Grand Rapids Griffins 2012-13 ‎- Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Pulkkinen with his first assist. Sproul was also out on the point on the five man unit.

Pulkkinen - Ferraro - Juco
Almqvist - Sproul

Came on the PP by Ferraro for a 3-0 lead. Ferraro ties Tatar for the team lead.

Almqvist the other assist.

Hoggan has the first two.

Tatar sitting today with Paetsch, Skinner, Sheahan, and Pare.

Sproul is extremely impressive in terms of size and skating. Pulkkinen is not shy in the corners, he will have a very east transition to at least the AHL level, of course Finland players are more familiar with this size of ice.

WesNichols14

Nov 22, 2011
Port Huron Michigan
Pulkkinen with his first assist. Sproul was also out on the point on the five man unit.

Pulkkinen - Ferraro - Juco
Almqvist - Sproul

Came on the PP by Ferraro for a 3-0 lead. Ferraro ties Tatar for the team lead.

Almqvist the other assist.

Hoggan has the first two.

Tatar sitting today with Paetsch, Skinner, Sheahan, and Pare.

Sproul is extremely impressive in terms of size and skating. Pulkkinen is not shy in the corners, he will have a very east transition to at least the AHL level, of course Finland players are more familiar with this size of ice.

another thing I would add is Pulkkinen's speed doesn't hurt his game at all and he leveled Nicklas Jensen in the 1st which was nice to see. the guy makes his own offense and doesn't need others to make chances but Jurco and him work well together.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
another thing I would add is Pulkkinen's speed doesn't hurt his game at all and he leveled Nicklas Jensen in the 1st which was nice to see. the guy makes his own offense and doesn't need others to make chances but Jurco and him work well together.

He is a more willing passer than shooter here as well. But that line of Pulkkinen - Ferraro - Jurco has too much talent for a team with nothing to play for. They are absolutely dictating terms right now to the Wolves anytime they step on ice.

When Sproul decides to go it is really a sight. He takes three long strides and boom, problem is as he is finding out in the pros someone immediately slides in behind him waiting for the mistake, it is really a more all or nothing kind of play. Hasn't burned him yet and it is fun to watch, but you can see where the +/- comes from. He is always trying to make it 3 on 2 or 4 on 2, relentlessly pushing pace.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Sproul has a shot in both the wrist and slapper that you actually don't see when he really brings it. It just disappears until you hear a thud or the scramble starts because it is back in play. Somebody said over at Red Wings live that he reminds them of Al Iafrate, that really is one of the best comparisons I have heard.

WesNichols14

Nov 22, 2011
Port Huron Michigan
round 1 schedule
Western Conference Quarterfinals – Series “G” (best-of-5)
3-Grand Rapids Griffins vs. 6-Houston Aeros
Game 1 – Fri., Apr. 26 – Grand Rapids at Houston, 8:05
Game 2 – Sun., Apr. 28 – Grand Rapids at Houston, 6:05
Game 3 – Wed., May 1 – Houston at Grand Rapids, 7:00
*Game 4 – Fri., May 3 – Houston at Grand Rapids, 7:00
*Game 5 – Sat., May 4 – Houston at Grand Rapids, 7:00

http://theahl.com/first-round-playoff-schedules-announced-p183334

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Best of five, really? Didn't know that was used in the AHL. Makes it a lot easier for an upset than a best of 7...

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Best of five, really? Didn't know that was used in the AHL. Makes it a lot easier for an upset than a best of 7...

It does indeed especially with the lower seed getting the first two games. Silly if you ask me.

Only in the first round though, right?

I'm happy with Houston. Minnesota's a playoff bound team right now so there won't be any (dis)advantage.

Season series:
GR @ HOU 2-1 SO
GR vs HOU 0-1
GR vs HOU 2-5
GR vs HOU 2-0
GR @ HOU 3-2
GR @ HOU 5-1

DatsyukianDeke*

Is there anywhere to watch these games or do you have to buy that package ?

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
I would go:
Tatar-Sheahan-Mursak
Jurco-Ferraro-Pulkkinen
Hoggan-Glendening-Pare
Grant-Aubry-Callahan

Skinner-Billins
Paetsch-Almqvist
Evans-Sproul

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
You've seen it with teams like Washington and Ottawa and Toronto...it's good to have the young guys learning how to win on a pro level, albeit not the NHL. I like that the won their division and they've got a chance to go pretty far in these playoffs. While I'd like some of these guys to play on the big club...they're at least getting their due minutes in the AHL and they're doing well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad