GDT: Gold Medal Game • Canada 3, Russia 5 • Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
I'm amazed he noticed you at all with all of the Red and White in your rink.

I'm surprised you're not thanking him for the economic boost to your region.

Hahaha. Snap. So good.

Not as good as those j-offs in 303 having to pay to watch that collapse, but snap! nonetheless. :nod:

nik jr

Sep 25, 2005
russia probably has the best national anthem in the world, but many of the russian players made it sound like ****.

NorCAHockeyFan

Oct 20, 2009
CA
Congrats to both Canada and Russia. Either team had the talent to bring home gold. I have a feeling that Canada will be on fire for next years tournament but of course, they will face some very good world competition. Another enjoyable World Juniors on the books.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
From the looks of this tournament, Canada doesn't have anybody that is expected to step into the NHL immediately next season from the upcoming draft, correct? Should bode well for next year's squad.

Kiefer

Jun 28, 2004
Sweden
Well, I thought it was a play on the country colors of the US and Canada. Both have red and white but the US has blue, so "code blue" was to mean that the tournament was in the US (sort of) and the Canadian team would have to beat the US in order to win gold (which they did) but you know what happened against Russia.

Ahhhh. thanks. Makes even more sence than previous posts.

Fulcrum

Just a notable peace, for Tarasenko's determination / leadership...
Russian interview with the Coach, Valeri Bragin:

– Что случилось с Владимиром Тарасенко во втором периоде?
– Он получил удар в ребра. Но Тарасенко проявил себя настоящим капитаном и вернулся на площадку. Он повел за собой команду, хотя, чувствовалось, что делает это через боль.

-What happend with Vladimir Tarasenko in the 2nd period?
-He was hit in the ribs. But Tarasenko showed that he was the real Captain and came back on the ice. He lead the team, although he played through pain.

Other notables
-Bragin thought Bobkov was 70% of why the team succeeded.

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
I was responding to somebody who said Visentin should be absolved of blame. I wish no disrespect to the Americans (they know they failed to show up in the semis, no need to remind them), and I especially do not wish to take credit away from the Russians for the tremendous amount of heart they displayed in this game and the tournament as a whole. They deserve full credit for having a never say die attitude and it really payed off. I suppose my post was more a defence of Roy more than anything, although he really did play like ass.

Cool, understood. No harm, no foul, and I'm sorry if I came off testy there...

DeathToAllButMetal

Let it all burn.
May 13, 2010
To the canadian fella who talked so much **** to me in section 303.. I hope you enjoyed your trail of tears down the QEW!

With that being said...

OHHH! AHHH! RUSSIA!!!!!!!!!

You ought to be kissing his ass for keeping your crap hockey team in your even crappier excuse for a town.

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
I blame the Washington Capitals and St. Louis Blues for not kidnapping Kuznetsov, Orlov and Tarasenko and making them play in the NHL.

Hey, it ain't like the Blues didn't try. Tarasenko wanted to honor the contract he had in place with his Russian side, which is admirable. And they did let him get out of the second year of it, so in all likelihood he's here next season...

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I didn't know that proudly displaying your respective country's logo during a goal celebration was such a terrible act.

If you want to get pissy about goal celebrations, look no further than Gudbranson tackling Ashton after the 2nd goal like he just scored the OT Cup winner in Game 7.

Either way, we are talking about teenagers here. They act like kids when they score because they are exactly that: kids.

Hey I'm fine with him doing it, but freaking follow through! If you're going to pimp your jersey like your some kind of big shot then play like you want the freaking gold, instead of collapsing in the third. I don't know how anyone can defend this team. Never seen a Canadian team not only give up a three goal lead in the third period, but give up 5 goals in one period. Give you're head a shake. It was brutal. These guys thought they had it in the bag.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
From the looks of this tournament, Canada doesn't have anybody that is expected to step into the NHL immediately next season from the upcoming draft, correct? Should bode well for next year's squad.

I'll be absolutely shocked if anyone, if anyoneeeee of these guys steps into an NHL team. If you can't hold a three goal lead then then you don't deserve to make an NHL team. I guarantee you that every single player from this team will either go back to junior or be in the AHL. None of these kids will make the jump. Sorry they didn't cut it. Quite obvious they aren't ready.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Pierre McGuire did very little to hide his homerism in this tournament. I thought it was pretty embarrassing in the game vs USA when he started whining about the Kassian suspension after an American player threw an elbow.

You do realize McGuire is an American, don't you?

hammerwielder

Jan 6, 2008
Canada
I don't think that's mocking the other team; if it is, then celebrating a goal in any way is mocking your opponent and should be banned immediately.
No, there's a world of difference between putting your stick in the air and what Schenn did. The former is an accepted form of personal celebration. The latter shows up your opponent as a team and in my opinion is unsportsmanlike. Evidently in the Russian player's opinion it was too.

I'm not trying to take away from Schenn's accomplishments at the tournament or use what he did as an excuse, but as a Canadian I found what he did embarrassing.

The MVP votes had to be in by the end of the second period. Given the result, again not to take away from a strong tournament for Schenn, I suspect there is some embarrassment within the IIHF for that outcome.

Kiefer

Jun 28, 2004
Sweden
I'll be absolutely shocked if anyone, if anyoneeeee of these guys steps into an NHL team. If you can't hold a three goal lead then then you don't deserve to make an NHL team. I guarantee you that every single player from this team will either go back to junior or be in the AHL. None of these kids will make the jump. Sorry they didn't cut it. Quite obvious they aren't ready.

Christ you are over reacting. A lot.

Still lots of talent on the team, and I'm sure several players will make it to NHL.

JD SabreFan

Aug 7, 2005
Buffalo, NY
emersonetem.ytmnd.com
You ought to be kissing his ass for keeping your crap hockey team in your even crappier excuse for a town.

I should have thanked a Maple Leafs fan for keeping my Sabres in town.. hmm, yeah you still sippin' that molson?

He was a Bills fan though, you guys can have that sorry excuse for an organization.

I love my city. It's not a major-city so I don't expect major-city type things, if you got to know Buffalo you would love it too.. but odds are you come here, stay at the Hyatt and take the metrorail to the HSBC.

I'd talk **** too, because around the area there are nothing but offices.

But I digress, enjoy your night <3

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
Yakushev 72

Even the referees couldn't stop the Russians in this one. What an amazing performance by the guys from Rossiya! Being down 3-0 at the start of the 3rd, and coming back to score a quick 5 goals. I would be stunned, were it not for the fact that they could easily have scored 9 or 10. The Canadians were holding on for dear life at the end to try to keep the score respectable! Molodtsy to the victors, especially Vladimir Tarasenko, Evgeny Kuznetsov, Maksim Kitsyn, Artem Panain, and Sergei Kalinin!

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008

Your insane....I would say atleast 5+ players from Canada are in the NHL next year....if not closer to 10(though that might be harder).

Communal Blood

Jun 1, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Whose sport is it? Aww man it must sting like a mother****! Don't worry, I feel your pain.. I'm a Buffalo fan :help:

Ten straight appearances in the final is cool by me. Especially with the run we went on, can't expect to win 'em all, it makes for good competition, but thanks for coming out. The Canadians that went to the cesspool known as Buffalo gave it some revenue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad