GDT: Gold Medal Game • Canada 3, Russia 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tavaresmagicalplay*

Wow, I know Canada is winning 2-0(and they deserve to be) but is anybody else stunned by the one on one ability of the russians? Just....wow the skill of this team is amazing.
Tarasenko is simply outstanding. If he was a Canadian...There is not limit on how hyped he would become.

Every chance he gets he turns it into a definite threat. Please lord let Rundblad pan out.
Reminds me of Eberle only stronger.

Antraxh

Jan 5, 2009
I think the crease violation, combined with not being able to use your feet on a faceoff are two of the dumbest rules in sports.

I agree on the faceoff, not on the crease. Also, they should allow players to kick the puck into the net. Stop determine what a kicking motion is.

Wham City

Oct 27, 2006
Whistler
We've surpassed their 17-19 year olds. Now time to start dominating their men's (Sochi is a huuuge test, gonna be harder than the one in Vancouver and no 7-3 cakewalk on their soil i bet). Yes I realize we can beat Russia, but it's not as if Canada owns the rivarly at the pro stage lately. It's been pretty even the last ooh, 40 years.

Ya they knocked us out in Turin and nearly knocked us out in Ottawa. Would love to a see a Russia - Canada final in Sochi.

Brycios

Apr 17, 2007
Osgoode
That was some wicked stick handling by Ashton!

I didn't expect this sort of domination in the final. Fun to watch for one side so far.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Tarasenko is simply outstanding. If he was a Canadian...There is not limit on how hyped he would become.

Every chance he gets he turns it into a definite threat. Please lord let Rundblad pan out.

there were two instances where they couldn't get Cowen on the ice against him. One tarasenko and his line controlled the play for a while down low... the other? his shot that hit the post.

just saying :p

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008

He's being hyped more than enough right now :laugh:

And you know Rundblad will ;)

Hab-a-maniac

Sep 28, 2003
Toronto via Calgary!
Visit site
Not to act like a pompous nationalistic jerk, but is there any doubt that Canada is the best hockey nation on the planet??

Well it's tough to base it mainly off of teenagers beating down Russia. They're guys don't play 100 games a year with memorial cup on the line at the end. Canada kids are more prepared at this age to win, they've been doing it their whole lives with the insane schedules of pee wee, bantjam and junior A. It gets a little closer when the guys are in their mid-20s and older. But yeah, Canada has reclaimed its throne on the world stage these past 10 years.

VladNYC*

Any Russian streams? This eurosport commentator is ****ing TERRIBLE!

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
OMG what a defense by team Russia on Canada's second goal.
Three players (Sergeev, Ignatovich and Panarin/Voronin, don't remember) watching Canada scoring :fac:
Wasn't that a penalty on that Kuznetsov's rush????
Anyhow, Canada deserves to be up. So far.
Go Russia

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
What Canada is doing is nothing extraordinary. It's just called teamwork. It's like they've been playing together for years. If their opponents would play the same way, we'd have a good game going here.

The funny part is that a rag tag group of guys that never met before a month ago have better team work than the American team that has been together all year. I have always thought that the US squad with the NTDP gave them a sick advantage in these things.

:yo:

I don't think these Russian players have ever played against a bunch of players this physical and committed to short shifts, board play, and being a five man unit. This is how hockey is supposed to be played.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Still a lot of hockey left.

Canada's expected early surge petered out a bit by the 15 minute mark, but that late goal was a real momentum booster for Canada.

Best play of the period was the sweeping stick-check on the Russian player going in alone.

Canada has to try to come out in the second like they did at the beginning of the first.

If anything, this Russian team has proven that the game 'aint over until it's over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia