GDT: Gold Medal Game: Canada Vs Russia | 1:00PM EST 7PM CET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
I've said it doesn't matter where Roni was.. not an official at this tourney. He could've been sitting in the front row for all I know or on a beach with a margarita.

I was told the article said he talked to an official. I didn't see that either.

What I see is a guy with a blog giving his opinion.

Your arguments have been based on the officials saying it was the right call.. Jukka said apparantly. I've been begging for that quote. Such an easy way to shut me up!

You both are using quotes that don't exist.

Now you’re just making things up. I never used a quote from Pakaslahti. So you can end that right now.

It doesn’t matter one iota if there is a quote from him or not. If so, great. It just reinforces what we all know. If not, there’s no bearing here at all, because we have all the proof anyone who can think for himself would ever need.

You said Rönne’s quote doesn’t matter because he wasn’t there. Now, once again, you’re changing things and saying he could have been there, but it still doesn’t matter.

You’ve gone from Fasel to another IIHF member to on-ice officials to off-ice officials to who knows where else anymore.

You’re discrediting rock solid proof and you look foolish because of it. Posters here have bent over backwards for your silly demands that you somehow can’t find yourself, and you just throw it back at them. You pretend to just be interested in proof, and say you’ll admit you’re wrong, but move the goalposts when you’re presented with the proof, and refuse to acknowledge it.

You’re not arguing in good faith at all and it’s already gotten extremely old.

Quazatron

Jan 5, 2020
I want to congratulate Canadians, it was a glorious game. Classic. You have shown the will to win and have won. We in Russia are very disappointed. This is our most talented team in recent years. Very sad, but sport is sport. Congratulations! See you next year :)
PS. In the moment we all disagree with the camera. There was a real 6 by 3 chance not only to equalize. But that does not beg the work of the Canadian guys.
It is very hard to write. But admitting defeat is a step forward. Happy Holidays!

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
Citation... where did you read this from Jukka Pakaslahti? You literally have the Trump card right here.

There was no direct quote from Pakaslahti, but a quote from Rönn where he said he had confirmed this with Pakaslahti. You are free to think Rönn in untrustworthy and putting words into the mouth of Pakaslahti, so you should probably roll back and enjoy your victory. No one managed to convince you you can't think what you want to think :)

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I was quoting what Jyri Rönn said. I just hadn't added the full quote YET.
So we're done... you have no quotes from any tournament officials? Nothing from Jukka (because it doesn't exist). I've linked that list a few times now. I actually think you showed it to me first. FTR.. I didn't see a quote from Ronn saying he talked to Jukka. Did you? Can I see that?

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
There was no direct quote from Pakaslahti, but a quote from Rönn where he said he had confirmed this with Pakaslahti. You are free to think Rönn in untrustworthy and putting words into the mouth of Pakaslahti, so you should probably roll back and enjoy your victory. No one managed to convince you you can't think what you want to think :)
I used Google translate.. my Finnish is awful. I didn't see a quote in that article saying Roni talked to him.

I'm sure Roni is an awesome guy. Most Finns are!

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
I used Google translate.. my Finnish is awful. I didn't see a quote in that article saying Roni talked to him.

I'm sure Roni is an awesome guy. Most Finns are!

But what he says doesn’t matter, right? Because he wasn’t on the ice? Or because he was on a beach? Or because he was a real estate agent? I can’t keep track of which reason you’re using now.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Now you’re just making things up. I never used a quote from Pakaslahti. So you can end that right now.

It doesn’t matter one iota if there is a quote from him or not. If so, great. It just reinforces what we all know. If not, there’s no bearing here at all, because we have all the proof anyone who can think for himself would ever need.

You said Rönne’s quote doesn’t matter because he wasn’t there. Now, once again, you’re changing things and saying he could have been there, but it still doesn’t matter.

You’ve gone from Fasel to another IIHF member to on-ice officials to off-ice officials to who knows where else anymore.

You’re discrediting rock solid proof and you look foolish because of it. Posters here have bent over backwards for your silly demands that you somehow can’t find yourself, and you just throw it back at them. You pretend to just be interested in proof, and say you’ll admit you’re wrong, but move the goalposts when you’re presented with the proof, and refuse to acknowledge it.

You’re not arguing in good faith at all and it’s already gotten extremely old.
I have not seen one quote from anyone at that tournament...

I must've confused you with Jusi about Pakalshati... my apologies.

You have not given me any proof from anyone in the game.

I used Rene because he's the boss. If he came out and said it was the right call. I"m done.
If Jukka came out and said it... I'm done
If the two refs said it.. I'm done.
Really, anyone on that list of officials for this tourney.

I said it doesn't matter where Roni was because he's not on the list of officials.

Now I"m being told the article quoted him as saying he talked to Jukka. Okay, let's see it.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
I used Rene because he's the boss. If he came out and said it was the right call. I"m done.

And the people Fasel has in his organization to deal with this exact situation? Doesn’t matter?

Once again, why does it matter if the person we hear from was at the tournament (even though we don’t know that he wasn’t)?

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Found it!

Rönn says he has secured it from Jukka Pakaslahti , who worked as a match supervisor in the tournament. If the puck had flown directly into the audience, the penalty would have been doomed.

I'm wrong! You all win. Off to get my eyes checked.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
You're quoting yourself? Am I wrong.. is that not your paraphrase? Can you show it me from the actual article? I did put up the google translate of that article and didn't see it.

Are you really so dense that you don't understand that it's translation from the Finnish article??? :laugh:

Edit: apparently you are blind. :laugh:

wacko2

Dec 28, 2019
various
yep if only this had happened to us, we'd accept the bs explanations gracefully.....lol Canadians hockey is our game, don't forget that world!:(

wacko2

Dec 28, 2019
various
Facts. Let's see, implying that an IIHF Officiating Committee member isn't reliable, because he's not at the tournament, because he used to work as a real estate agent and because there's a vast Finnish conspiracy more or less. That's from multiple posters. HFBoards 2020! Still assclowning!
nobody cares about the \Finnish angle, obviously covering your butt tho isn't part of your vocabulary - cause thats what happened with the explanation.
Hockey is our game, and anyway we win is acceptable! Go Canada!

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
So, we have an interview of Ex-IIHF referee and Liiga Head Ref by Finnish newspaper, in which he opines about the case and interpretation of the rules mentioning he also consulted tournament's IIHF Supervising referee Pakaslahti on the matter, who confirmed that IIHF game referees were right with their decision.

Next step is then that IIHF just confirm what is already known and said.

Relevant rulings are seemingly written as rather general guideline (what is structural object), which of course leave a lot of room for interpretation, but if that is the case, then the interpretation over the ruling is under jurisdiction of the game referees, unless something else is particularly decided case-by-case basis in a tournament/a rink of tournament. That's the spirit of it as I understand it.

Reactions: jj cale

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
So, we have an interview of Ex-IIHF referee and Liiga Head Ref by Finnish newspaper, in which he opines about the case and interpretation of the rules mentioning he also consulted tournament's IIHF Supervising referee Pakaslahti on the matter, who confirmed that IIHF game referees were right with their decision.

Next step is then that IIHF just confirm what is already known and said.

Relevant rulings are seemingly written as rather general guideline (what is structural object), which of course leave a lot of room for interpretation, but if that is the case, then the interpretation over the ruling is under jurisdiction of the game referees, unless something else is particularly decided case-by-case basis in a tournament/a rink of tournament. That's the spirit of it as I understand it.

Rönn specifically said in the Ilta-Sanomat article which I quoted that they inspect the rinks before the tournament and see where cameras and mics are and then determine which are part of the rink structure. So they eliminate interpretation before the tournament begins on that front.

Godzilla

Jun 7, 2011
Montreal
No, it definitely falls into that category. Because the rule clearly says everything over the ice surface. If the puck would hit the part in the circle or any other rafter in the roof, which is clearly out of bounds but it stretches from back there to the other side of the arena, it wouldn't be a penalty to you or IIHF apparently.
View attachment 303627

I've seen some far fetched stuff on this site before, but this takes the cake.

Congrats, you win.

Reactions: Uncle Rotter

McGuillicuddy

Sep 6, 2005
You guys are all pissing in the wind (as am I by commenting here I suppose). Whether the camera call was correct or not is pretty much irrelevant. Referees make incorrect calls every day but the game goes on. We can all agree that Russia caught a bad break on this particular play (whether it was the right call or not, it's still unlucky), but we can also agree that fortune was in their favour earlier in the game. The hockey gods have a way of evening these things out.

Reactions: Mehar and novisor
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad