GongShow Free agent Game Part II

Kessel>Seguin +

Not Even A Big Fan!!
Sep 16, 2008
Ontario
That probably means you are not in the lead for the player/players you are interested in.

And for those who missed out of their big defensmen in free agency, Kubina can still be had and it wont take as much as you may thing to get him. PM if interested in Kubina

Yeah L=V hasn't responded to me either.

cody275

Nov 14, 2008
I don't think that L=V has responded to anybody regarding players, has he???

888 98 twins

Got you back not your wallet
Feb 12, 2008
Burgh
The Pittsburgh Penguins and Chad Larose have agreed on a 4 years contract worth $1.8M/year. Chad has shown great progress this season and will add important grit to our top-6. He has awesome wheels, so he'll be able to keep up with Crosby on that 1st line.

Kunitz is still available.

Kessel>Seguin +

Not Even A Big Fan!!
Sep 16, 2008
Ontario
Leafs may be done, however Kubina could still be moved

The Toronto Maple Leafs now look like this going into the 2009 Season. We are still trying to shop Pavel Kubina but are waiting for an offer that is in the best interest of the team. We feel our prospect pool is now top notch adding Jared Cowan, Joe Colborn, Ethan Werek and Tyler Cuma along with a couple of draft picks and other prospects.

Pierre Marc Bouchard Grabovski Hagman
Fleishman Mitchell Blake
Hamilton Bozak Sturm
May Ondrus Strudwich

extras
Mayers

Defense

Schenn Kubina
White Van Ryan
Clarke Finger

Stralmen Oreskovic

Goalies
Toskala
Manny Legace

Cap: 43,790,833

Prospects
Joe Colbourne
Tyler Cuma
Jared Cowan
Tyler Bozak
Jiri Tlusty
Francois Bouchard
Ethan Werek
Jimmy Bubnick
Taylor Beck
Carl Snapp
Justin Pogge, G
Dmitri Vorobiev, D
Christian Hannsson
Mikhail Stefanovich, C
Jimmy Hayes, RW
Chris DiDomenico, C
Viktor Stalberg, LW
Chad Rau, C
Dale Mitchell, RW
James Reimer, G
Ben Winnett, LW
Matt Frattin, RW

2010 draft picks
Leafs 1st
Min 1st
Leafs 2nd
Pitt 2nd
Leafs 3rd

**We Will Still listen to offers on everyone**

Last edited:

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
:habs

The Montreal Canadiens are done for the night.

We still have an offer on the table for a free agent but we could very well be done in the offseason.

However, we will continue to listen to offers and we will move if it makes sense.

Tanguay-Horcoff-St-Louis
Higgins-Koivu-Pacioretty
Upshall-Lapierre-Latendresse
Stewart-Chipchura-Kostopoulos
*Downie-Perrin

Markov-Witt
Hamrlik-Schneider
Gorges-Weber
*Bouillon

Price
Garon

The players in bold are not available (untouchables, NTC, or recently signed UFA). Others could be add for the right offer and only if it makes sense for my team.

PM!

Last edited:

888 98 twins

Got you back not your wallet
Feb 12, 2008
Burgh
PIT-CAR Trade to announce

To PIT: Zach Boychuk, Casey Borer

To CAR: Chris Kunitz, Marek Svatos

We feel that this trade gives us a great addition in Boychuk and a guy who will battle for the 6th D-man spot this season.

Boychuk, Caputi, and Tangradi will battle it out for the last top-6 winger role on out of camp. This trade also gives us tons of cap space to sign a RW for Crosby. This trade makes us competitive for years to come.

Jamie Benn

NHL Draft Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2008
At The Rink
To PIT: Zach Boychuk, Casey Borer

To CAR: Chris Kunitz, Marek Svatos

We feel that this trade gives us a great addition in Boychuk and a guy who will battle for the 6th D-man spot this season.

Boychuk, Caputi, and Tangradi will battle it out for the last top-6 winger role on out of camp. This trade also gives us tons of cap space to sign a RW for Crosby. This trade makes us competitive for years to come.

Confirmed.

Will Update Roster Thread Later

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
:habs

We still have an offer on the table for a free agent but we could very well be done in the offseason.

However, we will continue to listen to offers and we will move if it makes sense.

2009-2010 lineup so far:

Tanguay-Horcoff-St-Louis
Higgins-Koivu-Pacioretty
Upshall-Lapierre-Latendresse
Stewart-Chipchura-Kostopoulos
*Downie-Perrin

Markov-Witt
Hamrlik-Schneider
Gorges-Weber
*Bouillon

Price
Garon

The players in bold are not available (untouchables, NTC, or recently signed UFA). Others could be add for the right offer and only if it makes sense for my team.

PM!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'll be around until 4PM ET. However, I will not be there at all tonight.

We will make our final press conference tomorrow around 1PM ET. So if you want to discuss trades, it would be better to begin the discussions today.

PM!

BillyShoe1721

Terriers
Mar 29, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
Solid deal for the Flyers, especially considering the cap space.

Now, you're only 2,047,083$ over the cap with Backlund in. However, assuming that Briere will be your 2nd line C, you have an empty spot as the 3rd line LW.

I've taken Powe and put him as the 3rd line LW (he played there for a lot of the playoffs). And Carcillo is playing on the 4th line instead of the press box. So that gap is filled without any added salary.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
I've taken Powe and put him as the 3rd line LW (he played there for a lot of the playoffs). And Carcillo is playing on the 4th line instead of the press box. So that gap is filled without any added salary.

But you're still over the cap.

Even if you put Martinek on waivers, you will stay over the cap by a little more than 500k. And you will have no extra forward and no extra d-man.

What will you do if there is an injury? You will not be able to call-up a player unless you place the injured player on the LITR. It's not really interesting for the short-term injuries...

cody275

Nov 14, 2008
The Colorado Avalanche have placed Goaltender Peter Budaj on waivers, with his request.

cody275

Nov 14, 2008
Who will be your backup?

I have something in place but I need to clear salary. It will be a showdown between 2 goalies for who plays more. Pretty much will be decided at training camp and exhibition games though.

This is why in the past 24 hours both Dupuis and Budaj have been placed on waivers (Budaj asked to go on waivers though)

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
I have something in place but I need to clear salary. It will be a showdown between 2 goalies for who plays more. Pretty much will be decided at training camp and exhibition games though.

This is why in the past 24 hours both Dupuis and Budaj have been placed on waivers (Budaj asked to go on waivers though)

Hope for you that one of them will be claimed since you can't send them both to the AHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad