Post-Game Talk: Golden Knights @ Caps, 8PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
You're right, he started with a 37 player roster and got to shrink it down.
I go back far enough to remember what the sharks, senators, ducks and lightning we like in year 1. They were nothing like Vegas.

I think it's a complete joke myself. I'm an Oiler fan and have been waiting many years for a good goalie and they get Fleury. It's not that the teams did not want these players (Neal, Marrescheault, Theodore, etc), they could not protect them under the new system. Another expansion coming to gut your team more

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Hey man that's not cool. Women's sports deserve support too.

Sorry man, I hate soccer. If you look at the fake dives and injuries in soccer, what would they do in hockey where they actually really hurt ya. I have played every sport and by far the most violent, roughest, fastest, most intense is hockey. It is the hardest professional trophy to win. To win the Stanley Cup, you need 16 wins in the playoffs. Some series go 7 games. Boston had 3 outta 4 series go 7 games in 2011. Can you imagine the hate that would build up

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Believe it or not, I live on the east coast of Canada ( Nova Scotia) and there are lots of Caps fans here. They are not band wagon jumpers either. They have been with the Caps since the 80s. I’m an Oiler fan but I like the Caps

Wish I would have met those Caps fans (let alone Oiler fans) when I lived in South Korea. All I met were Crosby/Pens fans from Nova Scotia. I had one of them wanting to fight me because I dared suggest that Ovechkin was going to win the Calder Trophy. Lol.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Sorry man, I hate soccer. If you look at the fake dives and injuries in soccer, what would they do in hockey where they actually really hurt ya. I have played every sport and by far the most violent, roughest, fastest, most intense is hockey. It is the hardest professional trophy to win. To win the Stanley Cup, you need 16 wins in the playoffs. Some series go 7 games. Boston had 3 outta 4 series go 7 games in 2011. Can you imagine the hate that would build up

Maybe the humor in my post was a little too subtle. Haha

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
What humor! This is no time for jokes dammit.

I think it was Willy that caught Neal in the mouth. ~5 left in the 2nd, Neal in front gets basically spun around and thrown rudely to the ice, as his stick went flying. A desperate attempt to sell it perhaps or just brute force. Orpik was standing over him seemingly taunting him afterwards WRT the high stick.

I feel like the Vagans got about 5 high quality chances in the first 5 minutes. Maybe closer to 10 in 10. We will have to clean up starts.

Oshie destroyed Cody on the Carlson goal.

maxresdefault.jpg

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
So in the 3rd period, Nicky is going down the ice back toward the Caps zone with Colin Miller and ties Miller's stick up as the puck goes by and it goes for icing against the Vegans. As soon as Nicky ties his stick up, Miller's head snaps back like he's been hit by a Jake LaMotta uppercut. It was ****ing comical. Nicky was just disgusted with him. He jawed at Miller the whole way down the ice as they went back for the face-off after the icing, and then did a pantomime of a fake head snap. Where is Don Cherry on that to ***** about honor in the game. There's Miller, a good Ontario boy, being lectured by a Swedish guy about not dishonoring the game with all that fake head snap crap. And then a couple of minutes later, Miller tries to mess up Oshie - and gets shellacked by Oshie's counter hit (just like what Neal did to Orpik in G3), and Gallant says his nose is broken, even though he went back out on the ice later. Maybe if Miller was more focused on just playing the game instead of trying to fool the refs into making a call, he might have more success.

And then there's this BS notion on the NHL Network last night that the Caps shouldn't have had their 1st PP unit out there w/2 minutes left after the Vegans take a couple of dirty penalties. That is absurd. First, we didn't have the first PP out there. Oshie was on the bench, which is why Connolly scored. But more importantly, you want to send Vegas a message late in the game that if you take a penalty, you will pay every ****ing time. They play an aggressive, high-pressure, attack the guy with the puck game, and their players often go right up to - or cross - the boundary of what's legal in terms of stick work, late-ish hits, etc. Fine. They've had plenty of success with it. One way to make them a bit less aggressive and a bit less pressurized on the puck is to make it clear that if they cross the line and get caught - they will pay every time. So of course you have the guys who are most likely to score out there. It's baffling to me why even normally intelligent guys on the NHL Network would question that.
I feel Swedish players are usually very respectful and play with integrity. Don't recall too many diving and whining Swedes.
On the play that Miller injured his nose. Oshie reverse hit him in the chest with his shoulder. I think it caused his head to snap forward causing his nose to hit Oshies helmet. I think the hit was clean.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I'm not sure if Ovie is or is not a "Vegas" sort of guy but I sure would like the question to be answered on, say, Thursday June 7 2018.

Ovi is definitely a fan of Vegas. I think he was spotted at a pool party in Vegas a few years ago with Tiesto after the NHL awards.

Win-win-win situation for the guys in red if we win the Cup. They get to party in Vegas immediately or they get to be treated like gods in the streets of DC.

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
Curious as to who Caps fans would give the conn smythe too. Kuznetzov for his great playoffs or Ovechkin for obvious reasons. I lean towards Ovechkin because i really wanna see the haters/crosby fanboys tears.

Reactions: ovikovy817

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Curious as to who Caps fans would give the conn smythe too. Kuznetzov for his great playoffs or Ovechkin for obvious reasons. I lean towards Ovechkin because i really wanna see the haters/crosby fanboys tears.

We want the Cup. Who gets the CS we don't care.
Ovi is Ovi, Kuzya has already his long term contract, and the fear of a CS that would bring more$$ is not there.

It's funny to see how on the main boards, the battle of non Caps fans (but fans or haters of our players Ovi/Kuzya/Backy/...) trying to descridit other Caps players by saying this one should get it or the other one, this one sucks and is paid too much.

we caps fan don't care about this. We have the hardest step to climb on. The last win. It's the only thing we care about right now.

Because if we don't win G5, we (the fans) will be in panic mode again.

Reactions: Portable Mink

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
Whos going to take the hot lap for G5? Holts? Orpik?

We should save the ”whole team hot lap” for the horrible possibility of having to go back there once more.

Edit. As i mentioned earlier, from Tampa game 6 ive slept with my Ovie Young Guns hockey card. Only exception as i thought maybe it wasnt needed was game 1 at vegas. Returned it next to me after that one and im pretty sure it has something to do with our run, right? Im thinking i might have a game 5 without the card, to test the theory. If we win, my wife gets to say i was a moron and i can be mentally healthier human and still happy. If we lose, i can always bring it back for g6..

Last edited:

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC

Ovechkin. Remember all the bash Ov has gotten for his lack of commitment to defense and details. Now all the accolades for being so all in on the those things and leading the way. I said preplayoffs that 92 and 19 had to perform and they have, but 8 has pulled the wagon.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Wish I would have met those Caps fans (let alone Oiler fans) when I lived in South Korea. All I met were Crosby/Pens fans from Nova Scotia. I had one of them wanting to fight me because I dared suggest that Ovechkin was going to win the Calder Trophy. Lol.
Military brats?

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
Whos going to take the hot lap for G5? Holts? Orpik?

We should save the ”whole team hot lap” for the horrible possibility of having to go back there once more.

Edit. As i mentioned earlier, from Tampa game 6 ive slept with my Ovie Young Guns hockey card. Only exception as i thought maybe it wasnt needed was game 1 at vegas. Returned it next to me after that one and im pretty sure it has something to do with our run, right? Im thinking i might have a game 5 without the card, to test the theory. If we win, my wife gets to say i was a moron and i can be mentally healthier human and still happy. If we lose, i can always bring it back for g6..

Yep do it - I want to see this theory tested. Especially if it means your wife calling you a moron (because it also means Caps win the Cup in game 5!)

Reactions: Roshi

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
Yep do it - I want to see this theory tested. Especially if it means your wife calling you a moron (because it also means Caps win the Cup in game 5!)

My wife calls me moron all the time, but surely this one would be different!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad