Proposal: Gostisbehere to Montreal

HabsDood

We're the best
Jun 30, 2008
Montreal
No he’s not, Pricer and Weber are the face of this franchise. If they go down so those this team. Also Max Domi replaced him as the “heart and soul” of the Habs.

He’s a valuable player but he’s not untouchable.
No matter, Gallagher is not moveable unless a team calls and offers the moon. He's a big part of the core. My opinion.

Reactions: TatTar

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
Montreal is fine for forwards. They can afford to lose Drouin.

They badly need a number one blueliner on the left side. Gost addresses this as well as doubling as a PP Quarterback (also desperately needed)

On the flipside Gost is signed for four years to a good contract. You pay a premium for this. Flyers are looking to get younger and they get two good players to build with.

Agreed on all points. Where do I sign?

Flyer faithful will come in here whining about not needing Drouin - and they're right. But Drouin is an upgrade over JVR and Lindblom.

Ghost is expendable with current D corps and Drouin makes Flyers Top 9 LETHAL...

Giroux - Coots - Konecny
Drouin - Hayes/Patrick - Voracek
JVR - Patrick/Hayes - Lindblom

That's a pretty damn good Top 9 and theres depth also with Frost/Farabee waiting to join the squad.

Deal works for both parties

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
i think we underestimate how good ghost is offensively. I personally don't think sanheim can get the same production on the pp as ghost can. Ghost is elite on the pp. He is an underrated defender who is great in the neutral zone. I wouldn't mind ehler but we have guys like frost, farabee coming. We barely have room up front as it is. I want to see how our defense does at least until the expansion draft. We didn't wait on ghost, provorov, sanheim, and myers to just get rid of it all. Lets see what we have. Our defense should help our offense out immensely. We can easily be a top 10 defensive scoring team (i think we were two years ago when we made the playoffs)

I do agree with all this. He almost def has a good year next year which for him means top 5 in D scoring. I’d be perfectly happy with Ghost and Frost on the team.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011

Flyer faithful will come in here whining about not needing Drouin - and they're right. But Drouin is an upgrade over JVR and Lindblom.

Ghost is expendable with current D corps and Drouin makes Flyers Top 9 LETHAL...

Giroux - Coots - Konecny

That's a pretty damn good Top 9 and theres depth also with Frost/Farabee waiting to join the squad.

That 3rd line carries over 15 million in cap if it's JVR/Hayes/Lindblom....

flyersfromquebec

Jul 22, 2012

Giroux - Coots - Konecny

You REALLY don't want Drouin. I prefer Lindblom anyday of the week. I would also take Danault before Drouin in a deal. Danault is a real 2way player, very underrated.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
That 3rd line carries over 15 million in cap if it's JVR/Hayes/Lindblom....

Nitpicking here, but it's most likely Patrick is the 3C with lindblom and someone like Frost or farabee. The 2nd line will be the expensive one with JVR-Hayes-Voracek (22.5 mil or so). If we acquire Drouin at the expense of Ghost, Drouin probably slots as the 3rd line play driver with Patrick and Lindblom, though I'd sooner jump off a bridge than watch that happen.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Nitpicking here, but it's most likely Patrick is the 3C with lindblom and someone like Frost or farabee. The 2nd line will be the expensive one with JVR-Hayes-Voracek (22.5 mil or so). If we acquire Drouin at the expense of Ghost, Drouin probably slots as the 3rd line play driver with Patrick and Lindblom, though I'd sooner jump off a bridge than watch that happen.
I'm a Leafs fan....i can't judge about cap.:laugh::help:

Reactions: Starat327

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Drouin/Tatar + Armia/Lehkonen for Ghost. Philly get 1 top 6 forward and 1 pretty good two-way 3rd line winger.

More than that is too much as a Habs fan.

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
Drouin/Tatar + Armia/Lehkonen for Ghost. Philly get 1 top 6 forward and 1 pretty good two-way 3rd line winger.

More than that is too much as a Habs fan.
Not that Philly would do it but could the Habs even afford to trade away 2 wingers?

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
I just can’t see a realistic scenario where Montreal trade Drouin and feel good about the trade.

The only way I could see something happening is if Duchene sign with us and Domi switch back to LW. Even then, I’d prefer to trade a Lehkonen or Byron instead.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
What we really want is to not move Ghost.

I already know that, don't worry. Just playing the game here. That being said, there are rumors about it and it's fun to gauge the value of what could go back in the trade, based on needs and all. Isn't it what this HFB's section is all about??

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
What we really want is to not move Ghost.
I wouldn't want to move him either but it seems like mgmt doesn't have the same faith that I would. For whatever reason he seems like the odd man out.

I personally wouldn't trade him. Great contract, high upside... I guess the same could be said for Drouin though. He's got tons of potential too and a good contract for a couple of years.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
I just can’t see a realistic scenario where Montreal trade Drouin and feel good about the trade.

The only way I could see something happening is if Duchene sign with us and Domi switch back to LW. Even then, I’d prefer to trade a Lehkonen or Byron instead.

I agree it depends on Duchene's signing but honestly i don't hold my breath on it. That being said, You can't possibly think you would get Ghost and offering Lehkonen or Byron, that's just silly.

Reactions: MSSLYNX

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
Seems to me lots of Habs fans who were expecting a ppg player are unhappy with the overall play of Drouin and they dont mind putting him in their trade offers.

Not to many opponents seem to be asking for Drouin.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Not that Philly would do it but could the Habs even afford to trade away 2 wingers?

Yeah i think it is what we can give. We have too many already and Poehling is ready, so there is another forward, although he is a center. Suzuki and Caufield in one year or two will play on the top 6 so there is that.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Seems to me lots of Habs fans who were expecting a ppg player are unhappy with the overall play of Drouin and they dont mind putting him in their trade offers.

Not to many opponents seem to be asking for Drouin.

I agree. But the same can be said of Ghost for last year. Forward depth is good on Habs and need lhd and D depth is good on Flyers and need talented wingers. I think it makes sens.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad