Line Combos: Going younger, could do 6 but let's see 5

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Putting together lines this year is tough, I've refrained from pitching line-ups, but this is what I would do to start the season. I wouldn't expect this to stay the same post-deadline.

Marchand - Bergeron - Bjork

Debrusk - Krejci - Pastrnak

Kuraly - Backes - Vatrano

Belesky - Spooner - Acciari

Extras: Agostino, Nash

Chara - Carlo

Miller - McAvoy

Krug - McQuaid

Extra: Postma

Rask

McIntyre

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
Putting together lines this year is tough, I've refrained from pitching line-ups, but this is what I would do to start the season. I wouldn't expect this to stay the same post-deadline.

Debrusk - Krejci - Pastrnak

Kuraly - Backes - Vatrano

Belesky - Spooner - Acciari

Extras: Agostino, Nash

Chara - Carlo

Miller - McAvoy

Krug - McQuaid

Extra: Postma

Rask

McIntyre
Nice balance! I might swap Acciari and Bjork for fun. I missed Acciari on my initial take.:(

CJ17

Oct 15, 2005
MA
Marchand-Bergeron-Bjork
Debrusk-Krejci-Backes
Vatrano-Spooner-Agostino
Beleskey-Nash-Acciari

Mcavoy-Miller
Carlo-Chara
McQuaid-Krug

Postma
Kuraly
Heinen

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
****, I can't even point to the last time the Bruins won a trade, let alone sold high on a player...:laugh:

lucic was a win I'd say and that wasn't selling low. before that the last time they sold high might be Joe Thornton and they *still* lost the trade

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Marchand -- Bergeron -- Bjork

DeBrusk -- Krejci -- Pasta

Beleskey -- Backes -- Vatrano

Kuraly -- Spooner -- Acciari

ex: Ago, Cehlarik

Krug -- Carlo

Chara -- McAvoy

Miller -- McQuaid

ex: Postma, O'Gara

Rask
Doby

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
A few things I would like to see:

1. First line - Marchand Bergeron Pastrnak

2. Backes at center

3. Kuraly, Acciari, and DeBrusk in the lineup full time

4. As others have noted, a trade to move out some of the forwards that aren't in the long-term plans.

On defense I would give strong consideration to Zboril coming out of camp to play 3rd pairing on the left side. If he is NHL ready, then we can package a d-man with a couple of the forwards that aren't in the long term picture.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
A few things I would like to see:

1. First line - Marchand Bergeron Pastrnak

2. Backes at center

3. Kuraly, Acciari, and DeBrusk in the lineup full time

4. As others have noted, a trade to move out some of the forwards that aren't in the long-term plans.

On defense I would give strong consideration to Zboril coming out of camp to play 3rd pairing on the left side. If he is NHL ready, then we can package a d-man with a couple of the forwards that aren't in the long term picture.

Some general comments:

1. Agreed. Best line in hockey IMO.

2. Depends if its the Backes who was "working on getting faster this offseason." If not, I want him firmly on the wing.

3. Agreed. I have my 4th line of Beleksey Kuraly Acciari right now.

4. What forwards specifically?

I think Zboril making the team out of camp is a real long shot, but thatd be great. We already have Chara, Krug, K Miller on the left side with Carlo, McAvoy and McQuaid on the right. Them protecting K Miller solidifies his place in the lineup, and I doubt McQuaid will be usurped given his contract.

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
Some general comments:

1. Agreed. Best line in hockey IMO.

2. Depends if its the Backes who was "working on getting faster this offseason." If not, I want him firmly on the wing.

3. Agreed. I have my 4th line of Beleksey Kuraly Acciari right now.

4. What forwards specifically?

I think Zboril making the team out of camp is a real long shot, but thatd be great. We already have Chara, Krug, K Miller on the left side with Carlo, McAvoy and McQuaid on the right. Them protecting K Miller solidifies his place in the lineup, and I doubt McQuaid will be usurped given his contract.

Qualifier, I trust the management to have a better handle on projecting their prospects and roster players than what I can do personally. So let's say for example that Sweeney is very high on DeBrusk. In that case I would have no problem moving one of Heinen or Senyshyn. On the NHL roster I would look at Spooner as a candidate to be moved. On defense if one of O'Gara or Zboril is ready, then we can afford to move out a D prospect or roster player.

There won't be spots for all of the players, so I see it as important to choose the ones to keep and choose the ones to move.

Regarding Zboril, my interpretation is that he has a ton of upside but needs to be challenged. A classic moody player. Depending on how he looks in training camp...I might give him the challenge....Show me what you got and see how he responds.

vjcsmoke

Jun 29, 2011
Bjork on the 1st line? Come on guys. I hope he's good but for a rookie to win the 1st line winger job over Pastrnak? It ain't happening!

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Vatrano-Krejci-Backes
Belesky-Spooner-Bjork
Debrusk-Kuraly-Acciari

Chara-McAvoy
Carlo-Krug
Miller-Mcquaid

I hope Vatrano makes the leap into a legit 20 goal scorer. I'm not sure that's going to happen, if not, Belesky will be bumped up to replace him but I'm hoping that 1 new player can crack the top 6 this year. Hopefully that guy is Frank the Tank!

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Bjork on the 1st line? Come on guys. I hope he's good but for a rookie to win the 1st line winger job over Pastrnak? It ain't happening!

Vatrano-Krejci-Backes
Belesky-Spooner-Bjork
Debrusk-Kuraly-Acciari

Chara-McAvoy
Carlo-Krug
Miller-Mcquaid

I hope Vatrano makes the leap into a legit 20 goal scorer. I'm not sure that's going to happen, if not, Belesky will be bumped up to replace him but I'm hoping that 1 new player can crack the top 6 this year. Hopefully that guy is Frank the Tank!

It's not about beating Pasta out for a job, it's about balancing out the lines and creating a balanced attack. No one thinks Bjork is about to outplay Pasta this season.

Fact is, under Cassidy, expect line changes and shuffling both during and in between games. He can still easily put Pasta back with 63 and 37 at any time, sometimes to try and regain momentum, sometimes late in games while trailing. Think of it as a "special weapon". They will likely still see 1st unit PP time together.

This isn't Claude, who pretty much had his line template and went out of his way sometimes to make line changes as little as possible.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I would like to see Cehlarik get a chance to play with Krejci and Pastrnak from the get go, that line for the brief time they were together last year was exciting to watch and created chances almost every time they were on the ice together.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I would like to see Cehlarik get a chance to play with Krejci and Pastrnak from the get go, that line for the brief time they were together last year was exciting to watch and created chances almost every time they were on the ice together.

Rather see one of Heinen, DeBrusk, Bjork in that spot.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Spooner and Beleskey need to be traded asap. . If not, put them on the same line....4th line

Marchand bergeron pastrnak
Cehlarik krejci bjork
Acciari Kulary Backes
Beleskey Spooner Nash
Debrusk Heinen

Chara Mcavoy
Krug Carlo
Mcqauid K. Miller

Lets go!!

Taz#24

Feb 27, 2002
Washington DC
Visit site

Vatrano-Krejci-Backes
Belesky-Spooner-Bjork
Debrusk-Kuraly-Acciari

Chara-McAvoy
Carlo-Krug
Miller-Mcquaid

Well done, if either DEBRUSK or BJORK push, great but you're right they should not have undo pressure placed on them right away. I suspect JFK may make a case to push someone out as well, that no doubt would be SPOONER if the Bruins could deal him for something that makes sense. HEINEN is a wildcard, not sure if he's a pending top 6 NHLer or just a very good AHLer. He and CEHLARIK will be the priority baby B call ups I would guess.

I wouldn't be surprised to see DS package SPOONER and (one of MCQUAID or MILLER) and other assets to acquire a top four LD. It just makes sense for the now and considering CHARA may not be here after this season.

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
Spooner and Beleskey need to be traded asap. . If not, put them on the same line....4th line

Marchand bergeron pastrnak
Cehlarik krejci bjork
Acciari Kulary Backes
Beleskey Spooner Nash
Debrusk Heinen

Chara Mcavoy
Krug Carlo
Mcqauid K. Miller

Lets go!!

That team would be tough to play against. I would keep Beleskey though. I love the tenacity and physical play of Acciari, Kuraly, Backes, Beleskey...and we know what Miller and McQuaid bring in that regard. Throw in Schaller as 13th forward to spell someone and let them run wild.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
That team would be tough to play against. I would keep Beleskey though. I love the tenacity and physical play of Acciari, Kuraly, Backes, Beleskey...and we know what Miller and McQuaid bring in that regard. Throw in Schaller as 13th forward to spell someone and let them run wild.

I agree

Betting that Cassidy still likes the Acciari kulary backes line and rolls with it starting the season...in turn these guys will bring their A game in trainning camp

slim399

May 1, 2002
Boston
Visit site
Marchand-Bergy-Bjork
DeBrusk-Krejci-Pasta
Heinen-Spooner-Backes
Vatrano-Kuraly-Acciari

Chara-McAvoy
Krug-Carlo
O'Gara-McQuaid

Rask

This looks pretty darn good to me. Mine with getting a little crazier.

Marchand-Bergeron-Bjork
Debrusk-Krejci-Backes
Heinen-JFK-Pastrnak
Vatrano-Spooner-Kurlay/Accairi (take faceoffs)

Chara-McAvoy
Krug-Carlo
Zboril-Miller/ McQuaid

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
This looks pretty darn good to me. Mine with getting a little crazier.

Marchand-Bergeron-Bjork
Debrusk-Krejci-Backes
Heinen-JFK-Pastrnak
Vatrano-Spooner-Kurlay/Accairi (take faceoffs)

Chara-McAvoy
Krug-Carlo
Zboril-Miller/ McQuaid

Wow nice job! I like the optimism!

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Cehlarik - Krejci - Pastrnak
Vatrano - Spooner - Backes
Beleskey - Kuraly - Nash
X: Agostino, Acciari

Chara - Carlo
Krug - McQuaid
Miller - McAvoy
X: Postma

Rask / Dobby to start, McIntyre to finish.

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
I agree

Betting that Cassidy still likes the Acciari kulary backes line and rolls with it starting the season...in turn these guys will bring their A game in trainning camp

The good thing is that the team should have more depth this season up front which will give Cassidy flexibility....and I love that he's willing to mix up the lines and use the carrot and stick approach instead of throwing the same stale lines out there regardless of performance. If you don't do what you're supposed to, then you sit.

I think the Kuraly Acciari Backes line is more playoff material than regular season. I don't think they bring enough offense to be a constant feature. But the fact that Cassidy has the choice of rolling them out there together to give the team a jolt is a great thing.

At any rate we should also have enough goals from Bergeron, Marchand, Krejci, and Pastrnak to get into the dance. Then if you roll out the big boys in April...and alternate them with two talented lines the Bruins will be really tough to handle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad