GongShow Free agent Game Part II

TheNudge

Aug 11, 2008
What s happening with the J.J Situation. Where s the offer or he s still mine.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
What s happening with the J.J Situation. Where s the offer or he s still mine.

GongShow decided that JJ signed an offer-sheet with the Bruins but that you have the chance to match it.

To know the offer-sheet signed by JJ, you should PM hlundqvist30.

JJ will be signed for this contract but he will stay a LA Kings (assuming that you still want to match the offer). However, you can't trade him.

cody275

Nov 14, 2008
Scott Hannan, Pascal Dupuis, and Some picks/prospects will be moved as a package to bring in some depth and prospects. If you are interested depending on the players/prospects coming back my 2010 1st will possibly be added in also.

The deal will probably happen tomorrow, if you are interested in a deal like this contact me ASAP.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
Here is what I posted in the thread of the FA Game 2. Please make sure that you're done in this game before leaving for another game.

Just a quick note from a troll... ;)

A lot of teams are NOT done in FA Game 1 at the moment. Some of the GMs of those teams are active GMs in this game.

It would be interesting to finish the first game before starting another for those GMs (I don't want to name anyone but... HH :sarcasm:). I'm not blaming the new game... just the GMs!

If we look at the roster thread, the Flyers, the Avalanche, the Coyotes, the Oilers, the Ducks, the Hawks, the Senators, the Thrashers, the Panthers, the Hurricanes and the Redwings are not done. If some of them are actually done (I'm sure there are), it could be interesting to put (at the very least) your roster in the main thread. It would also be a good idea if everyone could update their roster in the roster thread so we could see the actual results of the game.

Maybe some other teams are not done either.

Please, take the time to finish the FA Game 1.

Thanks

If some of those GMs are interested to discuss, I'm not officially done. Maybe we can work on something.

I will make the final press conference tomorrow at 1PM ET.

PM!

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
Sorry guys, I'm just waiting for word on a free agent I'm trying to sign. Then I will be finished.

Backstrom #19

Trotz for president
May 12, 2007
Savannah Georgia
:caps

Alex Ovechkin - Nicklas Backstrom - Viktor Kozlov
Brooks Laich - Mike Cammalleri - Alex Semin
Matt Stajan - Sergei Fedorov - Eric Fehr
Chris Bourque - David Steckel - Matt Bradley

Shaone Morrisonn - Mike Green
Tom Poti - Kim Johnsson
Karl Alzner - Brian Pothier
John Erskine

Semyon Varlamov
Brent Johnson

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
:caps

Alex Ovechkin - Nicklas Backstrom - Viktor Kozlov
Brooks Laich - Mike Cammalleri - Alex Semin
Matt Stajan - Sergei Fedorov - Eric Fehr
Chris Bourque - David Steckel - Matt Bradley

Shaone Morrisonn - Mike Green
Tom Poti - Kim Johnsson
Karl Alzner - Brian Pothier
John Erskine

Semyon Varlamov
Brent Johnson

thats pretty solid

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
Florida is not yet done, still waiting on word from 3 FAs and willing to talk a little trade.

Will likely wrap up shortly though, so i can focus on UFA negotiations in game 2

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
:habs

I will take the trade offers until 1PM ET.

Then, I will announce my 2009-2010 roster and make a Press Conference.

PM!

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
Press Conference

:habs Canadiens de Montréal / Montreal Canadiens

Your 2009-2010 Montreal Canadiens:

Tanguay-Horcoff-St-Louis
Higgins-Koivu-Pacioretty
Upshall-Lapierre-Latendresse
Carcillo-Chipchura-Kostopoulos
*Stewart-Perrin

Markov-Witt
Hamrlik-Schneider
Gorges-Weber
*Bouillon

Price
Garon

About the draft:

It was hard to give up our first round pick since the draft was in Montreal this year. But like every draft, we had to take the best player available. With our first round pick, we clearly got the best player available in the Martin St-Louis trade. He is the kind of player we were looking for: A French canadian star, a warrior, a leader and such a complete player. But we were not done. In a schocking move just before the beginning of Free agency, we got Simon Despres in a trade. Despres was high on our list and we were happy to be able to give the fans the first round pick they didn't get because of the St-Louis trade. We know that the fans were pleased with the St-Louis trade but getting Despres was just icing on the cake. Finally, we were able to sign Nicola Riopel. Even if he is undrafted, we are confident that he will be in the NHL in a few years. With all the potential he has, he is another first round pick to us.

About Free agency:

We were not a major player. However, we put eight offers on the table for free agents and all those guys signed with our team. We talked a lot about Martin St-Louis during the offseason but Shawn Horcoff will be another huge asset to our team. He is a player that we were trying to acquire since Fall 2008 and we're glad to finally have him on the team. We think he could be a point per game player playing on a line with Tanguay and St-Louis. All that to say that we made some major moves during the offseason but we made them before the opening of free agency. We're happy to welcome the eight new players acquired in free agency, especially Mathieu Garon and Eric Perrin who are supposed to have their spot on the 23 men roster.

About the team:

We wanted a talented team but also a hard working team. Our first line is one of the best in the Eastern Conference. On the second line, Chris Higgins will find back Saku Koivu and Max Pacioretty will complete their line. We want Pacioretty to continue his progression and hopefully become the goalscorer of this interesting line. The third and the fourth line will bring toughness and energy to the team. During the offseason, we added Scottie Upshall, Dan Carcillo and Steve Downie for that. Eric Perrin is also an interesting asset to have as an extra forward since he can step in every situation. Our only true lost is Mike Komisarek. We tried to sign him but he was seeking a huge overpayment. His agent was asking 2M$ more per season than what he got with the Flyers. Our offer was actually a little better but we were not ready to wait until free agency. We were able to get Brendan Witt and the cap space gave us the opportunity to acquire Martin St-Louis. Speaking of Brendan Witt, we are pretty sure that he will be able to replace Komisarek. Some will say that Witt isn't a second d-man but Komisarek wasn't a second d-man either. This kind of d-man will look better when playing with one of the best d-man in the league, Andrei Markov. Witt also brings some additionnal NHL experience. Hamrlik, Schneider, Gorges, Weber and Bouillon are all back with the team. Weber will have the 6th d-man spot but Bouillon will not be too far if there's something. In goals, Carey Price and Mathieu Garon will be a solid tandem. In the training camp, the battle will be in the forward group of players. Six players (Dan Carcillo, Kyle Chipchura, Gregory Stewart, Eric Perrin, Steve Downie and Alexandre Giroux) will fight for two spots in the lineup and two spots for the extra forwards, for a total of four spots available.

About the Hamilton Bulldogs:

Some of our free agent will report to the Bulldogs. Shawn Belle, Doug Janik, Alex Henry and Yannick Lehoux will all be back. You can add to them recently signed Dany Masse and Michel Ouellet. If they're unable to get a spot with the big team, Steve Downie and Alexandre Giroux could also start the season in Hamilton. Finally, Cedrick Desjardins will be back in goals. Nicola Riopel and Robert Mayer will challenge for the final spot. There will not be a clear number one at the beginning of the season, the two goalies of the team will split games.

Kessel>Seguin +

Not Even A Big Fan!!
Sep 16, 2008
Ontario
2009 - 2010 Toronto Maple Leafs

Fowards​
Blake Grabovski Hagman
Sturm Mitchell P. M. Bouchard
Hamilton Bozak Fleishman
May Ondrus Strudwich
Mayers

Defense​
Schenn Kubina
White Van Ryan
Clarke Finger
Oreskovic

Goalies
Toskala
Manny Legace​

Cap: 42,790,833

Fowards: We feel we have improved our depth with our fowards. We added some skilled and veterans guys such as Sturm and P.M. Bouchard. We still miss a high end top 3 foward to build our team around but hopefully newly added prospect Joe Colbourne will become that first line center we need for the futur, and next season in Free agency is when we plan to be very agressive to land a top line winger.

Defense: Our defense will remain almost the same minus Tomas Kaberle as we traded him but we feel our defense can still be competive during the coarse of an 82 game season as their is a lot of veteran leadership on that defensive crew with our futur Luke Schenn. We feel our defense is set for the futur with Schenn, Jared Cowan, Tyler Cuma and Ian White but we will keep Schenn and Cuma out of the NHL next season to give them all time to develop.

Draft: At the draft we landed Jared Cowan with the 7th overall pick and we feel him and Luke Schenn will be one of the best defensive shut down pairing in the league. We also picked up Jimmy Bubnick, Taylor Beck with our second round picks.

Prospects: The main purpose of the Leafs this offseason was to revamp our prospect pool and we feel we did just that with Joe Colbourne, Tyler Cuma, Jared Cowan, Ethan Werek, Francois Bouchard. Our prospects are now one of the best prospect pools in the league. We also have added some draft picks in the 2010 season to continue to revamp our team. Hopefully at the draft next season we can wheel A Prospect and A Draft pick for a top 3 foward to build our foward crew around

Prospects
Joe Colbourne
Tyler Cuma
Tyler Bozak
Jared Cowan
Jiri Tlusty
Francois Bouchard
Ethan Werek
Jimmy Bubnick
Taylor Beck
Carl Snapp
Justin Pogge, G
Dmitri Vorobiev, D
Christian Hannsson
Mikhail Stefanovich, C
Jimmy Hayes, RW
Chris DiDomenico, C
Viktor Stalberg, LW

Added picks
Leafs 1st
Min 1st
Leafs 2nd
Pitt 2nd
Leafs 3rd

888 98 twins

Got you back not your wallet
Feb 12, 2008
Burgh
The Pittsburgh Penguins are pleased to announce that they have signed Nik Antropov to a 4 year deal worth 16.8M, with a full NTC. This completes are roster that now looks like this:

Larose-Crosby-Antropov
Ponikarovsky-Malkin-Boychuk
Cooke-Staal-Kennedy
Talbot-Zigomanis-Godard

Orpik-Gonchar
Letang-Eaton
Scuderi-Goligoski

Fleury
Curry

Cap Total: $55.04M

Last edited:

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
I'll be away for most of this weekend. Just so you all know.

This game is pretty much over anyway...

I'm also leaving for the weekend. It was nice to play this game with you guys. Hope to play another one at some point before the real Free agency starts.

BillyShoe1721

Terriers
Mar 29, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
Philadelphia needs to get their cap situation resolved. We are willing to move C Glen Metropolit and D Radek Martinek for next to nothing. If you are a team with cap space, please PM me. Metropolit is a serviceable 4th liner who is good at faceoffs and has some good hands but not much finishing ability. Martinek is a cheap option for your 3rd pairing, and he is capable of playing 2nd pairing minutes if need be.

TheNudge

Aug 11, 2008
JJ is a Bruin

:bruins

I don t get it, I even contact lundvist and told him what is it and I ll match it and he never respond. Thise is so unprofessional. How can you just do that. Thise make no sense at ALL. IF IT S RUNE THISE BAD , then I don t want to be part of it.

I never been contact or on one who know s wat Boston propose send me a pm.
So how can I match an offer that I don t know. Like this is a joke.

BillyShoe1721

Terriers
Mar 29, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
Philadelphia has reached a deal with the Phoenix Coyotes

To Philadelphia-RW Alex Bourret

To Phoenix-C Glen Metropolit, 4th 09

Philadelphia cuts more salary, and get a RW prospect who has a lot of potential. With the trade of Nodl and graduation of Giroux, RW prospects were an organizational need for the Flyers. Alex will be assigned to the Glens Falls Phantoms Waiting for Phoenix to confirm.

Arian

Jun 30, 2008
Toronto
Philadelphia has reached a deal with the Phoenix Coyotes

To Philadelphia-RW Alex Bourret

To Phoenix-C Glen Metropolit, 4th 09

Philadelphia cuts more salary, and get a RW prospect who has a lot of potential. With the trade of Nodl and graduation of Giroux, RW prospects were an organizational need for the Flyers. Alex will be assigned to the Glens Falls Phantoms Waiting for Phoenix to confirm.
Confirmed. We believe Metropolit will provide good veteran leadership for our youngsters.

cody275

Nov 14, 2008
Scott Hannan is going to be traded along with a draft pick for a young NHL ready D-man with potential.

Also Pascal Dupuis and Wolski are still available

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad