Going to Sweden or Germany in October (please delete if there's already a thread..couldn't find it!)

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I lost a twitter war with a few oiler fans who said they were season ticket holders and they got an email that allowed then early access

Unless it was that leaked Facebook link because the Oilers did not release an early access link according to my Oilers account rep.

Olenkab29

Apr 25, 2016
I'm an Oilers STH and didn't get any pre-sale info. I DID get an email that told me when the onsale dates were though. I stayed up until 2am on Monday to get the Sweden tix and set my alarm for 2:50 am on Wednesday to get the Koln tix when they went on sale at 3am our time. There weren't many to be had, and when I tried to 'shop around' a bit, I could literally see the tickets disappearing fast. I managed to get a pair of cheapies. So there really was a public onsale, just not much available. I did read that Koln STH had until the 29th or something (maybe 23rd as mentioned in this thread) to CONFIRM their usual seats for the game. It didn't say anything about being able to buy more. I guess that info was only shared with the Koln STH.

Reactions: Night Witch

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I'm an Oilers STH and didn't get any pre-sale info. I DID get an email that told me when the onsale dates were though. I stayed up until 2am on Monday to get the Sweden tix and set my alarm for 2:50 am on Wednesday to get the Koln tix when they went on sale at 3am our time. There weren't many to be had, and when I tried to 'shop around' a bit, I could literally see the tickets disappearing fast. I managed to get a pair of cheapies. So there really was a public onsale, just not much available. I did read that Koln STH had until the 29th or something (maybe 23rd as mentioned in this thread) to CONFIRM their usual seats for the game. It didn't say anything about being able to buy more. I guess that info was only shared with the Koln STH.

Their STH were able to buy 4 extra tickets this is one reason so many tickets were in resale so quickly and that is what most did

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I am having fun booking my flight right now

I am able to fly London to Cologne return for £35 and then London to Gothenberg for £40 return--trying figure out a cheap, quick way from Cologne to Gothenberg--but I can not find any direct flights--funniest one stop over flight has be flying to Moscow and then Gothenberg--take a look on a map and you will see why that amuses me

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Gbg London should be cheap with ryanair or norwegian. No idea about the Koln stop though but you could consider a few nearby airports to cheapen up the price. Frankfurt to Koln by train isn't very far.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Gbg London should be cheap with ryanair or norwegian. No idea about the Koln stop though but you could consider a few nearby airports to cheapen up the price. Frankfurt to Koln by train isn't very far.

that is what I booked--I was trying to get from Cologne to Gothenberg--and that is where the fun starts

SaltNPeca

Jan 9, 2017
Köln
Even though I do not have a ticket to the game..I may still go to Cologne. Have not been there for awhile and in talking to a few cologne fans it sounds like there will be stuff away from the arena

There is always stuff away from the arena guys. I made a big post about things to do in an IIHF 2017 thread here on hfboards.

I got 4 good tickets @ 80 EUR each something like 24h before the official sale. After a scrimmage one night a guy forwarded me a link where I could register and buy up to 4 tickets. It might have been emailed out to Haie STH, but I could register without being STH. Definitely a chitshow, and "normal" people had no chance to buy tickets for this game.

I live here in Cologne and will be going with other Canadians and guys I play hockey with repping Oilers of course. We'll be in section 207 rows 13-15 or so.

Reactions: Oilers Propagandist

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
There is always stuff away from the arena guys. I made a big post about things to do in an IIHF 2017 thread here on hfboards.

I got 4 good tickets @ 80 EUR each something like 24h before the official sale. After a scrimmage one night a guy forwarded me a link where I could register and buy up to 4 tickets. It might have been emailed out to Haie STH, but I could register without being STH. Definitely a chitshow, and "normal" people had no chance to buy tickets for this game.

I live here in Cologne and will be going with other Canadians and guys I play hockey with repping Oilers of course. We'll be in section 207 rows 13-15 or so.

yeah I know--I am still going

either I will beat someone up a ticket(just joking) or I will find other ways to get a ticket

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I had 4 extra tickets for the Cologne game but sold them to a friend of a friend who couldn't find tickets.
Flights I booked are via Lufthansa which takes you on a combined hi speed rail ticket from Cologne to Frankfurt then to Gothenburg all on one ticket.

Reactions: Oilers Propagandist

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I had 4 extra tickets for the Cologne game but sold them to a friend of a friend who couldn't find tickets.
Flights I booked are via Lufthansa which takes you on a combined hi speed rail ticket from Cologne to Frankfurt then to Gothenburg all on one ticket.

the decision I made was to fly to cologne from London for £40 return and then London to Gotenberg for £40 as well

the prices I saw had that option at about 250 to 300 Euros for train + plane

Last edited:

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
BTW

For those going to Cologne for more then one day--hotels are booking up quick--so you might want not to wait to see if prices go down..there is some sort of festival in Cologne

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Just to give you guys a heads up. I was talking with a few people from Cologne and they were telling me if you have purchased tickets on a secondary market you should be aware that some people have reportedly resold their tickets 3 or 4 times over so it could be fun . I know for the Swedish games if you booked directly your name appears on the ticket. And if you have booked via a travel agent make sure you have a copy of your ticket or the actual tickets on you as there sounds like there has been some mischief from some on line agents selling packages but not actually having the tickets. One on line agent has sold packages where in the terms and conditions the state that if tickets are not available for the event a refund on the face value will be given. Meaning you fly all the way to europe to only find you actually have no tickets

and it goes without saying making sure you get travel insurance, October in notorious for trouble with airlines.

Last edited:
Reactions: belair

Zenos

Oct 4, 2009
BTW

For those going to Cologne for more then one day--hotels are booking up quick--so you might want not to wait to see if prices go down..there is some sort of festival in Cologne

The 3rd of October is German-Unification Day (the official national holiday). As you can imagine, it's generally a big day for travel across the country.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
I've seen that there are places opening up now in Koln. I'll see in a week or so if there are still tickets for a reasonable price.

Anyone know anything about age restrictions and/or prices for kids? I wanted to bring my 3 year old son to the game but I have not found any info on how kids are handled (allowed? lower price? etc...)

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I've seen that there are places opening up now in Koln. I'll see in a week or so if there are still tickets for a reasonable price.

Anyone know anything about age restrictions and/or prices for kids? I wanted to bring my 3 year old son to the game but I have not found any info on how kids are handled (allowed? lower price? etc...)

Kids need a seat unless they are under 1 year old or the size of an infant

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
https://www.haie.de/tickets/saalplan-und-einzeltickets

For KEC games: "Kinder bis zum vollendeten 3. Lebensjahr haben freien Eintritt ohne Sitzplatzanspruch"
Kids up to 3 can enter for free without a ticket or a seat.
NOOOOO, my son turns three on September 21st :ha::ha::ha::ha:

... wait, up to three means also that three year olds go for free until they turn 4? Or is the break off point when they turn three?

Last edited:

Kolja

1-5-6-14
Oct 30, 2011
NOOOOO, my son turn three on September 21st :ha::ha::ha::ha:

... wait, up to three means also that three year olds go for free until they turn 4? Or is the break off point when they turn three?

They won't ask for an ID from a 3 year old. Tell them he turns three in Nov.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->