Pre-Game Talk: Golden Knights @ Habs - Max's return

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I could care less about him and I never felt any type of attachment to this player, Subban was my guy.

I totally understand that as not every player earns our fandom. I liked him more as an individual rather than a hockey player -- and liked what he did for the community. And I admire his courage for taking on Chara and how he bounced back on what was one of the most brutal and savage hits (if you want to call it a hit) that I've ever seen. I literally thought he was going to become a paraplegic after Chara got to him.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I totally understand that as not every player earns our fandom. I liked him more as an individual rather than a hockey player -- and liked what he did for the community. And I admire his courage for taking on Chara and how he bounced back on what was one of the most brutal and savage hits (if you want to call it a hit) that I've ever seen. I literally thought he was going to become a paraplegic after Chara got to him.
I will forever associate Paccioretty with the Subban trade, dont ask me why but I just hate that we kept the wrong guy. God bless him he got his big contract, always said he was a bargain at 4.5 but you don't want him at 6-7 and his disappearing act. He had more to give but chose not to.

Jul 6, 2016
I will forever associate Paccioretty with the Subban trade, dont ask me why but I just hate that we kept the wrong guy. God bless him he got his big contract, always said he was a bargain at 4.5 but you don't want him at 6-7 and his disappearing act. He had more to give but chose not to.

Yu should not. Patches had no problems with Subban... Plekky and Gally (and Therrien) had more.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Did he have more to give? I mean, he did post several 30 plus goal seasons without the benefit of a no. 1C. I'm believing for now that last year was an anomaly, pending what he does by the end of this season.

As for the Subban debacle, what have we really got? What hand did Pacioretty play in that? Not his fault that the players voted for Pacioretty to be named captain. Now, he probably wasn't the best leader but who really knows what transpired in that dressing room?

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Did he have more to give? I mean, he did post several 30 plus goal seasons without the benefit of a no. 1C. I'm believing for now that last year was an anomaly, pending what he does by the end of this season.

As for the Subban debacle, what have we really got? What hand did Pacioretty play in that? Not his fault that the players voted for Pacioretty to be named captain. Now, he probably wasn't the best leader but who really knows what transpired in that dressing room?
There was nothing wrong with Max.

The problem was the way we ran the team. Max Paccioretty is not good enough to lead a team and we expected him to do so. We played him with Desharnais, played 'da system' and then expected us to be able to score... it was ridiculous. We get upset with players for not being what we want them to be rather than for what they actually are. Paccioretty could've been a key piece of a winning core but he was never going to lead a team to a cup. And we did him no favours by giving him an inferior center.

Good luck to him in Vegas, I wish nothing but the best for him in his career.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
I hope that gutless pansy gets boo'd each and every shift and floats around the rink like he always did. f*** that guy.

Reactions: sbhatt

GHJimmy

We made it here.
Mar 30, 2018
Should be a good match up, will show VGK how they played last year :)

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares

I don't know what happened in the dressing room but it always seemed to be portrayed that way with Subban being the problem in the room but we all know he was made a scapegoat for a bad year and that Bergevin got rid of a contract that he never wanted to sign in the first place. He didn't get the nickname casper for no reason, he could score goals but he never really led the team so to speak.

Reactions: Forum93

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
There was nothing wrong with Max.

The problem was the way we ran the team. Max Paccioretty is not good enough to lead a team and we expected him to do so. We played him with Desharnais, played 'da system' and then expected us to be able to score... it was ridiculous. We get upset with players for not being what we want them to be rather than for what they actually are. Paccioretty could've been a key piece of a winning core but he was never going to lead a team to a cup. And we did him no favours by giving him an inferior center.

Good luck to him in Vegas, I wish nothing but the best for him in his career.
Reminder - the players picked / voted him to be captain. I am no fan of current mgt but they get a undue flack for the PLAYERS picking Max to be their leader/captain.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc

Well said, thereby Max earned the title "Wolverine". IMHO!!!...:vhappy::vhappy::vhappy:Playing for the Michigan Wolverines aside.

GibsonLesPaul

Apr 23, 2012
Since this a Patches thread, can someone tell me what is wrong with Max? Why only 2 goals and we are now in November. Vegas has more depth than all the old Canadien teams he played with. Is he finished?

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Since this a Patches thread, can someone tell me what is wrong with Max? Why only 2 goals and we are now in November. Vegas has more depth than all the old Canadien teams he played with. Is he finished?

I expect the line of Eakin / Tuch & Max to give the Habs all they can handle tonight. Hockey is a team game, Max is a team first player, despite what many here have to say.:arr::arr::arr:

sbhatt

Nov 10, 2015

He's a lazy floater who can't create a scoring chance for himself...this should come as no surprise to anyone who watched him last season. I firmly believe that last season was not an anomaly...that's who the guy is now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad