Going into this years playoffs, who would you rather take in their Prime? OV vs Datsyuk

Going into this years playoffs, who would you rather take in their Prime? OV vs Datsyuk

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Defense is a team activity. It's pretty difficult to argue that Datsyuk individually prevented 15 more goals than OV.

So is offense though. I get what you are saying but I find it hard to believe the Selke winning forward didn't prevent 15 more goals over 82 games than all offense Ovechkin did.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Except for his peers. The ones that actually count and know a thing. And yes there were ppl saying it.

Datsyuk never won a Pearson or a lindsay. Has he ever even been nominated? Ovechkin won three consecutive and has 6 nominations.

Aren't these the people you are saying "actually count" and "know a thing?" How could they have possibly voted for Ovechkin over Datsyuk every single time during Datsyuk's best years?

Your logic is broken.

TopShelfYzerman

Gm 7 Double OT
Jan 3, 2011
USA
www.youtube.com
Datsyuk never won a Pearson or a lindsay. Has he ever even been nominated? Ovechkin won three consecutive and has 6 nominations.

Aren't these the people you are saying "actually count" and "know a thing?" How could they have possibly voted for Ovechkin over Datsyuk every single time during Datsyuk's best years?

Your logic is broken.
Did you fail to realize there are more hockey players than the ones on the NHLPA? Newsflash there is. And a poll conducted of hundreds of players suggested the majority of players thought datsyuk was the best that year. Let me dig up the poll.

BraveCanadian

Jun 30, 2010
Ovechkin. I find Datsyuk overrated. Datsyuk was a great player but Ovechkin was the best player in the world for a bit.

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
This is tough. Either,

Crosby
Malkin
Datsyuk
Brassard

Or, always having one of Crosby, Malkin, Kessel, or Ovechkin on the ice for literally every shift of a game.

bathdog

Oct 27, 2016
I think Ovechkin individually peaked a bit higher (but closer than most make it out to be), but Datsyuk is more the "type" of player I'd build a playoff team around around. I think it's down to team needs for me, and since no such criteria is given I'd take Datsyuk. I feel like he'd do better, team success wise, on a team lacking offensive upside, than Ovechkin would do on a team without a solid defensive core.

acor

Jan 13, 2012
Ovechkin was clearly better player, so its him, easily... And I don't like this guy, lol...
Actually I don't understand people voting for Datsyuk... This should be lopsided poll...

Saku11

Jan 25, 2010
Actually I don't understand people voting for Datsyuk... ...
They try so hard to be cool and different. I bet its the same people who like some crap 60`s jazz music because it didnt make the charts it has to be good. Its a hipster mentality,

Khomutov

Sep 22, 2015
They try so hard to be cool and different. I bet its the same people who like some crap 60`s jazz music because it didnt make the charts it has to be good. Its a hipster mentality,

Ridiculous. Datsyuk at his peak was an around 90 point guy with Selke defence. Also showed great skill, beside his efficiency. Maybe Ovechkin was better, but it was close.

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
Datsyuk.

If I already had a guy like Bergeron on my team, then probably Ovechkin in that case but otherwise give me Dats.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad