OT: Gooooooal!! The All-Purpose Association Football Thread #17 - Timmy Cahill Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
cahill_cel2_280x39_1011883a.jpg

Big 3 points for Red Bulls tomorrow
3 Easy points for USMNT tomorrow
Just over a month to EPL

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006
A month to the PL season and Newcastle remains the ONLY TEAM IN THE TOP 4 DIVISIONS OF ENGLISH FOOTBALL to not transfer in a player.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
A month to the PL season and Newcastle remains the ONLY TEAM IN THE TOP 4 DIVISIONS OF ENGLISH FOOTBALL to not transfer in a player.

Manchester United havent done much either. They signed one youngster named Varela from Uruguay and thats it

Shoulda had Thiago, but he went to Bayern instead :(

JerseyGuy276

An American Outlaw
Mar 22, 2010
A Flood Zone
So, how did it go down with YSA. I didn't watch the game, but I heard all three sections belted it out the first Montreal goal kick of the second half?

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
So, how did it go down with YSA. I didn't watch the game, but I heard all three sections belted it out the first Montreal goal kick of the second half?

Only one golakick and it was pretty audible. Sounded like it came from all 3 supporter sections. GSU also got in trouble for illegal flares (2 guys ended up in jail) and for a sign saying they couldn't be bought which is ironic considering they took the money we gave them after the New England game.

JerseyGuy276

An American Outlaw
Mar 22, 2010
A Flood Zone
Only one golakick and it was pretty audible. Sounded like it came from all 3 supporter sections. GSU also got in trouble for illegal flares (2 guys ended up in jail) and for a sign saying they couldn't be bought which is ironic considering they took the money we gave them after the New England game.

They got in trouble for the "not for sale" signs they were holding up?

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ

Human stupidity can reach mind-boggling proportions. Gee, lets bring a flammable, extremely hot burning 1400 degree Fahrenheit, incendiary device into a packed and crowded small building. Hopefully they press charges against them in the fullest.

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
They got in trouble for the "not for sale" signs they were holding up?

Every sign must be pre-approved by my department. Obviously if someone brings a sign that is just Henry's face that we don't know about we aren't going to do anything about it. The rule (and it comes from the league, not us) is to prevent the large banners and tifos from being offensive. There was a league representative at the game who didn't find the sign funny and my department didn't know about it ahead of time so yea, some people are ****ed.

Human stupidity can reach mind-boggling proportions. Gee, lets bring a flammable, extremely hot burning 1400 degree Fahrenheit, incendiary device into a packed and crowded small building. Hopefully they press charges against them in the fullest.

Again, it comes down to pre-approval. If they come to us and say "hey, I have one of these and plan on setting it off after the first goal" it's not a huge issue. We know about it and we'd have the fire extinguishers ready. But this was just GSU being *******s because of a story they've known about since at least April but just hit the media the past few weeks.

But yea, all possible actions will be pressed on them.

Scott04

Sep 13, 2010
New Jersey

Every sign must be pre-approved by my department. Obviously if someone brings a sign that is just Henry's face that we don't know about we aren't going to do anything about it. The rule (and it comes from the league, not us) is to prevent the large banners and tifos from being offensive. There was a league representative at the game who didn't find the sign funny and my department didn't know about it ahead of time so yea, some people are ****ed.

Again, it comes down to pre-approval. If they come to us and say "hey, I have one of these and plan on setting it off after the first goal" it's not a huge issue. We know about it and we'd have the fire extinguishers ready. But this was just GSU being *******s because of a story they've known about since at least April but just hit the media the past few weeks.

But yea, all possible actions will be pressed on them.

The issue wasn't so much the sign. The issue was the unapproved smoke bombs, especially since they were used as a means to draw attention to the signs. The signs were the sprinkles on top really. They're going to get a little lucky by the fact there was only one goal kick/chant and that it seemed like all 3 groups participated in it. Had there been more, and possibly more isolated contributions to the cheer, **** would have hit the fan a lot harder I'm sure. Regardless, its not going to be too good for them.

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
I wasn't on the field as it happened so I guess that makes more sense. Either way it's not something that's gonna fly and is only making the leash shorter

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
You guys watching RBNY friendly or USMNT gold cup match tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad