Pre-Game Talk: Golden Knights @ Habs - Max's return

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Patch struggling since the start of the season, but you just know he's going to score against us :m-mad:

Cacaniemi

Nov 8, 2018
Gionta was a great captain, like a classy non-troll version of Gallagher. Very vanilla, but a great battler. Obviously his scoring dried up towards the end but don’t let that fool you.
Guess i like high goal scoring perimeter player over the shot to the crest type of player.. even personality wise i think max is better. Lesser of two evils for me :nod:

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Compared to me you're a Johnny-come-lately or should I say Craig-come-lately.
giphy.gif

Reactions: larrypacman8167

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Thank-you Max for all the good you did in the community and especially for the equipment you donated to a hospital.

Good luck to you in Vegas -- just not against us unless the forum has overwhelmingly voted to tank. :D

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Max Pacioretty should be hugging Allan Walsh on a daily basis, he got his big contract and now he can enjoy the patio experience all season long, that boy aint no fool.

Good point, he was always patio ready -- now he's playing in a location that is just as ready year-round.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Patches deserves to get a nice ovation.

Patches will be affected. If he gets a nice shot or two he will build off of it and have a good game, good chance he will score. But if he starts off bad I think he will have a bad game.

Reactions: Runner77

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Patch is done and by choice mind you, Torts was not wrong about Pacioretty.

I never liked Patches as a hockey player. Actually, I disliked his style of play very very much. As an individual I didn't know him so we'll put that aside. But I never agreed with Torts treatment of Patches. I thought it was bush league. The man took time out of his vacation to go play for his country with no pay. You didn't like his effort well my question to you Torties baby is where were you at training camp. Did Patches fool you by being a more engaged player at training camp? Patches never pretended to be anything more. So I blame Torts for not doing his job. Humiliating Patches on the bench in front of the hockey world told me more about Torts as a coach than Patches as a player.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Patch is done and by choice mind you, Torts was not wrong about Pacioretty.

It's a little early to call that in my humble opinion. He tends to score in bunches so that remains to be seen. Let's give him the season.

Doesn't take away from the fact that we did extremely well in the trade.

Sorry, double post, tired, can't think or post straight :wally:

Might as well use this for an alternate, nerdier version of Stone Clod:

We all love you, Bloucycling and all. :laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Patches deserves to get a nice ovation.

Patches will be affected. If he gets a nice shot or two he will build off of it and have a good game, good chance he will score. But if he starts off bad I think he will have a bad game.

What do we call a bad game by an ex-player? An I-told-you-so?

I laughed at how one of our posters recently referred to a shoddy performance by a current Hab:

Drouin is a regular guy, left at least 4 steaming coils on the ice tonite

Amongst my favorite for Post of the Year.

Steaming coils. :laugh:

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I never liked Patches as a hockey player. Actually, I disliked his style of play very very much. As an individual I didn't know him so we'll put that aside. But I never agreed with Torts treatment of Patches. I thought it was bush league. The man took time out of his vacation to go play for his country with no pay. You didn't like his effort well my question to you Torties baby is where were you at training camp. Did Patches fool you by being a more engaged player at training camp? Patches never pretended to be anything more. So I blame Torts for not doing his job. Humiliating Patches on the bench in front of the hockey world told me more about Torts as a coach than Patches as a player.
I think Torts was expecting more from patch and he was dissappointed when he didn't get it. Patch scored goals off the rush with us mostly thanks to Markov and Subban in a system designed to help him, he is not going to carry any one to a victory, he is what he is I guess.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
It's a little early to call that in my humble opinion. He tends to score in bunches so that remains to be seen. Let's give him the season.

Doesn't take away from the fact that we did extremely well in the trade.

We all love you, Bloucycling and all. :laugh:
I could care less about him and I never felt any type of attachment to this player, Subban was my guy. I loved Pacioretty's shot/release but not much else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad