Confirmed with Link: Grabner to Devils for 2nd rounder and Rykov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
fact remains

he's done **** all in 7 straight games….shero bought the leafs version of grabner

but whatever, come july he'll be a footnote in the teams history along with stafford and hayes

pointless trade

Got it. 7 games is a good way to judge a trade. He's only gotten what, 4 breakaways? And the team is shooting 4% with him on the ice? Case closed.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
I haven't watched Grabner with the Devils but based on how he creates his opportunities; his production could be streaky. He's as north-south of a player as it gets as almost everything he does is created off the rush and with his speed. It's reflected in his stats but he's not a great passer or cycler and to be honest, he's pretty mediocre to average in the offensive zone. He's at his best when he's able to pick up the puck in his own zone and use his speed to blow past the D or utilize his speed and stick to cause the D into turning it over at the blue line. This video pretty accurately displays it as nearly every goal here is coming off the rush into the zone.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
fact remains

he's done **** all in 7 straight games….shero bought the leafs version of grabner

but whatever, come july he'll be a footnote in the teams history along with stafford and hayes

pointless trade

Shero probably knew he was buying the Leafs version of Grabner...

:facepalm:

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
I don't have a problem with the trade and don't really care about Rykov. This move was done to bolster our playoff push, Shero thew a bone to the fans and the team so to speak by showing he's going to be proactive instead of standing pat.

That being said I thought this would help put us over the top having another vet in the lineup that can chip in and score but it hasn't amounted to shit. That I have a problem with.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Got it. 7 games is a good way to judge a trade. He's only gotten what, 4 breakaways? And the team is shooting 4% with him on the ice? Case closed.

When does he ever actually convert breakaways though? His pre-Thanksgiving game against us in 2011 was a perfect example, he had like four breakaways and scored none, the only goal he did get was when he pickpocketed the KHL All-Star right in front of the net. He scores goals every way but breakaways, at least in other uniforms.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
When does he ever actually convert breakaways though? His pre-Thanksgiving game against us in 2011 was a perfect example, he had like four breakaways and scored none, the only goal he did get was when he pickpocketed the KHL All-Star right in front of the net. He scores goals every way but breakaways, at least in other uniforms.

I keep thinking of whatever game that was, it might have been 5 breakaways lol, just crazy. After the 3rd attempt and miss I wasn't worried haha.

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
Honestly, my biggest thing with grabner is from day one I haven't felt like he was anxious to be in NJ. Forget not having any points and whatnot. That bothers me.

Reactions: Devils Dominion

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I don't see why not tbh...he didn't have to move and he gets bumped up in a playoff race for the stretch run. Other than the whole human factor of getting to know a bunch of new people I suppose but honestly I think half the problem is he needs to go back on RW where he was actually productive and not where he 'says' he likes playing.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
It's weird. I thought the way we play would be a perfect fit for him, but he's just way out of sync with everybody and doesn't seem to have the same jump he did with the Rangers.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Haha, it was an awful penalty to take...

We'd all be singing a different tune in here, if he potted that "right in front of net" OT slot shot....just before that penalty :sarcasm:

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Michael Grabner: The Most Polarizing Devil since..................................Brian Rolston?

How did it go again... ? The cobwebs......need to be dusted

Reactions: MartyOwns

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
I haven't watched Grabner with the Devils but based on how he creates his opportunities; his production could be streaky. He's as north-south of a player as it gets as almost everything he does is created off the rush and with his speed. It's reflected in his stats but he's not a great passer or cycler and to be honest, he's pretty mediocre to average in the offensive zone. He's at his best when he's able to pick up the puck in his own zone and use his speed to blow past the D or utilize his speed and stick to cause the D into turning it over at the blue line. This video pretty accurately displays it as nearly every goal here is coming off the rush into the zone.

Just saw this.

We have not seen much of THAT Grabner at all here. There were maybe about enough plays on one hand to count where he had an almost goal, but that was accumlated over the first 2 or 3 games he was on team.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007

This is like saying Rolston never scores with a slapshot or one of those memes that circulates about certain players where people miss the forest through the trees - Grabner gets more breakaways than just about anyone and he probably converts on them at a lower than average rate, but that still means he scores a lot of breakaway goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad