OT: Golf Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Buy the Kirkland brand gloves from Costco. They are made from the Cabretta Leather like the other top of the line gloves and you can get a 4pack for $25. I've got probably 15 rounds in on my first one and it still looks brand new
But, do they come in black? :naughty:

Apparently, they do not. :rant:

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
Buy the Kirkland brand gloves from Costco. They are made from the Cabretta Leather like the other top of the line gloves and you can get a 4pack for $25. I've got probably 15 rounds in on my first one and it still looks brand new
Do the make them for lefties?
That's awesome! What kind of work did you put in? What'd you do to increase swing speed?
So I have always been a fast swinger - I am naturally athletic and lifted quite a bit during my 20ies (34 now). At my peak I was very powerful

I have the body motion to swing fast, but never worked on sequencing. So I really started working on coming more from the inside and creating more lag and slowing my hands down -really trying to develop more of a draw.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Do the make them for lefties?

So I have always been a fast swinger - I am naturally athletic and lifted quite a bit during my 20ies (34 now). At my peak I was very powerful

I have the body motion to swing fast, but never worked on sequencing. So I really started working on coming more from the inside and creating more lag and slowing my hands down -really trying to develop more of a draw.
I think they do, but I am not 100% sure

That makes sense. My back swing is so short, I don't think there's anything I can do to increase my swing speed

Reactions: VladDrag

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
Never felt comfortable wearing one. I will put one on if the hands get too sweaty

Plus...too much shit going on...tanking it off, putting it on
Putting it on is part of my pre shot routine. I don’t wear it at all times. Putting it in signifies it’s time to focus. At least that’s what I try to do.

I don’t like chipping with it, and do not putt with it.

Last edited:

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
I would say so, depending on the course.

My crew won our work tournament a couple of years ago with a -14, which was my highest team score ever.

The next year we played pretty terribly, but remarkably eagled 3 par 5s to shoot -10 and still won. That was a bit embarrassing; we had no business winning that day.

Covid has cancelled the last two tournaments. :(

its at 3 of us home course so we will be low.

Tournies are a lot diff now. Arrive 20 mins early and tee times off front and back with no meal after. But still booze and food holes so will be a blast

Reactions: CanadianFlyer88

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Just got back from the range. Been working on technique a lot lately. Check out the new personal bests.

View attachment 447105

The first image is highest swing speed and ball speed (180mph). I don’t know how accurate it is, it was on the 4i setting because I forgot to change it.
View attachment 447104
This one is best carry -306 yards.

I don’t even give a f*** - I know I am bragging but I put in a lot of work to get there.

Quite the swing speed !!! If shit myself.

But don’t get the name Bunty from being long.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Oosthuizen early in his round, but my guys are struggling on day 1. Given that I have benefitted from hot starts, maybe this means they'll make a late charge and win something this time... provided any make the cut. :laugh:

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Why's DJ not getting any air time?

I guess the announcers had a sharp cutoff time? No announcers on peacock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad