Speculation: Grabovski bought out

JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere
It's an Eklund rumor. If it's not pertaining to the Flyers, his rumors are not worth a grain of salt.

Well... Usually around FA his sources get suddenly very accurate. Although I'm not very familiar with how accurate his trade predictions are during this time. That is something to consider. But yes. Outside of UFA and the Trade Deadline, he's usually very unreliable...

JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere
The Grabovski apologists will say he did but the answer is he sulked and in numerous games he was stapled to the bench. That's where I stopped being a fan of his. The comments today just cemented my opinion.

He played all 48 games for the leafs. He was never once "stapled to the bench."

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Well... Usually around FA his sources get suddenly very accurate. Although I'm not very familiar with how accurate his trade predictions are during this time. That is something to consider. But yes. Outside of UFA and the Trade Deadline, he's usually very unreliable...

Lol, no he isn't. Only with Flyers and Preds.

He is been saying Ryan to Red Wings at least since last year, I think.

Unless I'm missing a joke here.

He played all 48 games for the leafs. He was never once "stapled to the bench."

He meant during games, I think. His avg toi was his lowest since his 24 game rookie season.

JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere
Lol, no he isn't. Only with Flyers and Preds.

He is been saying Ryan to Red Wings at least since last year, I think.

Unless I'm missing a joke here.

He called a big one recently.... I can't recall what it was.... He called the Rask extension last year, I do remember that.

JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere
Who's that guy?

I dunno... Eklund likes to make a library of remarks on FA Frenzy Day. He's quoted Bob McKenzie before as well, so...

EDIT: Jaekel is the Blackhawks writer on Hockeybuzz... So that shot his credibility I guess. I think he's up there with Eklund and the Oilers writer in terms of unreliable.

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
The lack of Grabovski to DET speculation and numerous Alfredsson to DET reports is really starting to worry me.

crashman

The lack of Grabovski to DET speculation and numerous Alfredsson to DET reports is really starting to worry me.

I was all about the Wings going after Alfie a year or 2 ago, but I don't really see the point now. It's unlikely he signs for anything over 1 year, and while I do think the Wings are a contender, I don't think they're a team that a veteran looking for one last shot at a cup chooses, especially over Ottawa who he's been with forever.

I do think the Wings are better than Ottawa, but not worth sacrificing your loyalty over. In the end, he's probably just using DET and BOS as leverage to get more $ or an extra year from the Sens.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
I was all about the Wings going after Alfie a year or 2 ago, but I don't really see the point now. It's unlikely he signs for anything over 1 year, and while I do think the Wings are a contender, I don't think they're a team that a veteran looking for one last shot at a cup chooses, especially over Ottawa who he's been with forever.

I do think the Wings are better than Ottawa, but not worth sacrificing your loyalty over. In the end, he's probably just using DET and BOS as leverage to get more $ or an extra year from the Sens.

Personally I think the Wings are after two forwards. Personally I prefer Alfredsson over Iginla or Jagr. If Alfredsson says he wants to be in Detroit, you make it happen on top of what else you're doing.

Hendricks433

Feb 18, 2013
Personally I think the Wings are after two forwards. Personally I prefer Alfredsson over Iginla or Jagr. If Alfredsson says he wants to be in Detroit, you make it happen on top of what else you're doing.

Grabo and Alfie would be great. Just bench some of Eaves, Tootoo and Bert depending until Bert and Sammy come off the books next year.

Just measn that Datsyuk and Z are split up which is fine if we get Z a Swede in Alfie and Datysuk a Russian in Grabo. Nyquist and Franzen fill in the other spots.

bababooeyII

May 28, 2013
I'm making a prediction. The wings get Alfie AND Iginla today, making a bigger splash then anyone thought

TKB

Jun 12, 2010
Chicago
FYI:

Mirtle on Grabovski: Never Fit in Carlyle's System

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/spor...never-fit-in-carlyles-system/article13006836/

...But for those who had followed Grabovski’s difficult 2013 campaign closely – a tumultuous half year filled with illness and controversy – the news was less than a shocker.

The relationship between a team and key offensive player has rarely hit a downward spiral this quickly.

Grabovski had become an unlikely impact centre under the Leafs previous coach Ron Wilson, scoring 47 goals in in the final 139 games under his watch and turning into a quirky fan favourite...

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
There are opinions based on facts, and there are opinions that are baseless. Yours is the latter.

You really want to go there? I can go on for hours. If you'd like to give some examples of where Im wrong, I'll be sure to respond.

Look, the people who say he was misused, etc., may or may not have a point. That's debatable. Under Wilson the Leafs HAD NO SYSTEM... It was free for all hockey. They lost consistently and were at the bottom of the league. Carlyle demands responsibility. Something that's also demanded in Detroit.

Babcock is very similar to Carlyle in the regard he demands the system be played by everyone. If you notice, he consistently screamed at Hudler and Brunner among others. Do people think he's just going to let Grabovski do what he wants like Wilson did?

The facts are on the table. When Grabovski was getting the ice time and playing above Kadri and Bozak, the Leafs were a mess. Carlyle comes in, changes some things around, the Leafs are in the playoffs. There's an old saying in every sport. You might not be happy but you really need to keep your mouth shut if your team is winning. Grabovski sulked nightly with his demotion and his comments about an organization that gave him a nutso contract shows you a bit about his character.

JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere
You really want to go there? I can go on for hours. If you'd like to give some examples of where Im wrong, I'll be sure to respond.

Look, the people who say he was misused, etc., may or may not have a point. That's debatable. Under Wilson the Leafs HAD NO SYSTEM... It was free for all hockey. They lost consistently and were at the bottom of the league. Carlyle demands responsibility. Something that's also demanded in Detroit.

Carlyle stuck him in the bottom six. If it also wasn't for Carlyle, we wouldn't be talking about Joffrey Lupul being a top six player as well. Guys like Grabovski don't suddenly start struggling. It usually takes an injury or misuse to kill a person's production. Leafs fans say he was misused. There was an article posted above that says he was misused. That's called BAD ASSET MANAGEMENT.

The facts are on the table. When Grabovski was getting the ice time and playing above Kadri and Bozak, the Leafs were a mess. Carlyle comes in, changes some things around, the Leafs are in the playoffs. There's an old saying in every sport. You might not be happy but you really need to keep your mouth shut if your team is winning. Grabovski sulked nightly with his demotion and his comments about an organization that gave him a nutso contract shows you a bit about his character.

What you think you saw, and what the stats say, are two different things. And the stats, unlike your eyes, measure what what actually happened on the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad