Status
Not open for further replies.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
82140236_10157260084044032_4878578838138781696_n.jpg

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Fair enough. I can't keep up with all the exact implications when a country can't play sports fairly. They took a banned substance.

Russia has made their bed when it comes to showing the world they refuse to compete on a level field. I recalled their U18 team being banned like most of their other athletes. I forgot the exact details...they do it so much I can't keep up on all of it.

It's not the hockey players' fault that some lugers cheated.

novisor

Feb 6, 2012
Kitchener, ON
You guys are all pissing in the wind (as am I by commenting here I suppose). Whether the camera call was correct or not is pretty much irrelevant. Referees make incorrect calls every day but the game goes on. We can all agree that Russia caught a bad break on this particular play (whether it was the right call or not, it's still unlucky), but we can also agree that fortune was in their favour earlier in the game. The hockey gods have a way of evening these things out.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Four Russian PP's killed by Canada in the first, can't argue with that. Not to mention the two penalties the Russian's took in the final minutes, totally neutralized their chances. Whether it the camera call was right or not (it was) the Russians took two costly penalties.

TerminatorBlue

Nov 11, 2007
Canada
Couldn't have said it better myself. Four Russian PP's killed by Canada in the first, can't argue with that. Not to mention the two penalties the Russian's took in the final minutes, totally neutralized their chances. Whether it the camera call was right or not (it was) the Russians took two costly penalties.

The Russian player who took that terrible penalty when he flung the Canadian players stick 10 feet in the air on a 6-4 powerplay should be shot. Not sure if the reaction on the Russian bence was because they didn't think it was a penalty or disgusted with the Russian player?

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Yes we are and were also arrogant aholes by throwing it in their faces.
In a perfect world it would be better if they didn't but since everyone throws it in our face when we lose this is what you will get.

You can't wail about their behaviour as if it is exclusive to them when the fans of other places are every bit as bad, just look at them in this thread.

And of course it is not all the fans of any country who do this either, it's a percentage.

I think more Canadian fans would take you seriously if you called it straight down the middle but of course you aren't. Your anger and moral lecturing falls on deaf ears because of that. Everyone can see through it.

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
"Then, the Canadians got lucky, plain and simple. They cleared the puck over the glass, but it hit a camera at the top, thus nullifying a delay of game penalty."

IIHF - Akil for a gold!

IIHF doesn't publish such line in it's own news article in their own official site about the Final game of the tournament if it would be someway unclear the call was right. That is the closest and only thing I can find about ruling of that situation, directly by IIHF. /note

Congratz Canada!

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
"Then, the Canadians got lucky, plain and simple. They cleared the puck over the glass, but it hit a camera at the top, thus nullifying a delay of game penalty."

IIHF - Akil for a gold!

IIHF doesn't publish such line in it's own news article in their own official site about the Final game of the tournament if it would be someway unclear the call was right. That is the closest and only thing I can find about ruling of that situation, directly by IIHF. /note

Congratz Canada!
And that’s that. :nod:

wacko2

Dec 28, 2019
various
In a perfect world it would be better if they didn't but since everyone throws it in our face when we lose this is what you will get.

You can't wail about their behaviour as if it is exclusive to them when the fans of other places are every bit as bad, just look at them in this thread.

And of course it is not all the fans of any country who do this either, it's a percentage.

I think more Canadian fans would take you seriously if you called it straight down the middle but of course you aren't. Your anger and moral lecturing falls on deaf ears because of that. Everyone can see through it.
Canadian fan is what I am, those unable to see the bogus call are the same ones who cry whenever we dive and it isn't called.

Intelligence, use it friend. Canada won and probably would have won even with the 6 on 3 but the call just shined the corruption on the tournament and tainted a very good game.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Which is much better than where yours and many hypocritical Canadians are.
Like, on Earth? In reality? Where are you going with this?

You’ve been proven wrong. Grow up and accept it. You don’t need to keep being a child by ****-talking everyone who schooled you.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Canadian fan is what I am, those unable to see the bogus call are the same ones who cry whenever we dive and it isn't called.

Intelligence, use it friend. Canada won and probably would have won even with the 6 on 3 but the call just shined the corruption on the tournament and tainted a very good game.
You are the one who has completely abandoned any semblance of intelligence or reason if you truly believe what you are moaning and groaning about.

Any one with any sense, be they Canadian or whatever knows you are full of it.

You keep jumping up and down shouting " I am Canadian, I am Canadian"

I don't care where you from, it makes no difference. The substance of your argument is the only thing that matters, and it's severely lacking.

Corruption? do you have any proof of this? I mean, you have now entered into the territory of fans on here who claim there is a conspiracy when someone from a particular country refs their games, congratulations.

It makes you look unhinged.

Last edited:

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey

Are you unable to read? Just look at this, for God’s sake:

IIHF - Akil for a gold!

Congratz Canada!
There was never a missed penalty. It was luck it hit the camera. Nothing more to discuss.

Reactions: LFCTML and jj cale

Mach85

Mar 14, 2013
I want to congratulate Canadians, it was a glorious game. Classic. You have shown the will to win and have won. We in Russia are very disappointed. This is our most talented team in recent years. Very sad, but sport is sport. Congratulations! See you next year :)
PS. In the moment we all disagree with the camera. There was a real 6 by 3 chance not only to equalize. But that does not beg the work of the Canadian guys.
It is very hard to write. But admitting defeat is a step forward. Happy Holidays!
Your boys played so hard and could have just as easily been the team to come out on top. It was a great game and a great tournament and both teams and countries should be proud. That said, I definitely understand Russian fans' disappointment in the camera incident. There would be similar questions on our end if it had happened to Canada. Looking forward to playing you again in a future tournament. The fans always win.

blindpass

May 7, 2010

Corruption? Please explain. Before you said it was just a blown call.

Seconds before they put Russia on a powerplay with a call they could have easily got away without making. Then they turn around and "corruptly" blow a call? Doesn't make make sense. Where are we going here, schizophrenic and corrupt? One official bribed by Russia and another by Canada? Please, finish the story for us, it is going to be fascinating.

Last edited:

Quazatron

Jan 5, 2020
Your boys played so hard and could have just as easily been the team to come out on top. It was a great game and a great tournament and both teams and countries should be proud. That said, I definitely understand Russian fans' disappointment in the camera incident. There would be similar questions on our end if it had happened to Canada. Looking forward to playing you again in a future tournament. The fans always win.
Thanks for the kind words. But for some reason it’s not easier for us :)
Very disappointing defeat. Well, nothing, the Russians do not give up :) We promise to give a high-level game next year. We have good young hockey players have grown up and will be interesting again.
Congratulations again!

Reactions: Mach85

Mehar

Apr 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
One of the best Gold Medal Games in recent memory. Credit to Russia for their great tournament and on the Silver Medal. Cannot say enough of how Team Canada battled back to win in the Third Period. People are talking about penalties, but are forgetting how Canada got 4 straight penalties in the First Period; and on one of the Russian PP goals was on a Canadian penalty that should have never been called. Bad calls went both ways, but Team Canada was a bit better in the end. I remember Buffalo in 2011, and how the Russians stormed back to win in the Third Period against Canada, trailing 3-0. It was nice for Canada to come back and win in this one. Much respect to all the Canadians that travelled to watch the Final. Felt like a Home Game in Canada. Feels good to be Number 1 again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad