Grab Jake Dotchin as a free agent?

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Oh my god we need him! Simmons hasn’t had a good take since the dog gate scandal of ‘13

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Didn't he hurt Goat too?

Yep hurt his knee too, although if I remember correctly that was more of an accident a hit against the boards where the goats leg went under him.

Actually that may have been Kapanens hit now I think about it. It was totally accidental but when you got priors you don’t get any benefit of the doubt

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Makes sense but there has to be more to this than just a guy showing up out of shape. Like if Stamkos showed up 25% they wouldn't cut him, they would shame him and force him to get into game shape.

There has to be more to this story than just the poor conditioning. IMO the poor conditioning reasoning is just a smoke screen The poor condition "story" also allows the player to save face if the reasoning is more severe. IE Ryan Malone or Mike Richards, not saying Jake has the same issues those guys did but if the reasoning is more serious than just poor off season habits, it allows the Lightning to cut ties without humiliating the player and publicly "outing" him.

Dotchin was "suspended" by the team during the 2017 preseason as well for undisclosed reasons, just stating he "violated a team rule". Many reports have claimed it was a conditioning issue as well. Which would make this two years in a row Dotchin has reported to camp out of shape.

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
25% body fat and 30 lbs more is crazy for a NHL player.

If his weight from last season is accurate then he likely came in around 245 lbs at 6'3.

I guess I feel a bit better about my 20% body fat now haha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad