Going to Sweden or Germany in October (please delete if there's already a thread..couldn't find it!)

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
@SaltNPeca

I found this :"Mein Kind ist unter 4 Jahre. Benötige ich für das Kind eine Eintrittskarte? Nein. Kinder bis einschließlich 3 Jahren haben in Begleitung eines Erwachsenen freien Eintritt ohne Eintrittskarte. Ein Anspruch auf einen eigenen Sitzplatz besteht nicht."

In google translate that says that a kid below the age of 4 can get in and does not need a ticket. Is that more or less correct?

Zenos

Oct 4, 2009
@SaltNPeca

I found this :"Mein Kind ist unter 4 Jahre. Benötige ich für das Kind eine Eintrittskarte? Nein. Kinder bis einschließlich 3 Jahren haben in Begleitung eines Erwachsenen freien Eintritt ohne Eintrittskarte. Ein Anspruch auf einen eigenen Sitzplatz besteht nicht."

In google translate that says that a kid below the age of 4 can get in and does not need a ticket. Is that more or less correct?

Yes. Children up to and including 3 years of age, together with a ticket-holding adult don't require a ticket themselves. They however are not entitled to a seat of their own.

Basically, your three year old can get in for free, but he/she has to sit on your lap.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Yes. Children up to and including 3 years of age, together with a ticket-holding adult don't require a ticket themselves. They however are not entitled to a seat of their own.

Basically, your three year old can get in for free, but he/she has to sit on your lap.
Brilliant, thanks a lot!

SaltNPeca

Jan 9, 2017
Köln
@SaltNPeca

Source?

It generally says what I already posted. Basically a toddler up to 3 or baby can sit on your lap or be held. Use common sense I'd say. And don't put it past Germans to check your paperwork! :laugh:

Reactions: LaGu

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Source?

It generally says what I already posted. Basically a toddler up to 3 or baby can sit on your lap or be held. Use common sense I'd say. And don't put it past Germans to check your paperwork! :laugh:
It was in the FAQ on the team home page.

SaltNPeca

Jan 9, 2017
Köln
most European arenas I have been in allow only infant to be in laps
Interesting anecdotal information bruv. Lanxess Arena is the arena in question.

Bern, where the other friendly will be played: "0-4 gratis"
source: Preise Einzeltickets

Random KHL Team: HC Slovan Bratislava: "Children born from August 1st 2011 onwards have free entry to HC SLOVAN home games (but with no seat allocated) when accompanied by an adult with a ticket"
source: Individual Game Tickets | Tickets | HC SLOVAN Bratislava

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I'm pretty disappointed. I will be in Germany while the game is on (Honeymoon) but couldn't convince the wife to go and see the game. I knew I shouldn't have married a flames fan.

Well--I am in town that day and do not have a ticket--so if you have ticket--I'l take your wife on a dinner cruise on the river and you go to the game and I will have he back in your hotel at about 5am--give or take

Kamtek

Sep 18, 2018
I've got 2 tickets for game in Cologne, but unfortunately can't come to Germany this fall. Anyone interested? Block 708 row 1.

RuneMcEres

Seasons in the Abyss
Oct 24, 2006
Bergen, Norway
I'm keen to have a meet up prior to the game in Gothenburg. I'm guessing there will be other people like me that travel alone as well. @LaGu , do you know a place in Gothenburg that fits? I'm thinking Friday night and Saturday before the game. Nothing like some hockey talk and meeting other Oilers fans to get in the mood.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I'm keen to have a meet up prior to the game in Gothenburg. I'm guessing there will be other people like me that travel alone as well. @LaGu , do you know a place in Gothenburg that fits? I'm thinking Friday night and Saturday before the game. Nothing like some hockey talk and meeting other Oilers fans to get in the mood.

I am in Cologne from the 2nd to the 5th and in Gotenburgh from the 5th to 10th (hitting a few hockey games in and around the area)

the first person to land in either place to supposed to start a pregame discussion on where to meet up for those who want to meet up

Last edited:
Reactions: RuneMcEres

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
O'Leary's on Avenyn. That is where hockey people go (at least until a couple of years ago), and it's a nice sports bar, 15 mins walking from the stadium. I used to see hockey journalists there at least and team staff/leaders. I don't know where players go (but I'll check with some friends who might know better), for the after party :)

I just got my hands on a ticket to the game in Cologne. Doubt I'll be in Gothenburg though, it's my home town but it's just too damn expensive (I live in central Europe nowadays).

Reactions: RuneMcEres

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
O'Leary's on Avenyn. That is where hockey people go (at least until a couple of years ago), and it's a nice sports bar, 15 mins walking from the stadium. I used to see hockey journalists there at least and team staff/leaders. I don't know where players go (but I'll check with some friends who might know better), for the after party :)

I just got my hands on a ticket to the game in Cologne. Doubt I'll be in Gothenburg though, it's my home town but it's just too damn expensive (I live in central Europe nowadays).

Sweden is friggen expensive these days--I had to get creative to get a budget together to hit both places

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Sweden is friggen expensive these days--I had to get creative to get a budget together to hit both places
It's crazy, but I live in Luxembourg (not by choice...) so I am used to expensive and then some. In the end I am close enough to go by car to Cologne, so I'll drive there on the same day and go back in the evening/night. It'll be worth it, first time seeing the Oilers live. Quite the thing for a euro-supporter since almost ... oh crap, it's been 32 years... I was very young at the time, but I am getting old :)

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
It's crazy, but I live in Luxembourg (not by choice...) so I am used to expensive and then some. In the end I am close enough to go by car to Cologne, so I'll drive there on the same day and go back in the evening/night. It'll be worth it, first time seeing the Oilers live. Quite the thing for a euro-supporter since almost ... oh crap, it's been 32 years... I was very young at the time, but I am getting old :)

I lived in London for 15 years so I am used to expensive--but my last few trips to Sweden--even with the beat down on the Pound has made things a little tougher

this year I will be making more trip to Russia watch hockey then Finland or Sweden

Reactions: LaGu

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
I lived in London for 15 years so I am used to expensive--but my last few trips to Sweden--even with the beat down on the Pound has made things a little tougher

this year I will be making more trip to Russia watch hockey then Finland or Sweden
Yeah, London probably takes the price. I've only been once in the last decade or so and the "allowed" hotel budget for my company was 250 EUR, which I thought was insane until I started looking for hotels :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00