Post-Game Talk: Golden Knights @ Caps, 8PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapsDC

May 2, 2018
You're forgetting one notable guy here. I think 92 is top-3 in the league as a technical skater. His edge work is incredible.

I actually see some of Kuzy's game in Vrana. There was one play last night where Vrana carried the puck into the zone and kept control so fluidly while holding off his man, which Kuz is a master at. Very excited about Vrana's future

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Fleury came into the Final with a 1.68 goals-against average and a .947 save percentage.

He's at 4.08 GAA and .845 SV% in this series.
NOT SURPRISING AT ALL , CAPITALS AS A TEAM PROBABLY KNOW FLEURY'S FLAWS BETTER THAN ANY OTHER TEAM , AND HAVE TONS OF BREAKDOWN VIDEO OF HIS FLAWS. AND CAPS ARE JUST A SOILD TEAM TOP TO BOTTOM

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
I forgot to post this last night.

b09X1.gif

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Wow - am I the only person on here who subscribes to Shannon / The Hockey Guy and is angry that he is suggesting all the penalty calls are going against Vegas and it's playing a significant role in the Caps being up in this series? I'm holding back big time but I want to let fly at him. The Caps have just played so well in the playoffs this year - Columbus, Pens, Tampa, and now Vegas, that it seems like any kind of knock against them is just people acting like little b*tches and being all sour grapes. I'm probably biased of course but holy hell, what does it take to earn some respect and get people saying "wow your team is amazing, they earned this, they are the hardest working team out there" ??

Honestly bud....don’t let it bother you. I don’t care what people say. It’s all sour grapes. Hell, I’ve been there myself with the Pens. I was sour too.

It doesn’t matter at all.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
A few things:

1)Last year after our loss me and my best friend (also a Caps fan--and Redskins, Wizards) and I had a big conversation at the bar how we were done with Trotz, done with the Caps, and really how they had stolen our joy and love of hockey after years of heartbreak and disappointment. After the emotions subsided we got angry at the Mojo trade, angry we brought back Trotz, and got back to business, but I felt we were close to not watching hockey again for a few years. So this run, is rewarding, and like I said I've only been a fan for about 18 years, so that is nothing compared to many of you, but this has been the most rewarding sports experience of my life, easily. I love OV so much, he is my favorite athlete of all-time. I'm going to the bar Thursday with my friends who don't follow hockey as closely and I told them to prepare to be seen with a 30 year old man crying in public if that Russian SOB raises the cup.

2)If we do win the cup, then I'm sticking it to everyone. I can appreciate humility in losses from other fanbases, but everyone basically since 08 has rooted against us and OV every playoff run for the most part ranging from other fan bases to the damn NBC crew. Almost every single playoff series you have the NBC crew propping up our opponents and OV is just a foot note basically. Whether it was the Pens and slobbering over Malkin or Crosby or Letang, to the Rangers and the King or even scrubs like Kreider, Del Zotto, Callahan, to even the damn Islanders and Tavares, every single time we would beat those teams it would be radio silence. I've never understood why either, a loser franchise with a huge label of choking, maybe the biggest chokers in all of sports even if we do win the cup, and people rooted against us. No such thing as lovable losers in hockey.

3)To all the flaccid players we've had in the past and had to suffer through, we now have the opposite. I really liked Mike Green and Sasha a lot of the time, their skills were dazzling. What I remember most about Mike Green is taking two awful penalties in game 7 against the Rangers and letting them tie it up. It was pretty comical, guy comes out of the box and gave Dan Girardi (believe it was him) a Rock Bottom and went back in. Nothing needs to be said about Semin, he was lazy.

4)To number 3s point, I've absolutely detested Brooks Orpik, Barry Trotz, at times OVs effort, and Backstrom's disappearing acts over the years. But we would definitely not be here without Barry Trotz pushing every single right button, just a MASTERFUL coaching job, Brooks Orpik being an absolute physical stud playing really well all playoffs. DSP has 6 goals in the playoffs, and had 7 in the regular season. Burk who sucked all playoffs long stepped it up in a huge game 7. Lars "No hands" Eller has made himself into a household name. Even Chiasson who is our 13th forward played great in this run and had a HUGE goal in Pittsburgh. Not to mention Nathan Walker and Travis Boyd making an impact in possibly the biggest hurdle game in the run. This is unbelievable. We've all waited to see this happen and it is finally culminating. I think we're one fan base who hasn't taken one play for granted and won't until that final buzzer sounds. These next few days are going to be long, but hopefully will be worth the wait.

Believe it or not, I live on the east coast of Canada ( Nova Scotia) and there are lots of Caps fans here. They are not band wagon jumpers either. They have been with the Caps since the 80s. I’m an Oiler fan but I like the Caps

MtlBoxFan

Jun 19, 2014
Believe it or not, I live on the east coast of Canada ( Nova Scotia) and there are lots of Caps fans here. They are not band wagon jumpers either. They have been with the Caps since the 80s. I’m an Oiler fan but I like the Caps
I'm a habs fan to the core and I can attest that many people in montreal are happy for the Caps. You guys play the right way, have a strong fan base and by golly, you've earned this. Vegas was handed this team with four 2nd lines and it hardly seems fair for a Johnny come lately fanbase to have such a team.
Best of luck and for those travelling to Vegas for the game, enjoy the post game party.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
No they weren't.

I give credit to LV for what they have done, but they were handed the easiest start to a franchise by the nhl because of their desire to not have another failing expansion team. And it’s not even close. The nhl forced teams to give up a solid player and put some teams in a tough spot. There is no denying they wanted a strong LV so the fans would hang with them and it would be a success for the NHL.

Bieronymus Trotz

Sep 4, 2017
I give credit to LV for what they have done, but they were handed the easiest start to a franchise by the nhl because of their desire to not have another failing expansion team. And it’s not even close. The nhl forced teams to give up a solid player and put some teams in a tough spot. There is no denying they wanted a strong LV so the fans would hang with them and it would be a success for the NHL.
Sure. They don't have four second lines though. They have an excellent first line obtained through Florida's mismanagement (which wasn't forced by the draft rules) and the astronomical breakout of a player whom everyone considered a scrub (offensively at least). Then they have one second line and a bottom-six that includes Tuch and no one else who could be mistaken for a second-liner.

MtlBoxFan

Jun 19, 2014
Sure. They don't have four second lines though. They have an excellent first line obtained through Florida's mismanagement (which wasn't forced by the draft rules) and the astronomical breakout of a player whom everyone considered a scrub (offensively at least). Then they have one second line and a bottom-six that includes Tuch and no one else who could be mistaken for a second-liner.
Context please. I watched Montreal all season. I should have written 4 first lines.

Big Drama Show

Oct 5, 2016
You're forgetting one notable guy here. I think 92 is top-3 in the league as a technical skater. His edge work is incredible.
Kuzy is tremendous skater, so smooth and yes, terrific edges. Very similar in style to Federov (wonder if he was Kuzy's favorite player growing up?). It seems to me that he has more top end speed than Vrana and can really wind it up through the neutral zone. I just see more explosiveness in short areas and lateral separation when analyzing Vrana.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Kuzy is tremendous skater, so smooth and yes, terrific edges. Very similar in style to Federov (wonder if he was Kuzy's favorite player growing up?). It seems to me that he has more top end speed than Vrana and can really wind it up through the neutral zone. I just see more explosiveness in short areas and lateral separation when analyzing Vrana.
I actually made the Kuz/Feds comparison on here his first or second year and took some criticism for it.

It's a marvel what Kuznetsov can do while in his glide -- seemingly picking up speed without taking any strides.

I'll have to watch the two a bit more closely in the future, but I wouldn't dismiss your assertion that Vrana's quicker in short areas. That dude is primed for a 30-40-70 kind of breakout season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad