Going to Sweden or Germany in October (please delete if there's already a thread..couldn't find it!)

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
math I was given by guys in Cologne is that season tickets holders could get up 4 tickets + their seat (seasons seats 2 +8 )today for the game. Lanxess seats 17'500 for hockey. Both my emails and phone calls I was told that the game was sold out. Unless there is confusion at their end

Sharkuya

Mar 14, 2018
Yes there is Confusion on their end, but that is typical. Clear communicstion is not a strenght of the Kölner Haie organisation.
There has been a Statement on facebook from the official account that they consider the game sold out, because of the blocked tickets of the season ticket holders and they are sure that they will sell all the previously blocked tickets that are not used by season ticket holders.

Reactions: Night Witch

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I bought 4 nosebleeds on the secondary market for 199E each for the Koln game on Ticketbis this morning. I will try to upgrade the seats and flip these later but I didn’t want to risk not having seats at all as I will be in the area then anyways.

Already have 6 premium plus VIP seats in section D R17 with the fancy 3 course meal at Restaurant Poul’s for the Gothenburg game vs the Devils so it should be a great time. My son who lives in Europe and is fluent in Swedish bought them for me as soon as they went on sale.

Hope to meet some of you guys at wherever the Oiler fans will take over!

Reactions: Olenkab29

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I bought 4 nosebleeds on the secondary market for 199E each for the Koln game on Ticketbis this morning. I will try to upgrade the seats and flip these later but I didn’t want to risk not having seats at all as I will be in the area then anyways.

Already have 6 premium plus VIP seats in section D R17 with the fancy 3 course meal at Restaurant Poul’s for the Gothenburg game vs the Devils so it should be a great time. My son who lives in Europe and is fluent in Swedish bought them for me as soon as they went on sale.

Hope to meet some of you guys at wherever the Oiler fans will take over!

Lots of us will be in Sweden--no idea about Cologne

I just had one of my co workers who is from Germany call the Ticket office and he was told it is sold out and there would not be a second ticket release--I know a lot of people who wanted tickets--if Sharks did sell all the tickets to only their fans--that will piss a lot of people off

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Lots of us will be in Sweden--no idea about Cologne

I just had one of my co workers who is from Germany call the Ticket office and he was told it is sold out and there would not be a second ticket release--I know a lot of people who wanted tickets--if Sharks did sell all the tickets to only their fans--that will piss a lot of people off

Will be a decidedly pro Köln crowd. Will cheer Let’s Go Oilers from the top shelf deck lol. Might be the only ones or among the few anyways. Yes there will be a few people wrankled about it. I wonder how the tour operators will get blocks of tickets.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Will be a decidedly pro Köln crowd. Will cheer Let’s Go Oilers from the top shelf deck lol. Might be the only ones.

Unless there is sever confusion with Cologne Sharks--the game is sold out and the general public never had a shot at tickets--only STH--

Guest the Sharks abide by the Lowe and Mact rule of unless you are a STH you mean nothing

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Unless there is sever confusion with Cologne Sharks--the game is sold out and the general public never had a shot at tickets--only STH--

Guest the Sharks abide by the Lowe and Mact rule of unless you are a STH you mean nothing

That is what it sounds like, no tickets were ever available. If German STH bought them there could be a bunch hitting the secondary market in the coming days / weeks. I’d check Ticketbis often. I will keep checking trying to get an upgrade on my 4 so if I do I will see if anyone wants the ones I have.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
That is what it sounds like, no tickets were ever available. If German STH bought them there could be a bunch hitting the secondary market in the coming days / weeks. I’d check Ticketbis often. I will keep checking trying to get an upgrade on my 4 so if I do I will see if anyone wants the ones I have.

Have to admit I am disappointed if this is the fact. But it is a loss for Cologne if the Cologne Sharks did this. I know of about 100 guys from here in the UK who were going to fly out on the 1st of October, stay in Cologne for 3 days and then fly to Sweden for 3. The tickets I see on line are racked up by like 1000%

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Jeez, almost 300 eur for the worst ones. I'll have to think long and hard about that... Add me to the list of people trying to get tickets when sales opened this morning. No chance.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Jeez, almost 300 eur for the worst ones. I'll have to think long and hard about that... Add me to the list of people trying to get tickets when sales opened this morning. No chance.

We, the general public, never had a chance to get tickets. Sounds more and more ALL ticket sold today were to season ticket holders-- allowing them to buy 4 additional tickets was crazy

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
We, the general public, never had a chance to get tickets. Sounds more and more ALL ticket sold today were to season ticket holders-- allowing them to buy 4 additional tickets was crazy
It's s rip-off. It always is when tickets go that fast. F**king annoying.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
I'm good with the idea of selling to STH in theory. This is a pretty rare event for the locals and it would be pretty lame if a bunch of Albertans looking for a vacation scooped them all up IMO.

Of course, in practice what happens is the STH will buy them all and then put them up in resale for large profits, but that's a seperate problem.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I hope you guys haven't booked your plane tickets and hotels already.

I’m already there the month of September so figured might as well extend by a week, just need to change the return from Budapest to Gothenburg, get a couple of extra in Europe flights and book a couple rooms.

I know a tour operator who was planning on a group buy but got shut out in Germany and may only do the Swedish game. I suppose it will impact all tour operators who were planning on offering seats.

Can’t imagine the early avail of seats will go down well but I do get STH getting first crack. Too bad a lot will wind up on the secondary market but I imagine if the roles were reversed it would be the same thing here or anywhere else.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Got not problem with the STH getting first crack. My problem is that they could buy 4 more tickets for each season seat they owned and that's why it sold out in ten minutes

Yes good point, they should only be able to buy the same seats as they have. Shuts out everyone else. Maybe they heard Oiler fans travel well and in large packs and wanted a Kolner only crowd lol.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Even though I do not have a ticket to the game..I may still go to Cologne. Have not been there for awhile and in talking to a few cologne fans it sounds like there will be stuff away from the arena

I read somewhere it’s German Unification day or something like that, and is a national holiday hence the game being at 4 pm in the afternoon.

My problem is I am travelling and the tickets are being shipped to my son who is in Belgium so I am hoping I can get the tickets sent to whichever hotel I will be at when they are couriered out so I don’t have to run the 5 hours both ways to his place from Cologne to get them.

If you want tickets @jumptheshark let me know as I do have 4 extra.

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
Well, no tickets for me. Can't say I'm surprised about the secondary market rip-off prices, same **** as usual, different flies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->