Pre-Game Talk: Good News Tuesday!

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
MJ conformed BB will still be with Sutter during his media scrum, listening to Ehrhoff today it sounds like he will be back tomorrow for sure.

Assuming Ehrhoff is back tomorrow there will be only 1 spot open for the young def, i have a feeling DP will be the guy who plays.

All coaches have there favorite players, i think one of MJ favorites will end up being DP.

May 10, 2010
Injured/sick players Greiss, Ehrhoff, Martin and Adams are all on the ice for team practice here at Southpointe. Bennett as well, of course.
— Pittsburgh Penguins (@penguins) December 30, 2014

Yes, of course. What was I thinking? :pillow:

Why are Pouliot and Letang together?

Getting them used to each other for a more effective power play is one possible reason, especially letting Letang start to trust the guy.

Also Letang has the speed to cover some for Pouliot mental mess ups.

We should keep in mind that not everything is about doing the best possible thing for the next game, but building towards something.

Can someone post the practice lines? This new insert tweet feature doesn't work on my office computer.

My laptop had this issue on Firefox and ******* Edge was the problem. Disabling "hide placeholds of blocked elements" let them show. I don't know why those two things don't screw up my desktop computer though.

Last edited:

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Time to call up Toby Petersen and Billy Tibbetts.

Tibbetts was once suspended in the AHL for launching his helmet into the crowd, which hit a spectator. He also played a game for the Al's Cafe men's league team while serving a suspension for, I think, punching Darcy Hordichuk in the face while he was on the bench.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I just pray to the hockey gods that Bennett can stay healthy for at least a few months here. He's such a game changer for us with his ability to jump start our secondary scoring.

The thing with him too is no matter where MJ puts him I think he'd succeed.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Yeah, I really hope it gives MJ the green light to roll with Geno-Sid now. Sid has to be going insane on a shift to shift basis.

If he doesn't roll with the two-headed monster, then MJ has really lost the plot. They need to stick with Bennett-Sutter and Sid-Geno, here's hoping.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Tibbetts was once suspended in the AHL for launching his helmet into the crowd, which hit a spectator. He also played a game for the Al's Cafe men's league team while serving a suspension for, I think, punching Darcy Hordichuk in the face while he was on the bench.

Not many people know the story of how Tibbetts smashed a cheeseburger in a veteran teammates face when the guy told him to move to the back of the plane. Some of the mess got on Lemieux and he was none to pleased.

Hophog

Aug 7, 2006
Hershey, PA

What was the last straw? The **** thing? Did he ever play anywhere else after that?. I feel like he did but I can't imagine that he was good enough to be offered another chance. That's the kind of maniac that we should have watching Sid and Geno's back.

I didn't know the word r*pe was censored.

bradshaw06

Dec 7, 2009
New Jersey
Yes, of course. What was I thinking? :pillow:

Getting them used to each other for a more effective power play is one possible reason, especially letting Letang start to trust the guy.

Also Letang has the speed to cover some for Pouliot mental mess ups.

We should keep in mind that not everything is about doing the best possible thing for the next game, but building towards something.

My laptop had this issue on Firefox and ******* Edge was the problem. Disabling "hide placeholds of blocked elements" let them show. I don't know why those two things don't screw up my desktop computer though.

What about for Letang's mental mess ups?

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Love it.
MJ has to stack to find offense right now.
Geno-Sid-Rust is cool.
Sutter with Bennett cool. Add Kunitz ripped off Sid's wing. Extra cool.

Gotta find offense right now.
PP has to be better.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
What was the last straw? The **** thing? Did he ever play anywhere else after that?. I feel like he did but I can't imagine that he was good enough to be offered another chance. That's the kind of maniac that we should have watching Sid and Geno's back.

No he did that in the mid 90s and spent 3-4 years in jail.

Lemieux had a bad hip and Tibbetts laid him into the boards in the Baby Pens vs Big Pens game in 2001 I believe, and he was sent down to the A for good I think, then shipped out that spring to Philly. He threatened Meloche after the trade allegedly as well.

He lead the police on a high speed chase a few years back as well.

He wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Love it.
MJ has to stack to find offense right now.
Geno-Sid-Rust is cool.
Sutter with Bennett cool. Add Kunitz ripped off Sid's wing. Extra cool.

Gotta find offense right now.
PP has to be better.

Would probably prefer Kunitz on the top line with Malkin at RW, but overall can't complain about the top 6 too much, IF Johnston starts the game with this.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012

The sexual assault was prior to signing with Pittsburgh.

Last straw with the Pens was what Jig said. Hit Mario with a cheeseburger on the bus.

Edit: come to think of it, he did hit 66 in a preseason game, too. So maybe that.

Last straw in the NHL could have been anything. The (alleged) death threats on Eric Meloche's answering machine after he was traded come to mind. Not even the Flyers want to deal with that.

He also wrecked his car into, I think a house, when he was fleeing the police up in, iirc, Mass.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
MJ did say not to read into the combinations out there today.

did he really say that?

Let's assume he did.

Too ****ing bad, Mike Johnston, too ****ing bad.

Put Despres on the #1 pair and give him 45 minutes a night, or get the **** out, Mike Johnston.

Hophog

Aug 7, 2006
Hershey, PA
No he did that in the mid 90s and spent 3-4 years in jail.

Lemieux had a bad hip and Tibbetts laid him into the boards in the Baby Pens vs Big Pens game in 2001 I believe, and he was sent down to the A for good I think, then shipped out that spring to Philly. He threatened Meloche after the trade allegedly as well.

He lead the police on a high speed chase a few years back as well.

He wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed.

Thanks. Some of that sounds vaguely familiar but I don't think I ever got all of the details that you and billybud mention. Sounds like he'd be better suited for the NFL where his mentality is a little more commonplace:)

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
Thanks. Some of that sounds vaguely familiar but I don't think I ever got all of the details that you and billybud mention. Sounds like he'd be better suited for the NFL where his mentality is a little more commonplace:)

He also threw a cheeseburger in protest of his seat on the team bus and ended up hitting Lemieux with it. I believe he didn't go to jail for ****, he got probation for it, which he promptly violated by shooting someone with a BB gun and then threatening to kill them if they told anyone. He led the police on two high speed chases in 2007, because go big or go home, I guess.

His mentality comes from having rich parents who bought his way out of trouble any time he did something stupid, thus making him a petulant little brat well into adulthood.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad