Grab Jake Dotchin as a free agent?

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
i'd grab him without a doubt. he won't cost too much and he'll add a physcial presence on the backend that is missing. the best case scenario is he can come in and play great, even though that is unlikely. if it doesn't work out, he'll be waived and either claimed or unclaimed and buried in the minors.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
i'd grab him without a doubt. he won't cost too much and he'll add a physcial presence on the backend that is missing. the best case scenario is he can come in and play great, even though that is unlikely. if it doesn't work out, he'll be waived and either claimed or unclaimed and buried in the minors.

He showed up to camp with bum conditioning. What f***ing good is a defensive replacement when they're gassing out by playoff time because they're too lazy to stay in shape.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Rather sign him then have him in the Leafs division just to save on the injuries. The Leafs are the softest team in the league but also one of the most skilled. If any club can afford him its TO. No plusses being the only team in the league you never have to keep your head up against. He would be worth it just for the Bruins games, and of course the Tampa games where he can blow up Kuch and Stammer to his hearts content.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
oh boohoo he hurt the goat, I'd take him any day over a bum like carrick.

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
You don't see this type of contract termination often, which is a huge red flag. First move as a GM and he makes this move? There's more fire to this smoke I think. I don't know him well enough puck skill wise to make a judgement on him. All I know is he has a penchant for big hits which could add an element to the back-end. But is that enough? Don't think so.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
He would be cheap and if he can turn it around it costs us nothing but cash as he would not be getting enough money to affect our cap.

This is without knowledge of the issues surrounding him.

Reactions: BM14

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
f*** this guy, his 15 min of fame are over. Let him go pack groceries now.

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012

The problem isn't with his play, it's actually not unlikely that he'll play great. In fact I think he'd be a constant solid top 6 d-man that wouldn't be taken out of the lineup.

He's just a huge douche.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
This dude injured Kapanen, Dermott in the AHL, almost blew out Matthews' knee in the NHL. **** him.
He also injured Nielsen. There's no way management would risk bringing in an AHL player given the long history of bad blood with Toronto players.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
the sh*tty thing is that he's actually pretty good, but if a team is cutting ties with a cheap player that can do this the reason is probably really valid

upload_2018-9-14_22-41-2.png

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I knew he could play, but his numbers are better than expected, sort of a 16/17 Radko Gudas kind of thing....the player could be really useful, the person I have a feeling we don't want

Yeah we won't want a bar of him but that chart is pretty mouth-watering, the guy did a job with Hedman so I wonder what he could do playing 5v5 minutes with Rielly

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad