Grand Rapids Griffins 2012-13 ‎- Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 6, 2012
McCollum... :facepalm:

He thought the penalty was called on the Marlies so he left for the bench, turns out the penalty was on the Griffins... Marlies get an empty net goal :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Not enough facepalms

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
McCollum... :facepalm:

He thought the penalty was called on the Marlies so he left for the bench, turns out the penalty was on the Griffins... Marlies get an empty net goal :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Not enough facepalms

In his defense it looks like the whole Griffins bench was pretty hot about it. They thought the play should have been blown dead for them touching the puck or that at least both guys should be going off. I don't know how he thought he could leave the net, when he was doing it. But Blashill was really angry about it as were most of the leaders on the team.

Aug 6, 2012
In his defense it looks like the whole Griffins bench was pretty hot about it. They thought the play should have been blown dead for them touching the puck or that at least both guys should be going off. I don't know how he thought he could leave the net, when he was doing it. But Blashill was really angry about it as were most of the leaders on the team.

Yeah they must've touched it when it was still in their zone, tough to tell with no replay.

5-on-3 for 1:53

EDIT: Really ugly 5-on-3

cjm502

Bingo Bango!
Jun 22, 2010
Mid Michigan
Wow, listening to Blashill talk pre-game I honestly thought it was Babs until I remembered some people saying they sound the same.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Wow, listening to Blashill talk pre-game I honestly thought it was Babs until I remembered some people saying they sound the same.

They have a similar sounding voice, but the impact of Babcock on his coach speak is huge because I remember how he talked at WMU and it wasn't quite the same as it is now.

He is a good young coach and clearly took some of the things Babcock said and plans on putting them down in GR and how he coaches the teams. That is a part of why they wanted him down there, a huge upgrade in my opinion. He will be an NHL coach someday.

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
I dont care if there is or is not a defense for Mccollum, this kid is just done in my eyes. I didn't like the pick at the time, never saw **** from him since and he's barely, if at all, progressed since being drafted. This play was a sign that he's just not focused enough. You just don't make this mistake.

Time to give the reigns to Mrazek and move on.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
I dont care if there is or is not a defense for Mccollum, this kid is just done in my eyes. I didn't like the pick at the time, never saw **** from him since and he's barely, if at all, progressed since being drafted. This play was a sign that he's just not focused enough. You just don't make this mistake.

Time to give the reigns to Mrazek and move on.
His numbers are just fantastic too. If there isn't some implosion in the last few min here, he's going to be pretty close to a 2.00 GAA. It'll be interesting to see how long Detroit keeps him in the AHL if he keeps this up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad