came out and said we don't have a single guy who is more than 4-7 guy.

So as far as people making comments about us not having a top 4 d-man in the system, that would be Jimmy Devellano. :laugh:

Oh yeah, the guy who "developed" them is going to be their coach in Detroit. :help:

The guy has had immense success with those defenseman over three years. We won't really know what we have with Ouellet, Marchenko, Jensen or Sproul until they get extended time in the NHL (more than 20ish games).

Anchor Town*

Vlasic is a #1 D. You think ouellet turns into that type of player?

Anchor Town*

I wouldn't worry what Jimmy D thinks these days.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
How long have you had that one up your sleeve? :)

I think it's been around a while.

We've seen XO and Marchy for a bunch of games in the NHL now. I think they top out as middle pairing guys. Sproul could be more but it's all about his development. He could also just bust.

Chex LeMeneux

May 4, 2014
Metro Detroit

The issue with that is DK is also trending in that direction. Both are two-way guys who lean more toward the defensive end of the spectrum. I don't see both of them on the top pair.

I'd still love for Ouellet to become that player though. Worst case scenario he becomes a trade chip. Best case, he's a #2 defenseman playing on the second pair. That said, unless he really surprises, I still see him as a good but not great middle pair guy. I trust your analysis though, so who knows.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
We've seen XO and Marchy for a bunch of games in the NHL now. I think they top out as middle pairing guys. Sproul could be more but it's all about his development. He could also just bust.

Where was Marchenko from last game?

Injured?

Sproul played instead of him.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
I wouldn't worry what Jimmy D thinks these days.

Perhaps you should considering Brian Lashoff has as many points as Nick Jensen and is only 1 point behind Marchenko and 2 points behind Ouellet. I wonder if Kyle Dubas would have any interest in acquiring Ryan Sproul given how rapidly Sproul developed when he was the GM at Sault Ste Marie?

Anchor Town*

Perhaps you should considering Brian Lashoff has as many points as Nick Jensen and is only 1 point behind Marchenko and 2 points behind Ouellet. I wonder if Kyle Dubas would have any interest in acquiring Ryan Sproul given how rapidly Sproul developed when he was the GM at Sault Ste Marie?

What does this have to do with what I posted?

Anchor Town*

And how did that work out for the Sharks this season? He's a good defensemen, but he's really a #3 on a contending team.

Lol this is terrible logic, even for HF.

Was it his fault that the Sharks lost?

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Vlasic was definitely not the problem with the Sharks this season.....

Ok, so he's really, really good. Why are the Sharks trading him again? If people think he's so good then they're aren't moving him, certainly nothing that the Wings have. I'm not even sure why his name was brought up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad