Grand Rapids Griffins 2012-13 ‎- Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
is it possible that Tomas Jurco can play with wings this playoff ?

Aug 6, 2012
Glendening with the EN dagger. 4-2 Griffins.

Griffins take a 2-1 series lead. They have a shot at wrapping it up Friday night in Grand Rapids.

WesNichols14

Nov 22, 2011
Port Huron Michigan
Jurco with another great game
Pulk Scored and looks great out there
Almqvist scored a beauty to win the game
Glendening played awesome and got the empty netter. he was rocking people.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Jurco with another great game
Pulk Scored and looks great out there
Almqvist scored a beauty to win the game
Glendening played awesome and got the empty netter. he was rocking people.

Really was beautiful. Two players I think really deserve a lot of praise in this one is Nathan Paetsch and Landon Ferraro. Paetsch has been a great veteran find, really been good all season. Ferraro was rocking guys along with Glendening, considering both guys don't look all that big it is funny to see them lay guys out constantly and have guys bounce of them as they play hard on the boards. If the Wings have to move some prospect contracts so be it, Glendening deserves one and will make the NHL with someone in a bottom six role and if it is Detroit people are going to love this guy.

WesNichols14

Nov 22, 2011
Port Huron Michigan
Really was beautiful. Two players I think really deserve a lot of praise in this one is Nathan Paetsch and Landon Ferraro. Paetsch has been a great veteran find, really been good all season. Ferraro was rocking guys along with Glendening, considering both guys don't look all that big it is funny to see them lay guys out constantly and have guys bounce of them as they play hard on the boards. If the Wings have to move some prospect contracts so be it, Glendening deserves one and will make the NHL with someone in a bottom six role and if it is Detroit people are going to love this guy.

I could be wrong here but Glendening reminds me or a more Physical version of Miller. imp he is developing into an outstanding 4th liner who PKs.

Christien

May 1, 2010
aaaaanddddddd here's the highlights for the game. I still can't get over how much Blashill sounds like Babcock.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010

Ferraro is light but while Glendening is short hes pretty heavy, I think hes aroun 200 lbs. I've been saying it all year but I really think he would be an upgrade over Emmerton.

Emmerton turned himself into a PKer and bottom 6 type because his offense didnt translate. Glendening won defensive player of the year over Sheahan in college, hits, fights a bit and produces at a similar rate as Emmerton did in GR without getting scoring line ice time.

He really deserves a shot

RedWingsNow*

Houston Aeros 2 at Grand Rapids Griffins 4 - Status: Final
Wednesday, May 1, 2013 - Van Andel Arena

Houston 1 1 0 - 2
Grand Rapids 0 2 2 - 4

1st Period-1, Houston, Haula 1 (Rau, Dowell), 19:51. Penalties-Veilleux Hou (cross-checking), 10:47; Hoggan Gr (diving), 10:47; Callahan Gr (cross-checking), 15:48.

2nd Period-2, Grand Rapids, Hoggan 1 (Paetsch, Jurco), 5:30 (PP). 3, Grand Rapids, Pulkkinen 1 (Grant), 12:42. 4, Houston, McIntyre 1 (Fontaine), 14:02. Penalties-Veilleux Hou (roughing), 4:57; Tatar Gr (high-sticking), 14:34.

3rd Period-5, Grand Rapids, Almquist 1 (Pare, Paetsch), 16:22. 6, Grand Rapids, Glendening 1 (Mursak, Sheahan), 19:46 (EN). Penalties-Haula Hou (slashing), 5:25.

Shots on Goal-Houston 9-10-8-27. Grand Rapids 13-12-14-39.
Power Play Opportunities-Houston 0 / 2; Grand Rapids 1 / 2.
Goalies-Houston, Condon 0-1-0 (38 shots-35 saves). Grand Rapids, Mrazek 2-1-0 (27 shots-25 saves).
A-4,683
Referees-Darcy Burchell (42), T.J. Luxmore (49).
Linesmen-Bob Marcis (65), Jim Scarpace (75).

PLAYERS Pos. G A +/- SH PIM
3 Skinner, Brett D 0 0 0 0 0
A 4 Paetsch, Nathan D 0 2 +2 1 0
5 Almquist, Adam D 1 0 +1 5 0
9 Pare, Francis RW 0 1 0 1 0
C 10 Hoggan, Jeff LW 1 0 0 2 2
14 Billins, Chad D 0 0 -1 4 0
15 Callahan, Mitch RW 0 0 -1 0 2
19 Sheahan, Riley C 0 1 0 2 0
20 Fournier, Gleason D 0 0 +1 0 0
22 Aubry, Louis-Marc C 0 0 +1 2 0
23 Grant, Triston LW 0 1 +1 0 0
26 Pulkkinen, Teemu RW 1 0 +1 3 0
27 Tatar, Tomas LW 0 0 0 1 2
28 Jurco, Tomas RW 0 1 -1 1 0
29 Ferraro, Landon C 0 0 -1 5 0
33 Glendening, Luke C 1 0 +2 4 0
39 Mursak, Jan RW 0 1 +1 6 0
A 44 Evans, Brennan D 0 0 -1 2 0

nik jr

Sep 25, 2005
I could be wrong here but Glendening reminds me or a more Physical version of Miller. imp he is developing into an outstanding 4th liner who PKs.
Ferraro is light but while Glendening is short hes pretty heavy, I think hes aroun 200 lbs. I've been saying it all year but I really think he would be an upgrade over Emmerton.

Emmerton turned himself into a PKer and bottom 6 type because his offense didnt translate. Glendening won defensive player of the year over Sheahan in college, hits, fights a bit and produces at a similar rate as Emmerton did in GR without getting scoring line ice time.

He really deserves a shot.
i don't think i have ever seen glendening, but that sounds really good. how is his skating?

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
i don't think i have ever seen glendening, but that sounds really good. how is his skating?

One of his greatest strengths, allows him to forecheck with abandon but still cover back ala Helm. Not that fast in terms of Helm and Ferraro is the fastest guy in Grand Rapids, but he really covers the full 200 feet.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Hi guys, can somebody post the current lines for GR? Thanks in advance.
I think this was it last night:

Tatar-Sheahan-Pare
Jurco-Ferraro-Callahan
Hoggan-Glendening-Mursak
Grant-Aubry-Pulkkinen

Paetsch-Almqvist
Evans-Billins
Fournier-Skinner

Not sure which sides the D are on

Soft Rock Renegade

May 17, 2012
I think this was it last night:

Tatar-Sheahan-Pare
Jurco-Ferraro-Callahan
Hoggan-Glendening-Mursak
Grant-Aubry-Pulkkinen

Paetsch-Almqvist
Evans-Billins
Fournier-Skinner

Not sure which sides the D are on

thanks. think glendening is now ahead of aubry in terms of prospect depth?

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
thanks. think glendening is now ahead of aubry in terms of prospect depth?

He should be but yeah it is hard to say considering hes a GR contract. If he keeps up how he played last night he'll move up the depth chart pretty quickly.

His speed isnt absolutely amazing like Ferraro or Helm but hes a notch below that. After Ferraro hes probably the best forechecker down there. His style of game would just look so much better on the fourth line than Emmerton's. Glendening is one of the top face off guys on the team too.

Everything about him screams quality bottom 6 player unlike Emmerton (who I havent minded this year) but at the same point in their development Luke is much better

WesNichols14

Nov 22, 2011
Port Huron Michigan
Pulk plays out there a lot more than a 4th liner. or maybe its a Nyquist situation where he just really stands out every time he is on the ice so you think he is out there more

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Pulk plays out there a lot more than a 4th liner. or maybe its a Nyquist situation where he just really stands out every time he is on the ice so you think he is out there more

Because of the talent level our fourth line plays quite a bit, especially considering that isn't all that common at the AHL level. Blashill roles the lines, that is part of what makes this team so good.

Soft Rock Renegade

May 17, 2012
anyone understand the logic behind not having lashoff in GR? he's no better than #8 on the wings depth chart at the moment

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
anyone understand the logic behind not having lashoff in GR? he's no better than #8 on the wings depth chart at the moment

No understanding, he isn't going to draw into Detroit's lineup so I don't get it. Especially not without a day or so of warning. In any event Lashoff, Ouellet and Sproul are all better options than Fournier. While Sproul's D might not be ready, both Ouellet and Lashoff are more than ready to crack that lineup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad