GongShow Free agent Game Part II

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
Hello everybody. I don't know if any of you remember me from the FA games last year, I notice some usernames. Wondering if there are any dead teams I could take over or is it too late? Also when is the next one starting?

The fact that you didn't even notice that there was already a thread for the FA Game 2 could hurt your chances to get a team... :sarcasm:

Just kidding... I remember you!

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
UPDATE:

Rumours Florida will make an announcement at 10PM EDT....potentially a UFA deal has been reached. More to come shortly.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Regarding Radulov, he is not eligible for a new contract. The NHL will require him to play the final year of his ELC.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
UPDATE:

Rumours Florida will make an announcement at 10PM EDT....potentially a UFA deal has been reached. More to come shortly.

Poor Gongshow... he's now alone having trouble signings free agents...

What's next? The Leafs will win the running to an UFA over the Rag$? :sarcasm:

hlundqvist30*

Adrian Aucoin could be signing somewhere tonight if he does not receive any more offers.

Also, anyone looking for a good 2nd or 3rd line center then take a look at Steven Reinprecht, John Madden, Todd Marchant, or Nik Antropov.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
It's based on all bonuses, but I only have ELC bonuses. For example, St. Louis signed Tkachuk to a contract with bonuses so his go towards the cap cushion as well.

How about Carey Price contract? Cap cushion or not?

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
How about Carey Price contract? Cap cushion or not?

His bonuses equal $1.35 million.

$2.2 Cap Hit - $850,000 Salary = Cap Cushion

You still add his full cap hit to the total cap charge. You just get to go over the cap by $1.35 million.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004

You still add his full cap hit to the total cap charge. You just get to go over the cap by $1.35 million.

WOW! How can I spend all that money now? :sarcasm:

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
Ottawa is looking to deal Chris Kelly, Jason Smith, and Alex Auld. Looking for low-round picks (5th's, 6th's, 7th's) for them. PM if interested.

Ottawa is also still taking offers for Dany Heatley.

Kessel>Seguin +

Not Even A Big Fan!!
Sep 16, 2008
Ontario
The Toronto Maple Leafs have resigned Grinders Kris Newbury and Ben Ondrus too 2 way contracts worth 700,000 each.

In Other news the Leafs have signed Jason Strudwich to a 2 year deal worth 800,000 per season. Strudwich will hopefully add toughness to the team and make us a harder team to play against and serve to protect some of our younger players so no one takes liberties with them. The Leafs like the face he can play foward and go back to defense if needed

Kessel>Seguin +

Not Even A Big Fan!!
Sep 16, 2008
Ontario
Manny being Manny

http://www.tosports.ca/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/nhl_g_legace_200.jpg

The Toronto Maple Leafs would like to annouce we have signed veteran goaltender Manny Legace to a 1 year deal worth 1.4 million per season. Manny is coming in as a back up to Vesa Toskala but if Toskala faulters we are confident in his ability to be a number one goaltender. We expect for him to come in and play 20-25 games this season to take away from the work load of Toskala. We also hope he can help out with the mentoring process of Justin Pogge

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006

If a team does go into their cap cushion though, it comes off their 10-11 cap space (probably common knowledge, just reminding)

FLORIDA GETS BERGERON

The Panthers announced a deal with UFA Defensemen Marc-Andre Bergeron, signing a 2year deal worth $5M total.

"Losing JBo was hard, but we feel Bergeron can help pick up the slack. He and McCabe will ensure us a strong PP next season and a formidable top 4"

The Panthers are quote "not done yet", as they have had good talks with a few other targets, and are pleased with how the team is shaping up

cody275

Nov 14, 2008
Has anybody talked to Lundqvist=Vezina? And is there an updated list of players who have signed?

No he hasn't replied to me. I thought maybe others were negotiating with him and I was being ignored though:(

Jarmac

Aug 24, 2006
The Predators have signed Adrian Aucoin to a 2 year deal worth 3.2m per.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad