OT: Golf 2.0

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
do not get any closer to bears; especially a mother with her cubs

mom will attack

I kept far away but I do have to go around to keep the golfers informed of the bears location and to watch the cart girl and make sure they are safe.
I saw one dummy ( 20 year old girl) get within 25’ I gave her shit.
She did a selfie with bear in background yikes .
The bears moved all day around holes 3,10,11 &12

Reactions: Jets 31

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I kept far away but I do have to go around to keep the golfers informed of the bears location and to watch the cart girl and make sure they are safe.

The expression “natural thinning of the heard” comes to mind.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Well, first day of club champ and I choked as bad as I ever have lol, 33-46 for 79 and not in contention. I was in 2nd after 9 and just fell apart with a mix of bad luck bad decisions and bad swings.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Well, first day of club champ and I choked as bad as I ever have lol, 33-46 for 79 and not in contention. I was in 2nd after 9 and just fell apart with a mix of bad luck bad decisions and bad swings.

Amazing how much difference legit pressure can have on good players. A 46 doesn’t seem like it’s in your wheelhouse of possibilities but bloody club championships are so different. That 33 looks impressive but who the hell was better than 33 after 9?

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Played yesterday at Emerson, hit 2 pins, one from around 140, the other 120ish. Ball held the green both times, missed both birdie puts, triple putted one lol.

But those approach shots were nice!

wpgallday1960

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2010
Sunny St. James
Your experience on the back 9 sums my entire round(s) the last few years.
I have a suggestion: at the wind up banquet, have several drinks, grab the podium microphone, and challenge the champ to a Mano e Mano round there and then. Your status at your club will become legendary.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
That sucks, i'm no where near your caliber of golfer but i did the same thing in our Club Championship, 39 front and 49 back. :loony: Putting everything out is scary too. :laugh:

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Amazing how much difference legit pressure can have on good players. A 46 doesn’t seem like it’s in your wheelhouse of possibilities but bloody club championships are so different. That 33 looks impressive but who the hell was better than 33 after 9?
Yeah it has been a long time since I posted a 46 lol, everything that could go wrong went wrong. Someone posted a 31 on the front 9 and didn't even finish top 3 so I am not the only one who choked haha.

Your experience on the back 9 sums my entire round(s) the last few years.
I have a suggestion: at the wind up banquet, have several drinks, grab the podium microphone, and challenge the champ to a Mano e Mano round there and then. Your status at your club will become legendary.
I thought about this lol

That sucks, i'm no where near your caliber of golfer but i did the same thing in our Club Championship, 39 front and 49 back. :loony: Putting everything out is scary too. :laugh:
It's definitely different, even 2 footers that are easy you have to think about lol.

Shot 77 yesterday, a much calmer 38-39, it was tough out there. I think I finished 6th, if I had have shot 39 on the back 9 Saturday I would have finished 2nd lol.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
well i'm going to brave the 35 degree heat with a late afternoon tee-time at Southwood. i've been struggling to score lately. currently blaming myocarditis (self-diagnosis) :laugh:

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Responses have obviously been a little limited for August so no action has been taken. I do appreciate and note those that took the time to respond.

As it seems September may work better, we'll try this again. There's all of one day in September I can make it so that's the one I'm organizing. If it doesn't work for ya, someone else will have to try with a different date. Hopefully it doesn't snow before we get this done.

New date: Saturday, September 11, Bridges Golf course, Time TBD. Responses Required no later than Wednesday, September 01. Best Ball Format ok? (for those that want to score you can still play your ball/normal round, just participate in the group)

@ps241
@Mud Turtle
@Eyeseeing
@John Agar
@Jets 31
@kanadalainen
@Gil Fisher
@SUX2BU
@JetsWillFly4Ever

I don't remember who else showed initial interest; due apologies for not @ you.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba

Did she get a Squirrel in frame along with the Bear... ?

:sarcasm:

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Responses have obviously been a little limited for August so no action has been taken. I do appreciate and note those that took the time to respond.

As it seems September may work better, we'll try this again. There's all of one day in September I can make it so that's the one I'm organizing. If it doesn't work for ya, someone else will have to try with a different date. Hopefully it doesn't snow before we get this done.

New date: Saturday, September 11, Bridges Golf course, Time TBD. Responses Required no later than Wednesday, September 01. Best Ball Format ok? (for those that want to score you can still play your ball/normal round, just participate in the group)

@ps241
@Mud Turtle
@Eyeseeing
@John Agar
@Jets 31
@kanadalainen
@Gil Fisher
@SUX2BU
@JetsWillFly4Ever

Uh... Banjo Bowl... better be early... I'm in if it is... Banjo Bowl starts at 3 pm...

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada

@ps241
@Mud Turtle
@Eyeseeing
@John Agar
@Jets 31
@kanadalainen
@Gil Fisher
@SUX2BU
@JetsWillFly4Ever

sorry, I didn’t sign up originally

have a good time out there

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Sorry was looking forward to this but will be travelling with my sons baseball team that weekend, to Regina of all effing places! :eek:

Have fun! Hope the weather is great.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad