Prospect Info: Grand Rapids Griffins 2015/16 Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Gonna be interesting to see how they react to that hurtful loss the other night. Some guys need to step up again and tie it tonight.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Maybe the final period was a sign (shots 22-5), there's more to come.

McCollum had a bad game (like the 1st meeting), but still, also Griffins have to score. There was not many quality chances on first 2 periods, then I fell on sleep.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
I'm all for Blashill as the new coach...but it's funny to see everyone in the, I guess, pre-honeymoon phase with him.

Coming off of a couple days rest in a big game in a big series at home, and letting one player beat you with 3 goals in 8 minutes?

If Babcock just did that exact same thing, it would all be put on him and would just about be the straw that broke the camel's back and 90% of people would want him out of town (...if he was still here). Yet, we're all still here waiting with open arms for Blashill

bloodandashes

Feb 5, 2015
Been hearing rumors about Cory Emmerton going to Sweden. Since he has been apart of the Red Wings organization and played some seasons in GR, what are your thoughts about him? Ups? Downs?

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Been hearing rumors about Cory Emmerton going to Sweden. Since he has been apart of the Red Wings organization and played some seasons in GR, what are your thoughts about him? Ups? Downs?

I think he would very good two-way center on that level. Emmerton was supposed to be point-producing TOP6 player, but wasn't enough good to make a breakthrough in NhL. Imo, he also learned a lot to be a defensive 4th line player at Detroit.

I could see him as a 1st line center who does all things from PP to PK at SEL or FEL level. he is kind of hitting on his prime age and did well on KhL.

Aug 6, 2012
I'm all for Blashill as the new coach...but it's funny to see everyone in the, I guess, pre-honeymoon phase with him.

Coming off of a couple days rest in a big game in a big series at home, and letting one player beat you with 3 goals in 8 minutes?

If Babcock just did that exact same thing, it would all be put on him and would just about be the straw that broke the camel's back and 90% of people would want him out of town (...if he was still here). Yet, we're all still here waiting with open arms for Blashill

Blashill isn't in his tenth year with the team, so of course we are going to be less critical of him. Also I'll wait to see what adjustments Blash makes before I criticize him. Its going to be a very close series.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site

You are reaching very, very far with this one. Johnson tore the Wings apart in a few games and the blame was dealt almost entirely to the players on the ice and attributed to the fact that Johnson is just flat out good, just as Sven is at the AHL level, particularly since joining Utica.

And the straw that broke the camel's back is a mid-round loss? Again, you're reaching. Babcock was railed for series losses. Mid-round games lost generated nothing more than run of the mill criticism.

Lastly, this is a conference finals against a top team, so Blash has already accomplished a little something in the post-season so far. Coaching criticisms are always more severe when you can't win a series than when you've gotten a respectable distance.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI

Didn't this pretty much happen with Babcock in the game we were up 2-0 and Johnson took over? I don't recall people jumping all over Babcock about it.

I find it funny when people make up scenarios and state as a fact what people would do. It's such an easy argument to make because you can't be proven wrong in a hypothetical situation. It's just really annoying.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
So we finally get the tactful Ken Holland version of what Jimmy D said about Mantha:

General manager Ken Holland said, "When it comes to player development, my philosophy is I'm always nervous. If a player has too much success early, you worry they don't understand how hard it is and that they have to put in time at the gym. When they don't perform to the level expected, then adversity is a great motivator. Nobody wants to be embarrassed. In Anthony Mantha's case, what he did in juniors is hard to do. We're going to support him and push him and educate him and tell him what's expected, and then it's up to the player to decide that he wants to do the things that need to be done."

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/n...29/detroit-red-wings-anthony-mantha/28178883/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad