GongShow Free agent Game Part II

cody275

Nov 14, 2008
Hope for you that one of them will be claimed since you can't send them both to the AHL.

They don't have to be sent down to go one waivers though, right? Neither is being sent down, just on waivers, hopefully they will get claimed for their sake. If not a deal will have to be reached.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
They don't have to be sent down to go one waivers though, right? Neither is being sent down, just on waivers, hopefully they will get claimed for their sake. If not a deal will have to be reached.

Right.

We'll see what happens. I doubt that a team will claim Dupuis but maybe you'll find a taker for Budaj.

BillyShoe1721

Terriers
Mar 29, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
But you're still over the cap.

Even if you put Martinek on waivers, you will stay over the cap by a little more than 500k. And you will have no extra forward and no extra d-man.

What will you do if there is an injury? You will not be able to call-up a player unless you place the injured player on the LITR. It's not really interesting for the short-term injuries...

I plan on giving myself enough cushion to bring up a forward/defenseman.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
:habs

The Montreal Canadiens are pleased to announce the signing of AHL superstar, Alexandre Giroux.

He signed a one year deal that will pay him 750,000$ on a two-way contract. With the season he had last year, Giroux will get a fair shot at the training camp. We wouldn't be surprised to see him start the season in Montreal as an extra forward. We really like his game and it will be up to him to show if he can make the step at the next level.

With this signing, we're done in Free agency. Unless we get an offer we can't refused, we're also likely done with the offseason.

I'll be back tomorrow morning and there will be a press conference around 1PM ET.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004

The Montreal Canadiens traded a 3rd round pick in 2010 (from the Tampa Bay Lightning) to the Philadelphia Flyers for forward Dan Carcillo.

This move was unexpected and we will make our comments about this trade tomorrow morning.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004

The Montreal Canadiens traded a 3rd round pick in 2010 (from the Tampa Bay Lightning) to the Philadelphia Flyers for forward Dan Carcillo.

This move was unexpected and we will make our comments about this trade tomorrow morning.

We can't say how happy we are to get Dan Carcillo. In the new NHL, he is the ideal role player.

We really thought that we were done after the signing of Alexandre Giroux but this deal was too good to say no.

Carcillo will have a spot on the 4th line with Kyle Chipchura and Tom Kostopoulos. For now, the two extra forwards will be Gregory Stewart and Eric Perrin. But except for Kostopoulos, none of those guys are assured of their spot in the roster. There will also be Steve Downie and Alexandre Giroux who will push hard to get a place in the lineup. Like in every training camp, there could also be a surprise or two.

If the defense is set for next season, there will be some interesting battles in the forward group of players.

We showed once again that we are ready to move if it makes sense for our team.

I'm only there for a few minutes and I'll be back tomorrow morning.

PM!

cody275

Nov 14, 2008
a little over 2 hours longer, if anyone is interested in Pascal Dupuis. He will clear waivers at 9 EST.

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
:isles

The New York Islanders have completed their offseason.

FINAL LINE UP

Tavares-Weight-Okposo
Bergenheim-Bailey-Samuelsson
Comeau-Nielsen-Modin
Park-Thompson-Jackman

Streit-Gervais
Eminger-Jones
Sutton-O'Byrne
Meyer

DiPietro
Holmqvist

The Islanders are very satisfied with their offseason. Although we couldn't drastically improve our forward group, we believe our defense has vastly improved this offseason. Our goaltending situation was taken care of adding Johan Holmqvist, and we are very excited to start the 2009-2010 season.

I know I did a bad job you try being the Islanders! :rant:

Burlington Bomb 26

Louie Louie Oh oh
Mar 16, 2008
Green Mountain State
:rangers

The New York Rangers have made their final free agent signing this season. Steve Sullivan today accepts a 2 year, $3.5 million per year contract. This contract includes a LNTC. We are extremely happy to bring in the Masterton trophy winner of last season. We believe he can be a key to our dry offense. We hope we can build to be a stronger team for the playoffs, and finally advance to at least the 3rd round. Steve Sullivan has been given the Assistant Captain position.

Backstrom #19

Trotz for president
May 12, 2007
Savannah Georgia
:isles

The New York Islanders have completed their offseason.

FINAL LINE UP

Tavares-Weight-Okposo
Bergenheim-Bailey-Samuelsson
Comeau-Nielsen-Modin
Park-Thompson-Jackman

Streit-Gervais
Eminger-Jones
Sutton-O'Byrne
Meyer

DiPietro
Holmqvist

The Islanders are very satisfied with their offseason. Although we couldn't drastically improve our forward group, we believe our defense has vastly improved this offseason. Our goaltending situation was taken care of adding Johan Holmqvist, and we are very excited to start the 2009-2010 season.

I know I did a bad job you try being the Islanders! :rant:

Taylor Hall says hi.

cody275

Nov 14, 2008
The Colorado Avalanche are pleased to announce the signing of Matt Duchene to a three-year contract. It is a two-way deal.

Salary: 900k
Bonus': 2.5 million
Total: 3.4 million

First, I read somewhere here that I could go a little over the cap because most of the contract Duchene has is bonus'. It said that you could go over the cap but only with the total of your bonus'. With this contract it would mean I could go 2.5 million over the cap. Is this true?

Also Pascal Dupuis has cleared waivers.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
The Colorado Avalanche are pleased to announce the signing of Matt Duchene to a three-year contract. It is a two-way deal.

Salary: 900k
Bonus': 2.5 million
Total: 3.4 million

First, I read somewhere here that I could go a little over the cap because most of the contract Duchene has is bonus'. It said that you could go over the cap but only with the total of your bonus'. With this contract it would mean I could go 2.5 million over the cap. Is this true?

Also Pascal Dupuis has cleared waivers.

Yes but this money would be taken on next year cap.

Which means that if you take this 2.5M$ this year, you would have 2.5M$ less to work with next season. Not THAT interesting...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad