Movies: Godzilla: King of the Monsters

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
I still haven't seen Shin Godzilla. The missing movie in my repertoire.

My Chickenzilla reference was to the Broderick abomination. Run away Godzilla run away! What? Can't catch a cab in New York? The whole Japanese army couldn't take you out? Don't worry, two American Jets will get the job done.

If you haven't watched Shin yet I highly recommend that you do. With it you're getting a movie that recalls a lot the original movie, but you're so getting an extremely well done cinematic show out on by one of the masters of Japanese media.

As for the chicken reference, you'll have to wartch the movie to find out :)

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I fully expected the human elements of this movie to be much worse than they were after reading this thread. It was fine. Nothing great, but fine. Certainly no worse than the first one.

I was pretty disappointed in the monsters though.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Literally the only person I have heard this from. What didn't you like about them?

I didn't think the fight scenes were all that spectacular. Nothing that happened in the climactic battle mattered because we knew from the beginning that Godzilla was about to go "thermonuclear"... but even so, the battle itself wasn't that great. The first Godzilla you definitely felt the size of them. This time, it felt too similar to any comic book battle.

And Ghidorah looked like a cartoon.

Reactions: Jussi

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
I didn't think the fight scenes were all that spectacular. Nothing that happened in the climactic battle mattered because we knew from the beginning that Godzilla was about to go "thermonuclear"... but even so, the battle itself wasn't that great. The first Godzilla you definitely felt the size of them. This time, it felt too similar to any comic book battle.

And Ghidorah looked like a cartoon.

To each their own I guess. I found this to t he best looking Ghidorah, Rodan and Mothra ever created. I think the anime Godzilla is the best looking big G to date though.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
To each their own I guess. I found this to t he best looking Ghidorah, Rodan and Mothra ever created. I think the anime Godzilla is the best looking big G to date though.

I do agree that it was the best Ghidorah so far, but somehow the look wasn’t quite up to the quality of the others.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad