Movies: Godzilla: King of the Monsters

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Is Kong in it anywhere? I think maybe a saw a Kong hand?

There's a very strong possibility that he makes an appearance, at least as a teaser at the end. In 2020 (only one year after this comes out), Godzilla vs Kong is scheduled to come out, also starring Millie Bobby Brown, so the two movies are closely linked and may've even been filmed back to back.

Last edited:
Reactions: NYRKING30

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
There's a very strong possibility that he makes an appearance, at least as a teaser at the end. In 2020 (only one year after this comes out), Godzilla vs King Kong is scheduled to come out, also starring Millie Bobby Brown, so the two movies are closely linked and may've even been filmed back to back.
Probably a post credit scene

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I'm filing this under the category of "films I'm definitely seeing but want to go in 100% blind so I'm going to try to avoid all promotional images and trailers if at all possible."

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Sure, I never miss one, and this one looks interesting. But, in general, if I had my druthers, I would leave Godzilla to the Japanese who do the movies in the right spirit.

Reactions: Eisen

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Trailer music doesn't match well at all
I disagree, I think it packs a pretty big emotional punch TBH. Makes it feel like we/the characters should be in awe of all the monsters rather than scared of them, which I think is a good direction to take a Godzilla movie.

I think this is one of the more promising movie "universes", it just depends on how they blend all the different tones of all the movies. The dark, brooding original Godzilla, the 70s war movie feel of Kong, and then whatever this turns into. I like Dougherty as a director for this, Krampus and Trick 'r Treat are really solid and underrated monster movies, just not on the scale of something like Godzilla.

Reactions: BonMorrison

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Any love for 1998 Godzilla? :sarcasm:

13358413_f520.jpg

Reactions: Hockeyfrilla

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
Sure, I never miss one, and this one looks interesting. But, in general, if I had my druthers, I would leave Godzilla to the Japanese who do the movies in the right spirit.

I ton have a fondness for Gojira, however this latest American version of Godzilla is pretty good, minus some of the questionable casting choices (Johnson) and character development (Cranston, Watanabe)

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
As someone who has been a Godzilla fan and has enjoyed giant monster movies as a whole ever since I was around four, I have mixed feelings on the 1998 american Godzilla film.

Is it a horrible Godzilla film? Yes, the adaptation of the source is pathetic and awful. To put it simply, they took the "god" out of Godzilla.

Is it a bad giant monster movie? Not really. You could do much MUCH worse like the Yonggary remake or some of the original "kenny" filled Gamera films.

The 98 Godzilla would have done much better had it not been a Godzilla film. That's more or less the stance Toho, the Japanese studio who created Godzilla has taken. The monster is a seperate one from regular Godzilla and is referred to as just Zilla. Honestly they should have called it a remake of The Beast From 20,000 Fathoms given how similar it is to that film.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad