Golden Boy Shortlist 2020

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I've mostly seen Camavinga play in the Europa League (Rennes was playing Cluj, the team from my home country) and he was dreadful, got sent off in one of the games too.
He also put Rennes on his back a lot of times in the Ligue 1 season and helped will them to CL football. On top of that he got called up to the best National Senior Team in the world and scored as a 17 y/o.

CHO has been inconsistent all year.

Last edited:

OskarOskarius

Jan 7, 2019
No, that clearly wasn’t the logic there, and it’s absolutely Davies this year, he was the best young player in the world this season, thats why.
Davies is a name only people who don't watch football get excited about. Like North Americans on a hockey board. :D

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
So people that still not appreciate Håland, you will be proven wrong. Håland is just a phenomenal player, and along with Mbappe, he will probably be the big poster boy of football, much like Messi and Ronaldo have been. There are of course factors that can disrupt this trajectory, injuries for instance. But I give Håland one more season in Dortmund just to ensure everybody he is just as good as stats suggests, and then he will move to one of the absolute elite clubs, and from there a legendary career will commence.
I don't think anyone here will deny that Haaland is a great player. He is clearly going to become one of the best strikers in the world.

Mbappe has produced an insane level and doesn't even play striker full time. He is also a more dynamic attacker; to me Mbappe has the potential to be a CR7/Messi, where as Haaland will end up being a Lewa. Meaning he will be one of the best strikers in the world but he won't carry an attack in the same way that Mbappe does.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I don't think anyone here will deny that Haaland is a great player. He is clearly going to become one of the best strikers in the world.

Mbappe has produced an insane level and doesn't even play striker full time. He is also a more dynamic attacker; to me Mbappe has the potential to be a CR7/Messi, where as Haaland will end up being a Lewa. Meaning he will be one of the best strikers in the world but he won't carry an attack in the same way that Mbappe does.

Nope. Never.Next. :P

To expand no one reaching Messi's level for a few generations at the very minimum.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Nope. Never.Next. :P

To expand no one reaching Messi's level for a few generations at the very minimum.
Messi is the GOAT, Mbappe won't take that from him. Mbappe will be considered one of the best in his generation though.

I thought about contextualizing this more in the original post but I was lazy ;)

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Messi is the GOAT, Mbappe won't take that from him. Mbappe will be considered one of the best in his generation though.

I thought about contextualizing this more in the original post but I was lazy ;)

There's no room for complacency here. Leave that in Briston.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Recent form, mostly

Sancho has a goal and two assists already this season in only 233 minutes. Thats an elite rate, which is in line with what he did in previous seasons.

Fati might've started the season really well, but he needs to prove himself over the course of a full season to be on Sancho's level. What Sancho did last season was elite. What he did the season prior was also better than anything Fati has proven.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think some people tend to underrate Sancho. Haaland is great and might end up deserving of the award at the end of the year, but Sancho at his position has already put forth an elite/world class caliber of full season that Haaland hasn't yet at the top level. It's not fair to Haaland to hold that against him because he hasn't yet had that chance and he probably will, but let's not discount what Sancho has done. I know Haaland's 6'4 and a freak athlete who scores these incredible strikes, but Sancho gets the job done in a less flashy way. I don't know yet who deserves this award, but I think Haaland's flashiness and personality tends to detract from what Sancho accomplishes.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Davies is a name only people who don't watch football get excited about. Like North Americans on a hockey board. :D
If his name were Davinho and he were Brazilian there would be a very different tune. Davies pocketed Sancho last season and was one of the highest rated players on the best team in the world.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Scoring a goal per game as a teenager is a historic feat. I get that people are excited for Davies but there are other players out their doing more.

Winning a treble as a star player for the best team in the world as a teenager is also an historic feat. So the knock is that he’s not a striker? People have him in the discussion as the best LB in the world already...

OskarOskarius

Jan 7, 2019

I can agree that Håland needs to develope his game. I want to see more assists and more importantly a better aerial game. He could easily add 15 more points per season. :D

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Winning a treble as a star player for the best team in the world as a teenager is also an historic feat. So the knock is that he’s not a striker? People have him in the discussion as the best LB in the world already...
A trebal is a team award the golden thingy is individual.

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
Scoring a goal per game as a teenager is a historic feat. I get that people are excited for Davies but there are other players out their doing more.
Yeah i don’t see any other young player being key part of treble winning squad, so how are they doing more? There is more to football than stats.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
If his name were Davinho and he were Brazilian there would be a very different tune. Davies pocketed Sancho last season and was one of the highest rated players on the best team in the world.

Sancho was playing injured in that game, to be fair.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Yeah i don’t see any other young player being key part of treble winning squad, so how are they doing more? There is more to football than stats.
Put Davies on Dortmund they win nothing.... Put Halaand on Munich they still win a treble. There's more to the game than team trophies too. Halaand's impact far out weighs Davies' on Munich. How is this a debate tbh.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Put Davies on Dortmund they win nothing.... Put Halaand on Munich they still win a treble. There's more to the game than team trophies too. Halaand's impact far out weighs Davies' on Munich. How is this a debate tbh.
Put Haaland on Bayern and he probably isn’t playing much tbh. It’s a team game isn’t that kind of the whole goal? I don’t think you could say one way or another if Bayern win without Davies and whether or not Dortmund would win with him but I don’t see how that changes either players contribution.

Dortmund with Haaland still didn’t win anything nor do any better than when they didn’t have him previously. Bayern did win everything with Davies.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Put Haaland on Bayern and he probably isn’t playing much tbh. It’s a team game isn’t that kind of the whole goal? I don’t think you could say one way or another if Bayern win without Davies and whether or not Dortmund would win with him but I don’t see how that changes either players contribution.

Dortmund with Haaland still didn’t win anything nor do any better than when they didn’t have him previously. Bayern did win everything with Davies.

No he still plays... and lol at the bolded. Yes, Davies is the difference between Munich and Dortmund.

I don't see how that relates. It actually reinforces my point a bit. Bayern wins no matter what, he's irrelevant to their trophy cabinet right now. So, why keep bringing up the fact that he won a treble?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad