Post-Game Talk: Golden Knights @ Caps, 8PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

philip

dismember
Jun 27, 2014
I love soccer. It's a beautiful game when played at the highest level. But, yes, the diving and flopping is irritating.
It's a beautiful game when played at the lowest level too. I don't agree with diving when nobody has even touched you, that's cheating. But if you have genuinely been fouled, there's no harm in making sure the ref has seen it and giving him a decision to make. If someone has pulled your shirt, or in hockey say tripped your leg, whether is was enough to go down or not, he shouldn't have done it, it's a foul, make sure the ref is aware. That's my stance.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
I love soccer. It's a beautiful game when played at the highest level. But, yes, the diving and flopping is irritating.

I just can't get into it. I had a friend over from London, England years ago. Very friendly gentleman. He was a big supporter of Chelsae and even wore the tattoo's to prove it. Basically he told me that when Chelsae plays their hated rivals, the fans participate in brawls throughout the city and he is one of those " Soccer Hooligans" . It's too bad the soccer players were not as tough as their fans.
I painted my garage recently and I had more fun watching the paint dry

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
I just can't get into it. I had a friend over from London, England years ago. Very friendly gentleman. He was a big supporter of Chelsae and even wore the tattoo's to prove it. Basically he told me that when Chelsae plays their hated rivals, the fans participate in brawls throughout the city and he is one of those " Soccer Hooligans" . It's too bad the soccer players were not as tough as their fans.
@CapitalsCupFantasy
:naughty:

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
You should watch football (the premier eague for example) in the 90's, early 00's . You can find highlights on YouTube lol

MtlBoxFan

Jun 19, 2014
Ovi is definitely a fan of Vegas. I think he was spotted at a pool party in Vegas a few years ago with Tiesto after the NHL awards.

Win-win-win situation for the guys in red if we win the Cup. They get to party in Vegas immediately or they get to be treated like gods in the streets of DC.
If Ovie wins the cup, they are going to fish him naked out of the Bellagio fountain.

CHKN

May 29, 2018
I haven't decided if I'll watch it live (Friday morning) or save it for Friday night when I can have beers.
Mmm, beers - okay I think I just decided.
Problem is someone will spoil the result for me if I wait

Reactions: Heath

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
Problem is someone will spoil the result for me if I wait

I don't have to worry about that - I am the ONLY person I know in Australia who watches hockey, so as long as I steer clear of this board and a couple of other websites all day, and make sure I don't switch on the TV news (because IF the Caps win it will make the news here in Australia, as a 30 second sports item). I can sit down at around 5.30 PM and watch the game in blissful ignorance with a six pack of beer.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
So IF WE WIN...IF... Does Nathan Walker get on the cup? He had an assist in a playoff game? Would he have to get ice time during the finals to qualify? How about Madison Bowey, he played 51 games this year...isn't the criteria half the regular season games???

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
So IF WE WIN...IF... Does Nathan Walker get on the cup? He had an assist in a playoff game? Would he have to get ice time during the finals to qualify? How about Madison Bowey, he played 51 games this year...isn't the criteria half the regular season games???

per wiki

per those rules (point 1 and 2), Jerabek, Boyd, Walker and Gersich don't qualify

but that 3rd point, if I understand correctly, means that those 4 + Copley and Pinho should be on the Cup if Caps win, because they are listed as scratches on nhl.com

Name inscriptions

Currently, to qualify for automatic engraving, a player:
  1. Must have played, or have dressed as the backup goaltender, for at least half of the championship team's regular season games. OR:
  2. Must have played, or have dressed as the backup goaltender, for at least one game of the Stanley Cup Finals for the championship team, AND:
  3. Must be on the roster when the team wins the Stanley Cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad