Pre-Game Talk: Good News Tuesday!

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
He also threw a cheeseburger in protest of his seat on the team bus and ended up hitting Lemieux with it. I believe he didn't go to jail for ****, he got probation for it, which he promptly violated by shooting someone with a BB gun and then threatening to kill them if they told anyone. He led the police on two high speed chases in 2007, because go big or go home, I guess.

His mentality comes from having rich parents who bought his way out of trouble any time he did something stupid, thus making him a petulant little brat well into adulthood.

The Tyler Walker of the hockey world.

Just enough talent to get a shot at the pros, but ultimately just a severe ****-up whose parents repeatedly buy his way out of trouble.

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
What was the last straw? The **** thing? Did he ever play anywhere else after that?. I feel like he did but I can't imagine that he was good enough to be offered another chance. That's the kind of maniac that we should have watching Sid and Geno's back.

I didn't know the word r*pe was censored.

I think the last straw occured in a baby pens/big pens exhibition game.
Mario was playing, and was putting on a show "stick handling in a phone booth" and so on.

Mario was playing with the baby pens, billy tibbets was up with the big pens.
He came hurtling in and checked the crap out of Mario. I *swear* to this day that that was what injured his hip as you could tell he was seriously not right in that area right after the hit. I know the surgery/injury was described as an overuse one. But Mario was skating ok before that hit, and never again after. So maybe it just aggravated it to the point that he couldn't get it under control.

He also cross checked Mario during a training camp scrimmage right in his wonky back.

What a knuckle head. Dirty plays on a team mate, a guy who signs your paycheck.

Soon after that he ended up going back down to the AHL and soon after was out of the pens organization.

Hard to say but we probably would've gotten one more decent season of Mario without Tibbetts.

Thing is Billy was actually fairly talented. When he was in the AHL he was noticeably better then all his peers in the games I saw him. Two cent head though, and a convicted rapist...

http://old.post-gazette.com/columnists/20010328sally.asp

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Who won't be back? Can't see these tweets. Thanks!

Downie ... he's over the mumps and participated in the morning skate but won't play tonight. He said he's close, though. Also, HCMJ wouldn't confirm if BB, Ehrhoff or Adams would play tonight. They sent Dumoulin and Uher back to the Baby Pens, so odds are someone will be back in the line-up tonight.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Downie ... he's over the mumps and participated in the morning skate but won't play tonight. He said he's close, though. Also, HCMJ wouldn't confirm if BB, Ehrhoff or Adams would play tonight. They sent Dumoulin and Uher back to the Baby Pens, so odds are someone will be back in the line-up tonight.

Thank you as always. The good news is guys are coming back.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
I sure hope BB is back. If Adams are the only one back from injury I will not be able to handle steigey talking about how much he's been missed, even tho no one has missed him at all. (killed 19 of 21 penalties with Adams gone btw. )

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
BUILD MIKE JOHNSTON A STATUE or GTFO

greatest coach EVER.

I think Despres should be allowed to build it. They do butter sculptures now, he might eat everything but it would still be a nice thought.

The ignoring what was said part was interesting though. Did Disco leave a message somewhere or make Adams and the media do it?

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
I think Despres should be allowed to build it. They do butter sculptures now, he might eat everything but it would still be a nice thought.

The ignoring what was said part was interesting though. Did Disco leave a message somewhere or make Adams and the media do it?

Thought that myself. One would think he'd have access to old player evaluations, right? Maybe that's it. Who else is left after the coaching change who would have any input as far as players go? Billy G, J. Martin, Hynes, Nasreddine ...

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
dont-trust-his-play_zpsbd88ada4.jpg

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
:biglaugh: Not going to lie.. loved your post earlier about playing Despres 45 minutes and love this one equally.

it's like i tell my kids every night before bed:

it's not whether you win or lose, it's how many even strength minutes Simon Despres gets in the 3rd period of a 1-goal game

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Thought that myself. One would think he'd have access to old player evaluations, right? Maybe that's it. Who else is left after the coaching change who would have any input as far as players go? Billy G, J. Martin, Hynes, Nasreddine ...

Those would be interesting to see. You've got to figure there's an element of general talk with the people who are still there as well, people who aren't really known but who would be around.

I could see Yohe rushing in with the news that Despres was difficult while Rossi tried to make a poster or some stupid ****. :laugh:

Zero doubt that the media was part of it though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad