OT: Golf Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hall of Faber

Nov 16, 2012
Thorndale, PA
What ever happened to Hunter Mahan? Literally fell off a cliff and disappeared in a snap.

That’s him in The Golf Boys, right?

Golf is weird, guys like Dufner and Bradley just have one big fizzle and never really are to be seen again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
Apparently, the PGA went to Bryson and asked him if he would be OK playing with Brooks, and Bryson said no :laugh::laugh::laugh:

The fat bitch.
I have serious doubts the PGA asked the defending champ of the US Open to play with a guy he's openly feuding with. If it wasn't the US Open, and if Bryson wasn't the defending champ, then it's more plausible. Brad Faxon has also reported shit information before.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I have serious doubts the PGA asked the defending champ of the US Open to play with a guy he's openly feuding with. If it wasn't the US Open, and if Bryson wasn't the defending champ, then it's more plausible. Brad Faxon has also reported shit information before.

Just repeating what I heard. In order to mock Bryson. Who is a fat bitch.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Brooks has won 2 out of the last 4. It would be a way to get more eyeballs on the sport but the story is likely BS anyway.

The PGA should have just made them play together.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
Brooks has won 2 out of the last 4. It would be a way to get more eyeballs on the sport but the story is likely BS anyway.

The PGA should have just made them play together.
Don't get me wrong, I want to see it. I just don't think it's a real story, and I think it unnecessarily adds fuel to the Bryson-hate fire. Bryson is a douche, you don't have to make shit up about him just to get a few likes.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004

100% they would of. They usually pair the last 3 winners together in 1st 2 rounds

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
I actually had a better day than I expected we used over a handful of my shots before putting and I sunk a few of our putts as they had me lead off the scramble.

Got first scramble next Thursday. Childhood friend from Flon is coming to play who is one of the best players up north, also on my team is buddy who is prob top 3 in all of Manitoba, is -18 do able ???

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Got first scramble next Thursday. Childhood friend from Flon is coming to play who is one of the best players up north, also on my team is buddy who is prob top 3 in all of Manitoba, is -18 do able ???
I'd say yes also... Winner of our tourney was -7. We were -1 but really should have been -5 with two of us (me being one) that are very casual players.

Reactions: bennysflyers16

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
Just got back from the range. Been working on technique a lot lately. Check out the new personal bests.

D3B6C32E-0908-4F02-B261-8849436E1345.jpeg

The first image is highest swing speed and ball speed (180mph). I don’t know how accurate it is, it was on the 4i setting because I forgot to change it.
9BB65CA1-F1FE-479B-80FF-356EFDB5975F.jpeg

This one is best carry -306 yards.

I don’t even give a f*** - I know I am bragging but I put in a lot of work to get there.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Just got back from the range. Been working on technique a lot lately. Check out the new personal bests.

View attachment 447105

The first image is highest swing speed and ball speed (180mph). I don’t know how accurate it is, it was on the 4i setting because I forgot to change it.
View attachment 447104

I don’t even give a f*** - I know I am bragging but I put in a lot of work to get there.
You need a new glove. :laugh:

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
I would say so, depending on the course.

My crew won our work tournament a couple of years ago with a -14, which was my highest team score ever.

The next year we played pretty terribly, but remarkably eagled 3 par 5s to shoot -10 and still won. That was a bit embarrassing; we had no business winning that day.

Covid has cancelled the last two tournaments. :(

Reactions: VladDrag

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
You hit more balls on the range than on the course. Any holes in the palm or thumb and my gloves go straight to the trash. :laugh:

Does Canada have Golf Galaxy's? You can go there an buy a premium glove and get a 3- or 6-month warranty on it (I forget exactly which one it is). If any holes form, you bring the glove back and get a new one. I think the warranty is like 3 dollars or something like that.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Does Canada have Golf Galaxy's? You can go there an buy a premium glove and get a 3- or 6-month warranty on it (I forget exactly which one it is). If any holes form, you bring the glove back and get a new one. I think the warranty is like 3 dollars or something like that.
I'm not aware of any Golf Galaxys, but we have cross Canada chain called Golf Town.

I have never looked into glove warranties, but I usually have to special order gloves, anyway, because I can never find black gloves (my preference) in stores, for some reason. Gloves don't wear out on me that quickly, but I also don't keep them until they're falling off my hand. :laugh:

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014

View attachment 447105

View attachment 447104

That's awesome! What kind of work did you put in? What'd you do to increase swing speed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad