OT: Gooooooal!! The All-Purpose Association Football Thread #17 - Timmy Cahill Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006
http://ussoc.cr/1hm56vA

CHICAGO (April 22, 2014) –Tickets for the USA’s highly anticipated match against Turkey on June 1 at Red Bull Arena will be distributed to the general public through a lottery system. Applications will be accepted through ussoccer.com for a 24-hour period beginning May 1 at 10 a.m. ET and concluding May 2 at 10 a.m. ET. Applications will be limited to four tickets per household.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Any idea for the pricing range for these tickets yet or are we all going to be shocked - SHOCKED - at how expensive they are during the presale like everyone here was for the Stanley Cup Finals?

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
ANDRES CANTOR ‏@AndresCantorGOL 2m
For those Rafa Márquez fans here in the US, he just got red carded for kicking an opponent in the back. 77' of the away game of Libertadores

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
Im going to RBA tonight from college (TCNJ). Question for those who know the roads/traffic in this area...

How much time should I give myself to get there? Game is at 730 and currently it would take 1hr 6m to get there from TCNJ. I'll be traveling on Rt 1, I-95, and 280 (Rt 1 and I-95 most of the way). Apparently Rt1 is like hell at rush hour but I am not sure because I haven't traveled on it during those times.

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
Im going to RBA tonight from college (TCNJ). Question for those who know the roads/traffic in this area...

How much time should I give myself to get there? Game is at 730 and currently it would take 1hr 6m to get there from TCNJ. I'll be traveling on Rt 1, I-95, and 280 (Rt 1 and I-95 most of the way). Apparently Rt1 is like hell at rush hour but I am not sure because I haven't traveled on it during those times.

I don't drive around the arena near game time but from other experiences 1 is hell during rush hour. Turnpike will be hit or miss. Don't think there's any construction above exit 9 right now but not positive on that.

NJDevils7

Feb 13, 2007
New York
Any word on where Outlaws are sitting? I assume the SouthWard but did they extend the supporters section around the sides?

Scott04

Sep 13, 2010
New Jersey
A friend who is far more heavily involved in AO than I seemed to think there's a chance the US Supporters will be at both ends as opposed to just wrapping around one side. Possibly so they could better fit them all in (because sections directly behind the nets being bigger sections than the corners naturally). Don't have any info to confirm or deny that, so there's a possibility it is more speculation at this point.

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
A friend who is far more heavily involved in AO than I seemed to think there's a chance the US Supporters will be at both ends as opposed to just wrapping around one side. Possibly so they could better fit them all in (because sections directly behind the nets being bigger sections than the corners naturally). Don't have any info to confirm or deny that, so there's a possibility it is more speculation at this point.

Definitely possible. I should be able to get more info tomorrow/Friday. With only 2 MLS games remaining before the break, and one being Chicago who is one of the easiest teams to work with, a lot of my focus the next month will be on the 3 international friendlies before the World Cup. I haven't seen the price map yet but to my understanding every seat is approximately twice what it would be for a Red Bull regular season game.

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
USMNT_pricemap_565x448.png

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
Just bought my employee tickets. No $51 tickets left on the south end of the stadium but was able to pull up row 1 seats on the north end so there's still a lot of seating left in the cheaper sections.

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
yeah, I am surprised they are doing a VISA presale even. Also, wont that be the first real chance for Turkey fans to get at tickets? Or I guess they could've done it today.

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
I think US always does a Visa presale as that's a part of their marketing partnership. As for the Turkey fans, I don't mind them getting shut out. If this area is ever gonna host a hexagonal game again it needs to prove that it can sell the stadium out before the away support gets a chance to get tickets. I know it sucks but that's the only chance of there ever being a qualifier in a diverse area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad