Cehlarik - Krejci - Pastrnak
Vatrano - Spooner - Backes
Beleskey - Kuraly - Nash
X: Agostino, Acciari

Chara - Carlo
Krug - McQuaid
Miller - McAvoy
X: Postma

Rask / Dobby to start, McIntyre to finish.

This would be my best guess. Cehlarik, Nash and Vatrano battling it out with Debrusk/Heinen. Beleskey better be ready. He could find himself in Providence.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
This would be my best guess. Cehlarik, Nash and Vatrano battling it out with Debrusk/Heinen. Beleskey better be ready. He could find himself in Providence.

Hate to break it you but the Bruins aren't eating an almost 4 million dollar salary putting a guy in Providence who will still count against the cap.

Pick one of DeBrusk/Heinen/Cehlarik/Bjork/JFK to make the team. My pick is DeBrusk, most NHL ready player in my opinion.

Kuraly and Accari should make up part of the fourth line. DeBrusk and Belesky battle for 2nd/3rd LW spots.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Hate to break it you but the Bruins aren't eating an almost 4 million dollar salary putting a guy in Providence who will still count against the cap.

Pick one of DeBrusk/Heinen/Cehlarik/Bjork/JFK to make the team. My pick is DeBrusk, most NHL ready player in my opinion.

Kuraly and Accari should make up part of the fourth line. DeBrusk and Belesky battle for 2nd/3rd LW spots.

True, however press box not to far away. I'm really curious to see how he plays. Came to camp lighter and ready.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
True, however press box not to far away. I'm really curious to see how he plays. Came to camp lighter and ready.

I think he has a bounce back year. He is what he is but if he gives you 15-20 goals 30-35 points from the third line LW you are getting exactly what they paid for as long as he continues to play physical.

Beleskey-Spooner-Vatrano could be a solid third line, they may switch in Nash for face offs and a more defensive presence on the line.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I think he has a bounce back year. He is what he is but if he gives you 15-20 goals 30-35 points from the third line LW you are getting exactly what they paid for as long as he continues to play physical.

Beleskey-Spooner-Vatrano could be a solid third line, they may switch in Nash for face offs and a more defensive presence on the line.

The competition for spots is unbelievable this year. Crazy! So much pressure on the vets and prospects.

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
Marchand - Bergeron - Bjork
Cehlarik - Krejci - Pastrnak
Vatrano - Spooner - Backes
Beleskey - Kuraly - Nash
X: Agostino, Acciari

Chara - Carlo
Krug - McQuaid
Miller - McAvoy
X: Postma

Rask / Dobby to start, McIntyre to finish.

I think this is spot on, except for Cehlarik. Sweeney said Cehlarik is "almost" done with his rehabilitation. Even if he is fully healthy to start camp, he won't have had the same opportunity to train. Look for Heinen to grab that spot. I think he will be far better than the player we saw last year. Otherwise looks perfect.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I think this is spot on, except for Cehlarik. Sweeney said Cehlarik is "almost" done with his rehabilitation. Even if he is fully healthy to start camp, he won't have had the same opportunity to train. Look for Heinen to grab that spot. I think he will be far better than the player we saw last year. Otherwise looks perfect.

Crap...was this a recent quote? Everyone did pass their physicals but agree he may not be ready from a long summer training program perspective and he did miss the prospects challenge.

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
Crap...was this a recent quote? Everyone did pass their physicals but agree he may not be ready from a long summer training program perspective and he did miss the prospects challenge.

I think it was yesterday, in fact. I can't exactly remember, but the implication was that Cehlarik was doing very well but did not take part in the physical.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
The good thing is that the team should have more depth this season up front which will give Cassidy flexibility....and I love that he's willing to mix up the lines and use the carrot and stick approach instead of throwing the same stale lines out there regardless of performance. If you don't do what you're supposed to, then you sit.

I think the Kuraly Acciari Backes line is more playoff material than regular season. I don't think they bring enough offense to be a constant feature. But the fact that Cassidy has the choice of rolling them out there together to give the team a jolt is a great thing.

At any rate we should also have enough goals from Bergeron, Marchand, Krejci, and Pastrnak to get into the dance. Then if you roll out the big boys in April...and alternate them with two talented lines the Bruins will be really tough to handle.

Pretty much this. That line doesn't have nearly enough offensive talent to sustain that for an entire year. I know they had some success in the playoffs but its incredibly short-signed to think they'll repeat that in the regular season.We will see I suppose.

I'm glad Bergy/Marchy and Krejci/Pasta are the pairs going in. Spreading out the offense is important IMO.

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
Marchy Bergy Duscene
Bjork Krecji Pasta
Vatrano Spooner Backes
Belesky Kuraly Acciari
Celarik JFK debrusk

Fierce1

Nov 13, 2006
Nova Scotia
Marchand-Bergeron-Bjork
Heinen-Krejci-Pastrnak
Beleskey--Backes- Vatrano
Kuraly-Nash-Acciari

Chara-McAvoy
Krug-Carlo
Miller-McQuaid

Rask
Khudobin

Spooner traded before the ten game mark of the season.
I'd like to see Beleskey gone as well to make room for Cehlark or Debrusk but we may have to throw in a prospect to offload that contract.

Mr Fox

Hungry since '93
Aug 21, 2013
Hey guys, Habs fan coming in peace (I don't post a lot, I hope I can post in your threads ?)

Just a quick question; I see in many of your threads (most posters) that McAvoy gets the third pairing where McQuaid is on the second pairing. Is there a quick answer ? Is it not to get Krug on the third pairing or to bring the kid slowly? IIRC McQuaid looked like a bottom pairing D whereas McAvoy seemed like the future stud.

Anyway, just wondering. Looking forward for the intensity of the matchups to come!

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I'm surprised that a lot of these mock lineups are missing DeBrusk. I think he and Bjork will end up being the two rookies among our crop of forwards that make the team out of camp.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Hey guys, Habs fan coming in peace (I don't post a lot, I hope I can post in your threads ?)

Just a quick question; I see in many of your threads (most posters) that McAvoy gets the third pairing where McQuaid is on the second pairing. Is there a quick answer ? Is it not to get Krug on the third pairing or to bring the kid slowly? IIRC McQuaid looked like a bottom pairing D whereas McAvoy seemed like the future stud.

Anyway, just wondering. Looking forward for the intensity of the matchups to come!

Couple of reasons why

- Krug has played his best hockey with McQuaid. Krug shared number one minutes with Chara last year, both having nearly identical shifts per game last season.

- Eases McAvoy into the NHL and plays with a defensive minded guy who can skate with Kevan Miller.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Marchand-Bergeron-Debrusk
Bjork-Krejci-Pastrnak
Beleskey--Spooner- Backes
Kuraly-Nash-Acciari
Vatrano

Chara-Carlo
Krug-McQuaid
Miller-MacAvoy

Rask
Khudobin

Root

Feb 22, 2010
Marchand-Bergeron-Bjork
Debrusk-Krejci-Pasta
Vatrano-Spooner-Backes
Beleskey-Kuraly-Acciari
Nash

Chara-Carlo
Krug-McQuaid
Miller-McAvoy

Rask
Khudobin

Still hoping they trade Spooner and move Backes to the third line center spot. Keeping an eye on the Josh Anderson situation in Columbus. I really like that player.

Fonzerelli

Jul 15, 2015
I'll come to you
Marchy-Bergy-Backes
Vatrano-Krejcki-Pasta
Agostino-Duchene-Bjork
Gabrielle-Nash-Acciari
Schaller

Chara-McAvoy
Krug-MQuaid
Killer-Potsma
Lauzon

Rask
Dobby

Includes 2 trades to be completed before season starts

Carlo/Heinen/Beleskey to Colorado for Duchene
Spooner to Pittsburgh for a 2nd round pick

Drop the puck!

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Pretty much this. That line doesn't have nearly enough offensive talent to sustain that for an entire year. I know they had some success in the playoffs but its incredibly short-signed to think they'll repeat that in the regular season.We will see I suppose.

I'm glad Bergy/Marchy and Krejci/Pasta are the pairs going in. Spreading out the offense is important IMO.

How is a line good for the playoffs but not regular season?

Playoffs is a different animal than regular. Alot more difficult

That line has chemistry. Dont mess it around

Also Marchand bergeron pasta (chemistry. Dont touch it)

Krejci or spooner or nash line is what needs figuring out

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Marchy-Bergy-Backes
Vatrano-Krejcki-Pasta
Agostino-Duchene-Bjork
Gabrielle-Nash-Acciari
Schaller

Chara-McAvoy
Krug-MQuaid
Killer-Potsma
Lauzon

Rask
Dobby

Includes 2 trades to be completed before season starts

Carlo/Heinen/Beleskey to Colorado for Duchene
Spooner to Pittsburgh for a 2nd round pick

Drop the puck!

Since you didn't care to respond to my explanation in the training camp post as why this wouldn't work, I'll just repeat that with this is flat out awful.

Redundancy at forward, a weakened D, two AHL caliber players on LW in Gabrielle and Agostino. Trading a 20-year old Carlo for a 2-year rental. Giving away a guy who can help them now in Spooner for a draft pick that help the Bruins for years.

Just flat out awful proposal.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I'm surprised that a lot of these mock lineups are missing DeBrusk. I think he and Bjork will end up being the two rookies among our crop of forwards that make the team out of camp.

don`t shoot the messenger as I have seen precisely 0 minutes of camp nor one minute of last night`s tilt ( Jake obviously didn`t play ) to offer any opinion but appears Haggs, for what it`s worth has been less than impressed with DeBrusk thus far.

Now, that can all change with a few strong pre-season tilts and his opinions rarely sway my thoughts on a player or a situation but here it is

http://www.csnne.com/boston-bruins/thoughts-and-observations-first-weekend-boston-bruins-camp

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad