GDT: Gold Medal Game • Canada 3, Russia 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Brutal goal to give up so late for russia. I was just about to say they should be happy weathering the storm and getting momentum then that goal. That hurts them bad.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
was that Cowen - Gudbranson on the ice for the last min?

that would be a beast pairing if they kept it lol

Kiefer

Jun 28, 2004
Sweden
Tough goal for Russia, I think they played pretty good in the last 8 mins of this period. I hope they bounce back.

State of Hockey

Oct 9, 2006
What Canada is doing is nothing extraordinary. It's just called teamwork. It's like they've been playing together for years. If their opponents would play the same way, we'd have a good game going here.

Hab-a-maniac

Sep 28, 2003
Toronto via Calgary!
Visit site
Man, if you'd talked to me 15 years ago, and told me I'd be watching Canadian forwards absolutely blowing past the Russians consistently, I don't know if I'd have believed it.

We've surpassed their 17-19 year olds. Now time to start dominating their men's (Sochi is a huuuge test, gonna be harder than the one in Vancouver and no 7-3 cakewalk on their soil i bet). Yes I realize we can beat Russia, but it's not as if Canada owns the rivarly at the pro stage lately. It's been pretty even the last ooh, 40 years.

paradeofwolves

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto
I wanted this to be a close game but this has potential to be a blow-out. Goaltending looks solid. Forwards and defence as well. Man, Canada playing a complete game right now.

Lard_Lad

May 12, 2003
Kelowna
Visit site
Looking good, just have to tighten things up a bit in the neutral and defensive zones now. Visentin's looking focused and sharp, good news for us.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Tarasenko is simply outstanding. If he was a Canadian...There is not limit on how hyped he would become.

Every chance he gets he turns it into a definite threat. Please lord let Rundblad pan out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille