GDT: Gold Medal Game - February 25 - Russia vs Germany

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015
I really don't wanna see Russia win this, but I just can't see them losing. This Russian roster is way better than what Canada and Sweden had.

Hoping for a intense and interesting game however, really hope Germany comes out swinging and bury a few chances early.

Reactions: BerlinBlueShirt

NJ07102

Apr 15, 2012
Germany
Unfortunately, the cinderella story will find it's ending on Sunday. But it almost doesn't matter.

Pieck

Dec 13, 2017
BC
Yeah, Germany needed a shoot-out to defeat Norway a few days ago, and Norway lost 6 -1 to Russia, so I think we can expect this to be as bad as it normally gets when Germany tries to take on Russia:naughty:
But Germany beat Sweden who beat Finland who beat Norway who beat Slovenia who beat USA who beat Slovakia who beat Russia so Germany beats Russia by 7 degrees of victory and that can't be argued IMO

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Gotta stick with what's been working, so...

Hey, friends of hockey and maple vodka, would you guys mind letting us have this one? It would be pretty cool to experience an Olympic hockey gold medal game once in a lifetime, and you guys have had a few and will get more of those (under your actual flag, no less). That would be really cool of you, Canada Russia. I'll even have my favourite Canadian maple walnut tea with rock sugar preserved in Canadian Whisky a bottle of bisongrass Grasovka vodka in your honor. Please and thank you, buddies comrades.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf

Hey, friends of hockey and maple vodka, would you guys mind letting us have this one? It would be pretty cool to experience an Olympic hockey gold medal game once in a lifetime, and you guys have had a few and will get more of those (under your actual flag, no less). That would be really cool of you, Canada Russia. I'll even have my favourite Canadian maple walnut tea with rock sugar preserved in Canadian Whisky a bottle of bisongrass Grasovka vodka in your honor. Please and thank you, buddies comrades.
Haha, that's what I thought, when I posted my message.

Juppy61

May 14, 2013
Canada
Go Germany. On paper OAR are much more skilled but man I loved the fight of this German team against us yesterday. Not even disappointed that we lost to Germany surprisingly.....

Reactions: Frannel

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
A 5.10 AM start for me. :help: Fortunately at 1 AM Caps host Buffalo, it will end around 3.30 AM. And I have to fight for another 1 hour and 30 minutes.
Sleepless night:help:

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
A 5.10 AM start for me. :help: Fortunately at 1 AM Caps host Buffalo, it will end around 3.30 AM. And I have to fight for another 1 hour and 30 minutes.
Yep. Ducks play at 2 am., so that is a pretty good fit, at least. Will probably take a long afternoon nap to get myself in shape for a long hockey night.

Reactions: ovikovy817

Daeni10

Kunitz was there
Dec 31, 2013
Cologne

Okay playing Russia is more fun :)

Reactions: Vipers31

BMann

May 18, 2006
Watford
Germany have shown with their wins over Sweden and Canada they are no pushovers. They have shown resilience to beat Sweden after having being tied and resisted the late Canadian onslaught in the third. They are extremely well coached by Marco Sturm, the players will be full of confidence, energy and they have nothing to lose having surpassed expectations in a very pleasant way. On paper Russia have too much offensive firepower but games are not won on paper.

The Russian team will have to match the commitment, energy of the Germans before they can impose anything. They are still suspect defensively. Zub and especially Kiselevich are disasters waiting to happen.

So I hope of course for Russia to win but it needs plenty of hard work tomorrow to make the result. I hope Znarok gets that across to his team. From minute one to the last, win the puck low on the boards, show presence in the crease and make every pass count. Work as a whole and above all keep disciplined.

BMann

May 18, 2006
Watford
This is why the NHL should stay out of the Olympics. You see that guy from Germany crying because they beat Canada? I would rather see Amateurs than professionals in the Olympics.

I don't know if that is being facetitious but amateurism has been long dead in Olympic hockey even before the NHL was readmitted. Right from the late fifties most of the players have played for clubs in a professional capacity and even more so since the eighties. The DEL is not a bunch of beer leaguers playing the game for laughs.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Absolutely nothing to lose for Germany here . Ehrhoff has been announced as german flag-bearer for the closing ceremonies and they have a medal secured nobody would've ever expected . Just no pressure on them . Just play the game that got you to the final and see what that gets you. The Russians are heavy heavy favorites . Pressure is on them just try to take advantage of that.

Last edited:

mjlee

Feb 25, 2006

You won't be the only one. I bet every Russian Cap is going to be glued to the tv and if Russia wins, there will be more than a few toasts of vodka. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad